For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

Agreeing with Salazar's suggestions, he get's to work setting up an Alarm spell to cover the most vulnerable part of the area before turning about to set up more conventional traps {What roll might that be, survival?}. In addition to whatever he goes tries to construct, he lays out the caltrops he purchased and covers them with soft dirt to hide their gleam, making a mental note of where they were so he could scoop them up tomorrow. His whispy voice lets the group know to only come and go from the area he set up his spell, to avoid getting injured.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

And so the camp is as thoroughly disguised, alarmed, booby trapped and in general, prepared as best the party can and the watches being.

The watches begin with Exile as the elf goes about setting his additional traps, then keeping a steady watch. Things are quiet in the late evening, giving him plenty of time to set his mundane traps set, and by the end of his shift, things have remains quiet.

Kriv's watch begins as the night shifts deeper. He hears the typical sounds of wilderness and the nocturnal animals that are now out in force, foraging and hunting. Fortunately, none of the wilderness nightlife seems interested in a pack of larger travellers, but less the large, armored paladin.

As the night reaches towards it's deepest and darkest, Salazar takes over, building a fire and using his magic to hide it from any pirates or predators that might be attracted by it. However, his shift goes by peacefully until he wakes the scribe to take a shift.

Exile rouses from his meditation to find the camp still in one piece with the scribe looking ready to doze off. Relieving the scribe, Exile can check over his traps to find none of them have been disturbed and his final hour and a half goes by peacefully. He collects his traps before waking the rest of the party to pack up and head out.

The day is overcast as the sunlights the sky from behind the clouds, threatening to rain, but thus far, it is only threats as the aprty makes their way to the cape, fortuantely not encountering any pirate patrols.
Go ahead and let me know any preparations you want to make for approaching the cape.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

my plan was to set out at 4 am, hopefully getting there by 5:45-6, not sure when sun-up is, but I was hoping to get there in the dark. We will pull off the road and wait about a thousand feet from the camp while Exile goes and sees who/what is there and report back to us. Exile should also check if there are any other ways up besides just one path.
"Something pithy this way comes."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 30/30
1st level spell slots used: 0/3

"As much as the rain might cover our approach of the cape and dampen the enthusiasm of their guards, I'd hate to trudge through it..." Kriv grumbled as they packed up their camp. "Still, I'd offer you all Bahamut's Blessing just before we attack the enemy."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

The wood elf breathed deep, filling himself with the scent of nature. Somehow sleeping out in the wildereness always left him feeling far more refreshed then even the comfiest of civilized bedding. He wondered on occasion if that was either an instinctual feeling his race felt naturally, or more personal in origin. Helivel as a nation has become just as modernized as this human country was itself, with perhaps a much stronger stronger agrarian focus really.

"Do you wish me to scout ahead?" He asked while the others worked off the morning fog.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"While traveling, yes. We'll pull off about 1000 feet from the cape into the woods, unless you think we can get closer, and then have you scout the encampment. Please note positions and numbers and look for alternate ways up so he more lumbering of us can approach. I'll be doing the ritual to summon an unseen servant while you're scouting. When we know more on the disposition of the pirates we can better formulate a plan." Salazar says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Baern

Baern yawns again, scratching his hairless chin. One bad thing about not having a beard- no flavor saver for later.

"Bored now. If yer gonna starve me from the three Bs, I'm gonna have to start lookin for them meself."

He reaches into his bag, starting to pull out one of those fancy sealed steins. "Eh, tastes like dish water but it gets the job done."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

He nods his head abd starts off ahead of the group, spending a little bit of time to keep an eye out for signs of the enemy.

Stealth: 18
Perception: 18 Above average on both isn't bad.
------------