On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

"I think that means first round's on him." Salazar stage-whispers to the other companions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm Salazar

"I think that means first round's on him." Salazar stage-whispers to the other companions.
Kriv chuckled goodnaturedly at Salazar's words.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 60
Inspiration: None

The elf breaths outward soundlessly. "There he goes again..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

There are a few murmerd among the patrons of the establishment before a young woman wearing what must be the waitress attire approaches with a small note board. "E-excuse me sir.. Do you have any manner of signet so we may open you an account with the Stag?"

She looks a little nervous given your overall appearances, but mostly of Kriv and his claim of such a lofty title.
you should have a signet ring as part of your background gear. She'll just have him press it into the wax seal on an account certificate to be filed and see you all to a table.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

"Companions, if you'll excuse me a moment I think a change of my attire my set the gogglers at slight ease. I shall be back from the privies in a moment." The scaled bard says. He hefts his pack and asks directions to the 'water closets' from one of the servers.

******'

At little over 10 minutes later Salazar will pick his way through the diners, dressed in finery befitting a reasonably successful merchant or tradesman, perhaps even a lesser Count 'roughing it'. His pack bears along behind him in the hands of a ritually-summoned unseen servant, likely not the first in this very room. It should lend credence to their bonafides for being here.

"There. I feel pretty." he says rejoining his companions.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

"But of course, here." Kriv presents his family's signet ring, a golden piece with the Myastan family rune engraved on it. He smiles charmingly at the waitress, though how used to she is dealing with dragonborn likely colors the expression.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 24/24, AC: 18

Arcana: 1d20+1 11

Heart's crystal eyes lit up at the inside of the Crown Stag. It was such a step-up from the usual establishments the group usually ended up in. The interior was so elegantly designed. The floor and tables were so clean. And the patrons... so well-dressed, and not a single one fighting or, even worse, loudly singing off-key!

"We could try a less... stuffy inn or go all the way to the rowdy place. Thoughts?"

"Oh, no," Heart quickly interjected. "'Rowdy' is just another way of saying a place that serves dreck. You four would do well to have a proper meal. If you're worried about the cost, I will help pay, just as long as you all promise not to drink too much." It was easier to be generous with food costs when she didn't have to spend gold on meals for herself.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Once Kriv;'s signet has been pressed to the wax seal on the contract, the waitress shows the party to a table and directs Salazar to the water closet.

At the table, there is an honest to goodness menu. Unlike taverns you may be more familiar with where the items to choose from tend to run from bread to whatever the tavern happens to be serving for dinner, this place has options. A fair number of them as well. And as you've already guessed, quite pricey. Most meals tend in between 8sp and 2gp with wines listed by the glass at 1gp and honey mead at 5sp. Obviously this place caters to the wealthy and aristocratic, these prices would beggar a common man.

"May I get you drinks and give you a few moments with the menu? the server asks.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Kriv perked up when he read the drinks offered. "I'll have the honey mead. I've grown a sweet tooth for it and finding a place that knows how to make it right is a rare treat to be savoured."

He waves off Heart's offer with another broad grin and a wink. "I offered first, you can pay next time. But we should find you an artificer or someone like that at some point. Even one such as you doesn't run on the blessings of the gods alone, I would think." Kriv rubbed his scaly chin thoughtfully, as this clearly wasn't the first time the question of what exactly made Heart tick had picked at his curiosity.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

"How much is the water..." he murmured, glancing over the multitude of options. If there was anything more suuted for a wood elf's pallete, then that would be his first choice.
------------
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3]
Ki Points: 3 / Short Rest
HP: 1 ; Condition: Normal

Kaine sits on his ankles in the taverns more than comfortable chair. Looking to the waitress. "Well I for one can not say no to either of my friends here." Glancing from Kriv to Heart and back to the lovely waitress. I will share a mead with my friend Kriv, and partake of a meal for Heart who has little need to do so of her own." With extreme sincerity, "Your right Heart, this is a fine place and while I make no promises, I fully intend to not repeat the misunderstandings that happened at the Red Dragon Inn."

Kaine shoots Exile a familiar look of really as the wood elf orders water ... again. It had become a personal goal of his to see the Ranger passed out with a boxum elven lass under each arm before their company parted someday, until then, "You know when he comes back he's going to want to play one of those instruments again. Want to wager which one he starts with?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

On the way back, washed of road dust, dressed in fine clothing, lightly perfumed, and attended by an unseen servant, Salazar passes their server. "I'll have an apple cider, but crack a raw egg into it. Unusual I know, but anyone of the stature to have a High Dragonborn prince as retainer is allowed a few... eccentricities.*" He smiles genially at her and proceeds to his companion's table. Let her spread that around and see if their service/treatment isn't much improved.

When he sits down, the chair seemingly pulling itself out for him, he looks at his companions after glancing around speculatively.

"You know, I've been working on a new compilation for the Horn. Do you think these folk will mind terribly to be my first audience for it?"

*although nothing he said was a lie, he's trying to convey it in a way that sets up a false expectation. Let me know if you want a Deception role or if this situation is trivial enough to do without.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

"Yes." He stated plainly.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

"Ah, well... eager to have that first concert be for your keen ears alone then, I see." Salazar says, unperturbed. "Thank you for your confidence my hooded friend." he says, clapping Exile on the back. His bodily strength was not prodigious and it hardly moved the seasoned warrior.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3]
Ki Points: 3 / Short Rest
HP: 1 ; Condition: Normal

Kaine's eyes keep darting from one plump merchant to the next. The pull of wanting to lift the burden of such weighed purses was laying heavily his shoulders. "I doubt out friends from the gate will be showing up at this establishment Sal. Why is it we chose this place again? It certainly isn't the festive atmosphere."

Kaine's captivity in the Arena Pit had caused him to feel isolated from others. It had been a matter of us and them, and when you might be forced to kill one of us to survive, it could easily become me and everyone else. Luckily he had met his Master. The old Dragonborn saw something Kaine was still struggling to see . . . and Heart. He couldn't even pretend to understand how one such as she could care as much for the fighters as she did. Even before the Pit, he had never known anyone such as her.

"I need a drink."