Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Poodle »

The Lieutenants mouth drops open..."W-Wererats!" He looks around nervously. "My job was merely to guard the ship from intruders. No-one said anything about other things. What do we do? I need to tell my commanding officer."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:13 am
[Was the quantity such that they would have needed another ship to convey it all away? Does this indicate it was more of a piratical sea attack from another vessel?]
In other words, is there any reason to think the attackers were still on the vessel when it was towed in to dock?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There was too much stuff to put in your pocket and swim to shore so yes, another boat would have been needed. As for whether the attackers were still on board, sailors did have to go on deck to secure lines etc so that they could tow it back to port. If they had seen giant vicious ratmen it would probably have been mentioned.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Ah, okay...." Iggy says as he shares his thoughts on there being another vessel involved. "So the scope of this just got bigger. We are looking for magic-using Pi-rats..." he pauses to emphasize the pun. "And they could have used any port to come in to London assuming they'd come to London at all."
[GM, is that a fair statement to make? Did we find any clues that they would even need to come in to the city?]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

yup, they could have gone to any port. You do know the goods that were stolen. You do know that they stopped in london to pick up some goods. It is pretty clear it was premeditated. Someone knew the boats course, to arrange an interception from another boat. A small unarmouredt lightly crewed boat with high value relatively easily disposed of goods.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:10 pm The Lieutenants mouth drops open..."W-Wererats!" He looks around nervously. "My job was merely to guard the ship from intruders. No-one said anything about other things. What do we do? I need to tell my commanding officer."
"I would definitely suggest it. I would also suggest we get a look at any records of the comings and goings of ships and their goods. If they are pirates, they may have moved the stolen goods onto this or another port in the queens country. I would also suggest that we give a warning to all ships in the area that there may be pirates in the area. We should take precautions."

While she waits for a response, Elizabeth quickly changes her PURSE into a communicator and keeps her friends-at-arms apprised of her motions.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[She has a commlink under equipment. No need to use PURSE for it.]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The officer looks at Elizabeth. "I thought that investigation was what you and your companions were here for. I am not going to be responsible for starting a huge panic. Besides I can assure you that between the Coast Guard, the Navy and the Royal Zeppelin Corps there are no such things as pirates in English waters. Do you have any idea how much naval traffic there is coming into British ports every single day! I will notify my officer of a possible threat but that is all I can do."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:58 am The officer looks at Elizabeth. "I thought that investigation was what you and your companions were here for. I am not going to be responsible for starting a huge panic. Besides I can assure you that between the Coast Guard, the Navy and the Royal Zeppelin Corps there are no such things as pirates in English waters. Do you have any idea how much naval traffic there is coming into British ports every single day! I will notify my officer of a possible threat but that is all I can do."
Elizabeth sighed. "If we move quickly, we may catch them and won't need to alert the ships in her majesties waters. However, I assure you that whomever was on that ship, left before it was boarded. So either they escaped onto this dockyard or some other trade hub. Anyway, lets go see your superior officer."
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

He sighs and leads you towards a barracks for Her majesty's Royal Dragoons. Eventually you get to an oak-panelled office.Behind the desk is a robust Florid-faced man with a huge moustache and a calculating gaze.
He rises when you enter the room.
"Madame" He gives a half bow. "How may I help you?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well... poo." Iggy says. "If they've there own ship then I think we're at the point of reporting to our patron what our findings are and seeing what he recommends. Once or Lady of Clockwork gets back, of course." Iggy says.

In the meanwhile, he'll levitate high and look at the ship top-down. If another ship executed a boarding action there might be hookmarks from grapple lines or gaffs, it might even be bend out of shape in areas where ships collided.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Iggy, feel free to.make a search roll...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy
Search: 1d20+9 13
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Nothing stands out for you Iggy
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy floats back down.

"Manchester, Is there anything that the pirates stole that might require a special place to sell?" he asks after giving the occultist more time with the log book.