Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:14 pm Elizabeth -As you try to sense what happened in the past you can tell that a person came down the stairs towards the Redcap. When you attempt to see the person more clearly it is as if a veneer is ripped away exposing a writhing maggot-like mass...it is aware of you, impossible though that is. You can feel it's cold regard upon you.

Ooc - you fail your will save and can't go on.

"Sometimes when you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you"
Elizabeth gasps in horror at the visage she just witnessed. He body shakes slightly as she loses focus on what she was looking at. After a few shaking breaths, she relates everything she has seen.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Merriwether looks horrified as well.
"There might be something I can do...it will be a bit of a rush job but perhaps we could speak with the dead Redcap. I know it might strain your belief but perhaps we could do a seance. We don't have much time."
He hurriedly starts scratching diagrams around the room that look vaguely Hebrew.
"Righto. We can only ask 3 questions. The Redcap may not necessarily be inclined to answer. Perhaps think about what you want to ask so we can avoid wasting questions. Here goes, everybody form a circle joining hands. Who is going to do the talking and what questions do you want to ask?"
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy does so.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:55 am Merriwether looks horrified as well.
"There might be something I can do...it will be a bit of a rush job but perhaps we could speak with the dead Redcap. I know it might strain your belief but perhaps we could do a seance. We don't have much time."
He hurriedly starts scratching diagrams around the room that look vaguely Hebrew.
"Righto. We can only ask 3 questions. The Redcap may not necessarily be inclined to answer. Perhaps think about what you want to ask so we can avoid wasting questions. Here goes, everybody form a circle joining hands. Who is going to do the talking and what questions do you want to ask?"
Elizabeth grabbed hold of Iggy's hand. "I think one question we should definitely ask is what on heaven's earth I saw."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy tried to think like a redcap. "If we were to get violent vengeance on the people that failed to save you, where would we go next?"
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Iolas

Iolas was grateful for the hospitality of Sir Reginald. The food and rest helped his constitution immensely. He joined the others in going to visit and interrogate the blasted redcap. Sadly, the creature was dead when they got there. A dammed shame. Iggy started checking for clues while Elizabeth did..something that frightened her. After a quick explanation, Meriweather suggested a seance.

Iolas joined hands with the others. He would have one question to ask the ghost of the dead redcap.

"We should ask if there are similar operations elsewhere like we observed at the docks. London may not be the only target."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy

"So, 'What do you know of the creature that killed you?', 'What do you know of summoning rituals - past, present, and future?", and 'To enact vengeance on those who abandoned you to our care where would we go next?'. Are those three questions?" Iggy confirms with the others.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Iolas

"That appears to be an accurate summary of our inquiries."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:42 am Iggy

"So, 'What do you know of the creature that killed you?', 'What do you know of summoning rituals - past, present, and future?", and 'To enact vengeance on those who abandoned you to our care where would we go next?'. Are those three questions?" Iggy confirms with the others.
Voice still shaking, Elizabeth said "I think that is what we have come up with."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

"Very well then" Merriweather mutters some incantations and in the centre of your circle a shadowy figure forms of the Redcap. The darknpits of it's eyes take in all of you and a shadow smirk appears on it's face.
It starts to speak. Well' aren't we all in a bother then. Image risking the wrath of the Templars over little old me. Well come on then. What are the three questions. Don't worry I won't get all tricksy with you. I know what's coming. Not much you lot can do.."
Merriwether asks "what do you know of the creature that killed you?"
The creature looks at you quizzically "the maid? She seemed nice. They didn't think you would risk this. She knew the words of the great ones so she must have been on our side. Still, nice clean knife vs your inquisitors any day."
Merriwether asks "what do you know of summoning rituals, past present and future.?"
The Redcap laughs "me? Almost nothing. They are long, boring and put the frighteners up you everytime. I'm not a summoner. I have different gifts."
Merriwether asks "to enact vengeance upon those who abandoned you to our care where should we go next?"
At this the shade of the Redcap laughs long and hard..
"where do you need to go? Ha ha ha ha ha. You really don't know how big this is do you. Go, ha! Just wait. They will come to you to destroy on the slim chance you know more than you seem too. The Dutch were puppets. Look into your government, especially those who have access to dark knowledge. Go to where the power is. Go to the people hungering for more power. If there is a nation or government anywhere without our disciples in it it is too powerless to matter. Every day our numbers grow. It is just a matter of time."
At that the shade still chuckling fades away.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy frowns.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 am "Very well then" Merriweather mutters some incantations and in the centre of your circle a shadowy figure forms of the Redcap. The darknpits of it's eyes take in all of you and a shadow smirk appears on it's face.
It starts to speak. Well' aren't we all in a bother then. Image risking the wrath of the Templars over little old me. Well come on then. What are the three questions. Don't worry I won't get all tricksy with you. I know what's coming. Not much you lot can do.."
Merriwether asks "what do you know of the creature that killed you?"
The creature looks at you quizzically "the maid? She seemed nice. They didn't think you would risk this. She knew the words of the great ones so she must have been on our side. Still, nice clean knife vs your inquisitors any day."
Merriwether asks "what do you know of summoning rituals, past present and future.?"
The Redcap laughs "me? Almost nothing. They are long, boring and put the frighteners up you everytime. I'm not a summoner. I have different gifts."
Merriwether asks "to enact vengeance upon those who abandoned you to our care where should we go next?"
At this the shade of the Redcap laughs long and hard..
"where do you need to go? Ha ha ha ha ha. You really don't know how big this is do you. Go, ha! Just wait. They will come to you to destroy on the slim chance you know more than you seem too. The Dutch were puppets. Look into your government, especially those who have access to dark knowledge. Go to where the power is. Go to the people hungering for more power. If there is a nation or government anywhere without our disciples in it it is too powerless to matter. Every day our numbers grow. It is just a matter of time."
At that the shade still chuckling fades away.
"He spoke of a maid. We need to find this maid." Elizabeth steadied as she began to move into problem solving mode. "Also... what do you think about the claim regarding the government?"
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ooc..who are you asking?
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:20 am Ooc..who are you asking?
OOC: Sir Reginald if he is there, and Merriweather if he is not.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sir Reginald, looking seriousl nods. " oh no doubt. We can't even keep the dammed Bolsheviks out. There is a reason I chose my own recruits. As for the maid Ellie must be around here somewhere."
Merriwether twitches in discomfort. "If you once had wards, then I am not sure if you still do."
"Ridiculous. They would have to be able to unlock the ... quick. To the gates. Hob sound the alarm." Reginald surprisingly spry leaps for the stairs and starts heading off. Merriwether, somewhat reluctantly follows him.

Actions?