On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar comes around the corner to see Kriv looking at the pile of trash. He tries to look for the man inside but the pirate is too well hidden.

He falls back on the weapon of words. "Surrender or my dragonborn friends sets the entire area ablaze with his breath. We know where you are."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

The elf dosn't let up much slack on his bow as he follows the others around the corner. His own eyes of course could make out the speckled trail of blood, but it seems the others found the last pirate's hiding spot as well. Bow trained on the pile looking for the slightest hint of a violent response, he waited.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3

Kriv gave Salazar a look before addressing the pirate. He didn't want to risk setting the whole town on fire, if he could avoid it. "Come in quietly and explain yourself and there will be no need for further violence."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The pirate stands his ground, figuratively speaking, but doesn't attack, just sticks his hands out from the rubbish and tosses down his short sword. "Sod off and just clap me in the irons already."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

Rude, he thought to himself. No voice was given to his opinion as he instead chose to keep his bow at the ready, just in case.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Manacles? He wasn't an officer of the law or some bounty hunter. Kriv lifted the man to his feet with ease but not unkindly. His grasp was solid, though, as he turned to lead the pirate back around the corner to the rest of their party. "We should regroup and bring them to the local authorities."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar will pause Kriv only briefly to bind the prisoner's hands with a length of rope, then search the Pirate for any other weapons, anything of value, or anything of interest.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The pirate has a spare eating knife and 5 silver secreted away on him. Nothing else of apparent value.

Searching the other pirates will net similar mundane items, and a few low denomination of coins.

As you haul the captured pirate off, the unconscious one from the roof needing to be lowered and carried, the conscious pirate follows without much resistance. You are quickly approached by the first pair of guards you see. "Oie, wha's goin' on 'ere" the larger of the pair asks, hands on weapons as they stare the five of you down waiting for your story. The captured pirate says nothing stubbornly.

(In all, 6 daggers, 4 short sword, 2 hand crossbows, 16 recoverable bolts with two bolt cases, 15 silver, 8 Copper. You can get padded armor(11+dex light Armor) off each if you want to strip them to thier skivvied)
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Kriv brightened up visibly when he saw the guards approaching them. "Greetings good sirs, glad to see the duly appointed guardians of this fair town! I am Kriv of Clan Myastan and my companions and I are road-weary travellers who arrived in your lovely town today."

"We heard of trouble while dining at the Crown Stag and allowed our curiousity to draw us into investigating, but we were ambushed by these fellows and their friends. Although some of them lost their lives in the fight, regrettably, we captured these two to bring them to the proper authorities and as though summoned by Bahamut here you are."
Kriv finished with a draconic smile, all teeth, but obviously pleased to see the two guards.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine was slowly lowering the pirate from the roof on a rope bound around his ankles. His smile at the quickness the others had captured or taken down the other sea dogs with. A smile quickly fading as the guard approached. The lovely guard and her Watchmaster at the gate aside, he was unsure of this port's level of collaboration with the darker business side of the city.

As the pirate bumped the ground at Heart's feet his condition less than pristine. The bowman's knee had been shattered and several ribs cracked. His breathing was steady but ragged. A flip of his wrist unwound the rope that he slowly, quietly wound up as he watched Kriv and the others address the guard below.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar was more than happy to let the more respectable Dragonborn noble talk to the guards and even admired the man's copious and spurious use of words.

"So, what was your goal here? Why an elaborate ambush in a back alley?" Salazar asks the pirate quietly.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

(Just to clarify, the guards see you as you leave the alleyway, so after Kaine's lowered the guy to the ground and looting if any has occured.)

The two guards look at each other, and the superior motions with his head for the other to do a quick check in the alleyway to see what the scene looked like there. (After any looting, what state do you leave the bodies in? Did you take their clothes/padded armor leaving them in their skivvies?)

The pirate spits at Salazar in response to the question.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine, one time an Investigator for his own corrupt city guard divested the pirate he subdued on the roof of anything that might be considered evidence, anything of worth mysteriously finding it's way into his coin pouch. Leaving the weapons on the roof, Kaine would quickly follow descending to the alley street. After making sure Heart was aware of the pirate's injuries, he would make his way back to the other roof to check on the pirate he had killed at the beginning of the skirmish.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar turns back on the guardsmen to face to captured pirate. He verifies that this wasn't someone he's dealt with in the past few years then addresses the pirate once again in low tones. Despite the man's crude response, Salazar has no hint of emotion as he addresses the man. "You will go unresisting with these guardsmen and tell them and anyone else whatever they may want to know about the identities, criminal activities, hideouts, and perpetrations of yourself, your companions, and anyone else you've associated with in an illegal manner these past 5 years."

Mixed with the words was a magic from the very core of his blood tied as it was to the sibilant whispers of snakelings throughout time.
[Suggestion, Wis save DC13, this is my 1/day Yuan-ti ability.]
Salazar speaks up, his tone jovial and conversational - a test to see if his magics took hold. "Now, do tell these gentlemen what is your name, what crew or organization you are from, and what you were doing in that alley back there."
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 12/24, AC: 18, Inspiration
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2

As the guard rounded the corner into the alleyway, he could find the warforged cleric tending to an unconscious, battered pirate through non-magical means. "Hmmm... she mused to herself. "Well, he won't be putting much weight on this leg for a while, but the limp at least won't be very noticeable. Perhaps I could-"

She looked up at the approaching guard, her crystal eyes "blinking." "Ah, hello," she greeted. "I trust that my companions have explained the situation?"
Stowing the shield and weapon to use Medicine to try and and lessen the one pirate's injuries; possibly bring him to consciousness for questioning?
Medicine on Alleyway Pirate: 1d20+5 22
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.