On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

Baern let out a little snort. The scaly boy did have some talents going for him. Not a bad job, not a bad job indeed.

But could he be trusted with the elixir of life?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

Shrewd. He knew from experience that this was just Salazar's way, where he would've done it for free. If talks fail here the elf likely still would.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 30/30
1st level spell slots used: 0/3

Kriv exchanged a glance with Exile as Salazar bartered for their price. The dragonborn suspected the elf would share his own will to deal with these pirates even if the negotiations fell through, although being respectably compensated for their work would be preferable. It wasn't the first time Kriv found his noble station slightly in conflict with his noble calling.

He was content to hold back from the talks, this was clearly Salazar's arena.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Brooks gestures with a hand. "A number of items are reported and described, though of course, we have no way of knowing exactly what this crew has in their cove unless you provide an itemized list of recovered booty, so the return of any such heirlooms would be entirely at your discretion to even report the recovery. Though I will say most items from better-off families have posted rewards, while some can't afford it and are simply praying that fate finds their precious family baubles returned. Just keep that in mind." The mayor seems to get it and harbours no illusions that you all could simply say you found nothing matching the description of any reported items and there's really nothing she could do about it, and as such there's no possible way for there to be demands from the populace.

"Though, if you are interested, I know a scribe or two that can be trusted to tag along through to inventory your haul. They can stay back until you clear the cove so as not to get in your way, then itemize a list to compare for any reported items. I'll cover the scribe's fee myself." While on a surface level, it seems like a slight towards the party's trustworthiness, but between the lines, it would make it easier for the party to identify items with a reward, and of course, it also means they wouldn't have to tally the loot themselves.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar looks to the others to see their opinions of having a tag along.

“My inclination would be to get the descriptions and assess it ourselves. But what are your guys’ thoughts on a scribe?”
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Kriv shrugged at the question. "Bahamut's scales are your shield, whether there's one more of you or not. The services of the scribe sound useful."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

He nodded, "Prudent."
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

Baern grinned a bit, "Sure, the more the merrier."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The mayor looks on as you come to a concensus. "Sounds like you're all of a mind then. I'll send word for the scribe to have them meet you at the gates with a map that will guide you to the cove. How you approach the cove is up to you, but if you want my advice, I'd hit 'em after dark. We don't know exactly what kind of arrangement they have in the cove, just that their ship has been spotted pulling in and out of there with enough frequency for us to be concerned, so you might scout it first." She nods towards Exile, the elf looking like that might be a task well up his alley.

"The trip should take about a day by horseback, so make sure you prepare adequately. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other appointments I've got to keep today. Ah, and I'll have the healing potions delivered with yer scribe, so they'll meet you at the gate as well. I trust that'll be satisfactory."
And with that, if you guys want to fast track the preparations, there's no real additional information to be gathered in town about the pirates or the cove. Not to say yours characters might not go about trying, just that the result is no new information. As this is a high trade town, bartering is pretty common and you can get a 10% discount for a DC15 Pursuade check and an additional 10% for every 5 over that. If you guys want to aid, select your primary skill-user (Though, I'm assuming Kriv as the only one with proficiency in Pursuade)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Is there anything anyone is looking to buy?]
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

[Nothing comes to mind but Kriv's happy to do the talking for others if needed.]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well fellows," Salazar says after their meeting with the mayor. "I know we're leaving a fair bit to chance with regards to our 'reward'. I hope that's okay. Though I have the instructions for getting the negotiated healing potions. 7 total, 1 each with 2 extra..."

"As a sign that I'm hopeful for what we find, I'll put out for a wagon that has both 1 and 2 horse-pull capacity. My own horse can serve to get it nearby and we can hook a second to it if the haul is bountiful. I'll have it loaded with an empty barrel, just in case we find a need and sacks and rope for hauling or, in a pinch, binding folk."

"Can anyone think of anything else that may be needed?"

wagon 35G, barrel 2G, sacks x100 1G, 50' Hemp ropex2 2G,
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

"A few things.." The elf wheezed, passing a short note of some items he had in mind to pick up.
Shopping wrote: 2 Alchemist's Fire [50]
2 Acid [25]
2 Antitoxen [50]
5 Caltrops [1]

255 GP base, bit less if Salazar can batar.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Salazar will lend aid to Kriv's Persuasion. He get's Advantage.]
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv

Kriv handled the group's shopping in a good-natured fashion and with polite manners. He'd warm up the sellers and on occasion Salazar whispered something to the paladin and the dragonborn casually reassessed the value of what they were discussing.