On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

As the five of you carouse in the Crown Stag, to the apparent silent chagrin of other patrons (you still mostly look like adventurers fresh off the road, after all, even if Salazar cleaned himself up, first impressions are what they are) the afternoon winds along. Lunch is bought, brought and consumed and as the five of you are finishing up your meal with your drinks (except Heart, since Warforged aren't weak fleshbags in need of sustenance for inefficient biological processes), there is some commotion comming from outside.

A guard sticks his head into the Stag to inform the patrons, "There is some trouble with a crew of pirates towards the town center. Town guard are protecting high town, so you all should be alright so long as you stay indoors for the time being." With that, he departs to join the other town guards.

The other patrons are already all a-murmer discussing what might have happened or what may happen, though in general, they don't seem terribly concerned for their own safety at the moment, content in the competence of the town guard.
Go ahead and remove some gold for your food, between 1.3gp to 3gp based on what you had. Anywhere in there is fine. Tip if you like. Heart obviously doesn't eat so doesn't need to remove any gold. Otherwise, you are free to act, react, etc. Investigate with the patrons, head out to see what's going on, whatever.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar
StarGuard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 am "I doubt out friends from the gate will be showing up at this establishment Sal. Why is it we chose this place again? It certainly isn't the festive atmosphere."

"We were told only 'good food'. He neglected to mention the... elitist nature of the establishment and I was perfectly willing to leave for more suitable accommodations but Lord Kriv here wished to stay." Salazar recaps.

"No matter, it seems adventure has found us. Shall we go lend aid to the city guard?" He asks standing. "Pirates are rarely civil enough to leave honest folk like us alone."
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
StarGuard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:29 am "I need a drink."
"And drink you shall my friend! One should always enjoy the little things in life when they can, because you never know when you next get the chance for it."

Kriv paused in his merriment when the guards entered, tankard lifted half to his mouth. Then when he heard what it was about he downed it in one go before standing up. "We should go teach them some manners, in that case. And next time you can pick the establishment and offer buy a round for everyone." Kriv winked, he was only joking, though he looked eager to go see what this pirate business was about.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 60
Inspiration: None

The elf was already halfway out the door by the time his companions had started to take their own leave of the place. Whether it was his thirst for justice or a deep desire to be away from such a stuffy environment was anyone's guess this time around.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar Cyrux
HP 21/21 | AC: 18 | Init: +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell Slots: 3+1/3+1 | Bardic Inspiration 3/3

He stocked his weapon belt and unlumbered his shield. "Let's be about this then." and he follows those of his group outside... after taking one more bite of those delightfully spiced potatoes.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 24/24, AC: 18

"How much is the water..." Exile murmured.

Heart nodded approvingly at the elf's choice of drink. Even if they weren't on the road, it was important to stay properly hydrated! (Although he may have just been ordering it to avoid more expensive beverages.) The drinks did not quench anyone's thirst for justice, however, and at the first word of trouble, they were all heading for the door. Ugh, pirates. Too often a violent and unsanitary lot. Hopefully they were just looking for a good lime or two.

"Thank you very much for the food," Heart offered her gratitude to the nearest server. "We have to go confront pirates now. Bye."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3]
Ki Points: 3 / Short Rest
HP: 1 ; Condition: Normal

Kaine was "conversing" with the barmaid, " ... but I'm not that kind of monk ... ", he had explained, when the town guards interrupted his thoughts of the two sharing a cup of ale later in the evening.

"Pirates? . . . Sorry 'Love', but this bunch can get in a snit when 'honest' sailors are confused for pirates ... No, wait that's me. Ah anyway, I suppose I shall accompany them to comfort the pirates. The poor lads probably are just turned all about in the Big City and need directions back to the Wave Rider. You hold onto that gold piece. We'll have that cup of ale before the moon shines high in the velvet sky."

With a wink to the barmaid, Kaine vaults from behind the bar and follows quickly on the heels of his companions. Faster than most anyone not riding a mount Kaine left his horse behind, ducking and weaving through the midday streets, passing Kriv with a hearty slap on the shoulder and thanks for the mutton. It was only moments before he had caught up with Exile, attempting to draw the Ranger into a race to see who would make it there first.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

As the crew leaves the Stag to see about intervening in the altercation with the pirates should their brand of assistance be required, Heart, Exile and Kaine notice a brief flash of shadow pass by the far side of an allyway nearby, heading deeper into High Town.

It looks like some misguided souls might be taking advantage of the commotion being caused in the town center to get up to some manner of misdeed in the more aristocratic quarter of the town.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

He pauses for a brief moment, before drawing his bow out and racing towards the alleyway instead.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar's boots skid a little as he struggles to match the unexpected change in direction from the fleet elf who clearly had some reason for it. "What have we talked about using your words?" he says, exasperated.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine

As Exile suddenly seems to fade into the shadows of the alley, Kaine cries out. "Wait ... what? No, damn it 'X'. No fair, that's cheating." Laughing as he snags a thick wooden column, the monk lifts horizontally swinging, barely missing a vendors wares as he kicks up and around back toward the ranger.

"Yeah, words ... and stuff ... What Sal said." Smiling trusting his companions grim dark determination and instincts.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

He offers only a rough grunt in response, annoyed at being prompted to speak while in pursuit of an enemy. With his hands he instead roughly signaled the bare details he has uncovered, of which was near zero.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar gawked at Kaine's second display of nimble prowess in as many hours. "I'll tell you what's not bloody fair..." he grumbles.

"Hand signals!? I've no knack for hand signals yet. Was that one 'goat'? I hope I'm not getting alley shmutz on my nice robes because of a goat. It's thrice-carded genuine Highland wool..." he says with a pant, his scaled skin flushing a mottled brown at the exertion. "Ermine.... trimmed."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Kriv noticed the others change course and followed suit with the thud of heavy armored feet on cobblestone. He'd learned to trust Exile's keen senses even if he didn't often give full voice to his ideas.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

With his superior speed borne of long hours of training, Kaine is able to overtake Exile and catches a flit of dark fabric turning a corner, but when he reaches it, he sees no-one.

Having a quick look around while his party catches up a few breaths later, the alleyway extends onward with doors and windows on either side to businesses, some of which have living spaces above them where merchants live or keep additional stock, or both. No doors appear to be open, nor windows smashed. Whoever it was, for the moment, appears to have gotten away.
Wisdom (Survival) to attempt to track. Besides that, make any rolls for any skills you would like to try and use/actions you would like to take. The alleyway goes a nearly 90-degree turn and continues on, so there is no other direction to go besides the doors and windows lining the alley. The alleyway is open from the top with a few laundry lines, though none with hangings at this time.