On the road (D&D 5E IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

20% discount.

Salazar's purchases cost 32G
Exiles' cost 204G
Salazar will hitch his wagon up to his horse. He'll plan for them to take their time and pull in to the trees about a half mile away from the cove and carefully make their way to surveille the pirates.

Salazar will ask if the elven ranger would mind scouting when they get there. He'd join if the elf wants and would take off his medium armor for it.

He'd also ask if the ranger happens to spot any sign of snakes when they finally get out to the wild, to let him know.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

"The Yuyan always acted primarily in pairs," He whispered in reply, thinking back to those old days. It would be interesting to relive a part of it again. So long as Salazar could keep up, that is. He gave him a nod, letting him know he was free to follow if he so wished.

As they traveled, he made sure his recent purchases found their places on his person.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

As the party approaches the gate to meet up with the scribe and be on their way, the scribe instead finds them. The large wagon and heavily armored dragonborn making you all stand out pretty starkly. "Hail adventurers! I was hired by the mayor to help with the more paperwork oriented part of this endevour. Oh, and to deliver these!" He holds out a leather case. It contains multiple loops of leather that securely holds potion vials and currently has seven slightly milky white potions. A quick sniff of the contents, they have the tell-tale scent of honey, common for healing potions in this region. With the pouch, he also hands over a folded map that shows the local region, marking off where the pirates' cove is located.

"My name is Sebastian by the way. I'm not much of an outdoorsy type, so I'll just follow your lead. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help along the way, but otherwise I'll do my best to stay out of your way." The man is wirey, wearing a padded vest, at least some form of protection. He carries a leather pack with a few scroll cases attached to it with a dagger at his belt. He seems to at least have the basics for travelling for the two days the round trip will take, with perhaps a ltitle extra in case there is a delay of some sort.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 30/30
1st level spell slots used: 0/3

"Hail and well met Sebastian, thank you for your services!" Kriv slapped a massive scaly hand on the scribe's shoulder in greeting. "I am Kriv of Clan Myastan, Paladin of Bahamut. If trouble rears its ugly head, Bahamut's scales will be your shield." The paladin indicated his shield and grinned broadly. "Are we ready to head out?" Kriv turned to look questioningly at the others.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar will see to the potions's distribution - one to each with an extra carried by himself and Kriv. He makes sure the map is at least seen by all then gives it over to the hands of the elf and, with a wave, asks the ranger to lead the way.

"Sebastian, any more information on these pirates? their leader's name and description? Notable members?" he asks as they travel.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Baern
Baern nods, a thoughtful eye as he gazes over the young man.

"Don't need to worry about nothing Boots." he grumbles, low under his breath.

And sets forth to amble along, rumbling and rolling away.

Probably better to be saved by grace than to hear to what he might be singing along the way. No good could come of it, could it?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

As the group sets off from the gates, Sebastian explains. "We've some information, though not a lot you may find helpful unfortunately, but I will share what I know. The crew's captain is a woman that goes by the name Redmane, largely on account of her red hair. By all accounts, she is an accomplished sword fighter. It's rumored she has a number of skilled fighters in key positions of her crew, but she's by a long yard a superior fencer."

The scribe ponders. "They've been operating in these waters for a few years now, and while not the most fearsome of crews, they have been making a name for themselves in quick order since Redmane took over, so it is fair to wager they've grown in overall crew strength since then, or simply become more ruthless I suppose. Or perhaps simply more cunning, if this latest stunt with the distraction in the dock is anything to go by. The mayor is concerned about the ruthlessness though, thinking Redmane will retaliate to establish herself as pirate to be feared with no fear of crown retribution.

Sebastian holds up a hand vaguely. "Unfortunately, it is also difficult to ascertain just how large her crew is, how many she keeps stationed in their cove or on their ship, or even if they have a secondary base or ship elsewhere. Redmane is not an average stupid pirate. She's smart. It's unlikely the cove will be undefended and even on approaching, I believe we would be remiss in not being cautious of traps on the approach. If you will look at the map, there is an outcropping of land with some elevation we may be able to get a view into the cove, but it's fairly obvious and may be guarded as well. Still, if we can secure that, we can choose to strike while Redmane's ship is away and the cove's defenses will be at their probably weakest. And that's all I have.... of course I will leave any decisions for strategy to you and will stay out of the way of any fighting if at all possible."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"This outcropping sounds like a great first step." Salazar studies the map. "We should conceal our horses well away so they don't give us away and the elf and I can scout it out and return with more information to devise a stratagem."

He looks to the investigator monk. "Kaine you're welcome in on that too if you've a mind to join."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

He nods, seeking hugher groubd would be beneficial. "Let me investigate first... Scout out who's there."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Do you no longer wish me to come along for scouting?" Salazar asks. The question isn't defensive or hurt.

"And, as we travel, could look out out for signs of snakes? It may be unlikely, but you never know."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

Baern just laughs, a shrug passing through his massive shoulders. "As you say, as you say. Elves are better at the sneaking than dwarves when out in the open like this. You can pretend that you're a tree!"

And with that, he reaches into his bag and pulls out one of these new fangled minikegs, pops it open and takes a deep draught.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

The elf offers a shrug, not particularly caring one way or the other. "I'm always watching. Follow if wished."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar acknowledges the ranger's vigilance and matches with his own.
Perception: 1d20+3 21
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The road is relatively quite, the adventurers passing by a few travellers heading towards Seaside, but encountering little more than friendly greetings. As they near the point where they will need to move off-road to reach the cove, it's becomming clearer that if they want to take the cape overlooking the cove, which is further on, they will either need to make camp, or push through the night with poor visibility.

On the positive side, the Exile has been able to location some snake tracks he feels he could follow to their owner easily enough, but it would take extra time of course.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well, fellows," Salazar says, "I know we are close to the cove, but I still think taking the cape is the better course of action. I'd hate to arrive tired and unable to scout or plan effectively though. This would mean finding a campsite well away from either location but not so far we lose ground. It would also mean a quiet, watchful camp." He looks to the dwarf. "No drinking to stupor and no noise-filled revelry; No singing either." Salazar looks unhappy about this last as well. "If we make camp soon then maybe we can get to cape before the light of dawn is up. Darkness favors 3 of our number."

"Is that acceptable or does someone feel strongly about pressing on tonight?"

"Also, I'm looking to charm some snakes to have them docile in a sack. A sack of snakes is a handy tool to have in our arsenal." he says with a hint of mischief.