[OOC] MnM 3e - The First Generation, one-shot

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - The First Generation, one-shot

Post by Sakuro »

Maryanne *Big nudge.* Has Leadership and can use HP on her turn to counter Fatigue for her allies. Otherwise you need to counter Fatigue on your turn.

As for downgrading from Exhausted, yes, you are able to reduce it to Fatigued with a HP. Spending another HP will remove Fatigued. You may also use more than one HP for re-rolling in a round, as long as you aren't re-rolling a re-roll. There is no limit to the number of HP you may use in a round.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here is the reroll for the failed fort save: 1d20+6: 8 [1d20=2] Adding 10 will turn that into an 18, which is a success.

Per the rules:

RECOVER
You can spend a hero point to recover faster. A hero point
allows you to immediately remove a dazed, fatigued, or
stunned condition, without taking an action. Among oth-
er things, this option allows you to use extra effort (pre-
viously) without suffering any fatigue. Spending a hero
point to recover also lets you convert an exhausted condi-
tion into a fatigued condition.

Ultimately it is your call so if you disallow the use of an HP to change exhausted into fatigued, that's fine. Jamie can remain exhausted.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm good with using the HP to downgrade from Exhausted to Fatigued.

… please don't post roll in the OOC thread. Keep them in the IC thread.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Just noticed your remark about Great Endurance. It would not apply in this case. Great Endurance would help with physical exertion Descriptors. Trying to stay up longer than normal. Running non-stop, and pushing yourself past that kind of fatigue. This is a chemical Descriptor.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Okay, thanks for the clarification on Great Endurance. I didn't think it applied but figured it didn't hurt to ask.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

In case you forgot, it is Jamie's turn right now. I'll give you until Sunday evening, PST, to get a post in for Jamie's actions. Include your rolls in your post, and try to keep them together so I don't have to go looking around. I won't be referencing OOC posts for dice rolls.

After that I'll wrap up the round. For now, at least until MelonLord chimes in letting me know they want Maryanne to do something, we will be skipping her turn.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Feeling a bit under the weather and got caught up with work, so will get Mel's post up tomorrow at my usual time.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Feel better MrDent.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

She ended up leaving before the morning after all. Now hopefully the others can get down as well and there isn't a horse of drones waiting to blast Mel with darts.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

CaptainChaos, you have 1 HP left. Do you want to re-roll that last Fortitude check?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jamie's last two saves failed, one reroll won' do it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for pointing that out. For some reason I saw a seventeen at the end there, and missed CaptainChaos' statement about the two failures at the end.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

This went differently than I expected. While the PCs were never meant to defeat this threat, everyone escaping was very possible. If you worked together. Maryanne had a light to counter the darkness and Leadership to counter the Fatigue of allies without exposing herself to the gas in the living room. Mel and Jamie are both Minion sweepers that don't rely on traditional weapons and you were mostly faced with Minions. I was not prepared for half of the PCs to turtle up and not get involved with the encounter at all (I should have nudged you to get in on the action, but I don't like telling people how to play their characters). Russel and Jamie were able to be focused down way harder than I intended anyone to be in part because there were no extra bodies to take the hits.

If I were to do this again, one thing I'd do is set everyone up in the same room so that temptation would be removed. The idea was to create a situation where you had to run/mount a fighting retreat. You couldn't afford to stand and fight. In the end, I fear this became a more frustrating experience than I intended for it to be.

Anika won't leave Jamie behind. MelonLord is busy and I am inclined to KO Maryanne or take her out of the action rather than NPC a player's character. Right now Mel is the only one who would escape.

We have a decision to make. I was prepared for a potential party wide KO, and have a scenario planned for that event. We can continue, with the PCs captured (Mel being taken down before she can actually depart the scene). Or we can stop the story here.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I wouldn't mind continuing. It would be a waste to play a character for such a short amount of time.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am good continuing. If not for the gas, total darkness, fatigue by virtue of being awoke, and the group starting out split I would have been more inclined to have Mel jump into a fight. Even if she could see better I might have had her jump into the other room. As it stood though, I didn't see any plausible route for Mel to save anyone in the living room. Maryannes flashlight illuminating the room would have changed that arithmetic, but with Melonlord getting busy I didn't think that was a viable option.

Another option I was considering was having Mel hide under the bed and jump out to start taking out the attackers, but that seemed like a suicide mission the more I thought about it.

Escape was making the most sense and following the attackers as they left if possible to free the others. I am cool with Mel getting caught though.