Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

You get a few chills as you realise the hobgoblin like creature is a Redcap. They start off life about the size of a normal goblin. They feed by drinking the life essence of creatures that have died violently, usually at their hands. The more life essences they consume the bigger and stronger they get. There is a bounty on them in England.
There is some debate over how often they have to kill, but they do have to kill..
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Are they allowed to be out and about like this? Legally?]
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[Assuming Elizabeth can see Iggy's reaction.]

"If you would give me a moment to confer with my compatriot." Elizabeth directed Iggy about twenty feet away from the fence. Quietly, Elizabeth asked "Tell me Iggy. Do you still have that anti-gravity harness?"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:56 pm [Are they allowed to be out and about like this? Legally?]
Not on English territory...
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[And he's on the English side of the gate? Or did we ever see him on our side of the gate?]

"Always." Iggy says
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 am [And he's on the English side of the gate? Or did we ever see him on our side of the gate?]

"Always." Iggy says
As quietly as she can, Elizabeth says "I can toss you over the fence and I can leap over. We could be behind them and attack in seconds."

[Stealth roll (if I should need it): 19]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"But should we attack them? For what reason?" Iggy asks. "If they'd done something that warranted it. For example, if we can lure the redcap onto English soil." Iggy subtly indicates who he means.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:47 pm "But should we attack them? For what reason?" Iggy asks. "If they'd done something that warranted it. For example, if we can lure the redcap onto English soil." Iggy subtly indicates who he means.
It took a moment to get Iggy's idea. Elizabeth smiled. She hit her communicator and said loudly, "We are having trouble with the investigation. We have two leftenants who seem to be interceding on behalf of the Danes. Can we get orders?" Elizabeth ignored whatever reply she received. The communication was not for the other end of the wireless. After a few moments of feigned nodding and terse replies, she went back to the gate.

"Alright. I need someone here to explain to my superiors what you are doing such that we cannot investigate these docks. I don't want to be the cause of an international incident, but I will also make damned sure my job is completed to the best of my ability. So I will need..." Elizabeth took her arm and moved it between the two individuals before her as if still deciding whom to choose. "You" She pointed at the redcap. "Please, walk with us to our carriage. Our supervisor will have questions for you. We can wait a moment should you need to confer with your superiors."

[Diplomacy: 20]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

They have beenntalking to you through the bars of the gate. You never saw tbe Redcap on your side of the gate.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The elf intercedes... "no, I don't think so. As I said, you are welcome to have a guided tour, despite having no paperwork, reliable identification, or even the common courtesy of calling ahead. All we asked was that you are not armoured and armed when you do so and abide by our rules. Perhaps our employers can talk to your employers. Do you have a number and a name we can contact?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well, as interesting as all this has been you have provided no indication of authority to stop us or our investigation. Any international incidents will be handled by our supervisor, a very intelligent man, who gave us no other warnings or documentation when we made our attentions known of coming here." Iggy attempts to open the gate.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

make a strength roll. Both of you can then make initiative rolls.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[Initiative: 19]

If I can, could I say that Elizabeth would have helped him with the strength check? If so, here is her strength check.

[Strength Check: 10]

Jeez... Glad I got that roll out of the way.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Did we ever get a description of the gate and how it might open?

Strength: 1D20-2 = [19]-2 = 17

init: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It is a large gate made out of iron bars. It opens outwards. You are not sure if some mechanism opens it or if it is manual? When you grab it and pull it, you clearly take everyone by surprise. It swings open several feet from strength and starts to swing further from momentum before something locks it in place, ajar about 5ft. Opening side away from you.

Actions?