Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Noticing a slight Stagger from Elizabeth Iggy frowns. "If surprised you'll be in a bad way. I have a drink you can have." Iggy starts patting at his pockets.

"OOh, you can try my flavors - strawberry-pepper, cherry-curry, or my newest, banana-engine grease. You'll feel better. Maybe. Unless you're allergic to any of the ingredients. Then you'll die."

"Wanna try?" He asks a-little-too expectantly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It looks like a list of destinations and cargoes for various ports around the coast of England, predominantly brandy, and material for clothing. The register is written in Dutch you think.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

He'll hand her whatever flavor she requests.
feel better salve: 1d20+5 16 Heals the remaining staggered Condition.
"Manweather, can you read Dutch?" He offers the log book to the occultist.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Merriweather looks down at the grubby book... "no, but I do read german and latin that of course share some commonalities. Hmmmm" He has a flick through the pages. "The front has the latitudes and longitudes for various ports and beacons. The rest is really just cargo manifests. They seem to deal with relatively high end goods. God knows Brandy isn't as cheap as it could be. Certainly nothing worth being murdered for. By the way, what was it you came up against. Could you possibly describe it for me? That might give us some clues about who we are dealing with. Is there any iconography left or did you notice any strange smells before it appeared.? While you are working that out I will have a look at these other corpses."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy will describe it.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth pauses briefly after being given the flavors. "I will probably regret this... Cherry-curry please." It is quickly tossed to her and she drinks it. It tastes good, for a concoction made of cherry and curry tincture, syrup, and what could be charitably called a formaldehyde aftertaste. She supposed that the method of healing was the following. The substance killed all who didn't desire life enough to drink it in its entirety, but would heal those strong enough of will to drain the entire bottle.

[Edit: I couldn't let that stilted and clumsy sentence lie.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Manchester Merriweather

Arcane Lore: 1d20+11 16

Manchester ponders a moment "hmmm, not much to go on. There are many flaming entities in mythology. It is obviously a western summoning. Nothing about it says Araby or Asia. Probably not Russian, not the right flavour really. Not Scandinavian. German, French, Italian at a pinch, Spanish, Dutch, English, American, Belgium. I am less inclined to think Italian or Spanish, too dull and work man like. That automatically makes me think Holland or Belgium. Two nations that have raised dull and workmanlike to an art form."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Does this correspond to any of the recent destinations on the ship's manifest?" Iggy asks.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Manchester looks at the little goblin, almost surprised by the rationality of his questions... "No, it is a Dutch ship though. Most of the goods are from Holland though there are a few goods that were picked up in England."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Yes, but I presumed no one of the crew would have launched a magical attack while the ship was at sea - few guarantees that they'd make it to land safely." Iggy says.

"Either way, more data needed. we should get to where the steering... thingy... is." his hands trace a vaguely circular pattern in the air. The zeppelins he was used to working on necessitated a much more complex piloting apparatus than these simpler ships did.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

"I believe he is asking about the helm. Zeppelins also have helms." Elizabeth went to that location, the wood creaking underfoot.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Manchester Merriwether

Manchester follows the rest of you up to the wheelhouse.." I don't know if this is relevant but these other sailors were strangled to death by someone or something with long skinny hands and possibly claws." They weren't strangled in the indian fashion and all there bed clothes are unmussed. That makes me think that there was more than one culprit involved...and at least one of them is magically skilled."
OOC- what are you looking for in the wheelhouse?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hob Henderson
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

As soon as it was obvious that the fire creature wasn't going to re-form, and that the cabin held no more obvious danger, Hob had gone back above-decks. The space down below was just too cramped- he could sort of move around, but it wasn't comfortable, and he knew that this sort of search wasn't really suited to his skills. He worked best when there was someone that he could negotiate with- the sort of negotiation conducted with fists or looming ominously...

Once the others started filtering back up, he nodded to them. "Think we ought to see 'ooever owns this tub? See if they've any word on 'oo hired it, or if they've 'ad word about anything useful? Or do you want I should pop around the docks a bit, see if there's anyone might have noticed something odd last time this thing was in port?"

>OOC: Checking in, not much to add though
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We haven't found the captain yet and we still don't know why the ship crashed, I had been thinking clues for that may be in the helm. Plus if there any other summoning booby traps its likely to be there and we shouldn't leave anything like that behind us. That'd be rude."

"We should compare crew manifest to dead bodies to see if all people are accounted for. I doubt the culprits were part of the crew but the families deserve closure on the disposition of their seafaring kin."
Iggy says from a perspective of one from Her Majesty's Air Core.

"We should make sure we have the timeline right too."

So... quickly, Iggy will bring up points and check with the others [and the GM]

the ship left their last port of call
the ship crashed
the ship was towed back here
presumably the culprits were still on board because something fought it's way off the gangplank(?)
(were the bodies on the gang plank in the same uniforms as the ship's crew?)
then the scene was magically sealed
Am I missing anything?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Timeline of events
Dutch ship left Port of London for trading around coast of England selling predominantly Dutch goods.
While at sea, something attacked the crew, strangling most of them, slashed two crew on deck (same style of clothing as found in sea chests of other dead crew), one of whom managed to get a shot off with a blunderbuss, hitting but not obviously wounding anything.
At some stage someone left a magical trap in the (as yet) unchecked Captain's cabin.
At some stage all cargo was removed.
The ship was towed back and placed under a magical preservation spell.
You arrived.
All bodies have been accounted for apart from the captain, who may or may not be in the Captain's cabin.