Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

Post by Flynnarrel »

She sets the goats down, grunting under it's weight and takes it's lead instead. She also grabs the chicken from the man's unresisting form. She brings both back toward the idiot shepherd that started this all in the first place. She still keeps a demure pose, her head/body coverings securely in place.

"Yours I believe." she says, affecting the thick accent of her 'aunties' from the Merchant Hauler Ship and offering both lead and cage. She nods to both the Shepherd and the man of military bearing next to him.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tracy Iskellian
HP: 1

She rolled her eyes, "Well gee boss, if You wanna make sure I don't blow a fuse somewhere, you should probably let me know why we're needing twice the amount of power in car twelve then the rest of the damn train. Can't keep this hunk of junk running if I don't know what's going on with it. So unless you want to risk some catastrophic power outage somewhere, you better get talking real quick."

Which is mostly true, she needed to know what was going on in case of an energy or an overload somewhere down the line. Gotta know what's considered essential if she had to drop the power levels for a particular section of the ship if something happened. Sure, she could probably find a workaround without knowing, but it would be damn convenient and sate her curiosity and worry.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Shepherd Atreju
As the potato hits his intended target, Atreju says to himself in an almost giddy fashion, 'Ha, still got it ol' boy!'

Still outwardly aware that he needed to keep the pose of a proper shepherd. 'Wow, I haven't seen this much excitement in years.'

Walking up to the mysterious women in the burqa, now awkwardly holding out his farm animals, trying to make eye-contact (but that doesn't seem to be working), "Thank you kindly, good ma'am. Our 'Verse's Maker is surely smiling upon you for your good deed this day."
ZenGypsy wrote:Takashi Rayne

[...] He nodded towards the Shepard, "Folk's that would risk ill favor by stealing from the Abbey must be folk's that are truly desperate, and in need of forgiveness though?"
Nodding back and considering his words, 'Am I acting like my old self... or my new self?' Turning away from the mysterious women still awkwardly holding out his animals, he turns to the thief, now just coming up from that quick daze. Kneeling down, he says, "Sir, if we ever need help, let us never be afraid to ask, our Maker has His folk's all over this vast expanse to supply for us. You never know what you may receive if you just ask." Smiling, then pulling out a healthy scoop of veggies for the man and handing them to him. "Now go in peace."

Finally taking back his animals, turning to the man who just spoke to him, "You are right, but there is a settlement that I am heading to that needs more than just a meal. Our Abby got word that their last female goat is near death and not producing milk for her new little ones. This goat, St. Jubil, we call her, is to be that replacement, and I gave my word to take her there. As far as forgiveness,... well, I can't give that, he'll have to take that up with the Maker. " Smirking. Hopefully my gift will help point him to do such.
ZenGypsy wrote:Takashi Rayne
He paused, turned, his arm indicating the gate to the passenger car, "Come Shepard, perhaps you saved the man's family by offering [that food], and your grace in it's loss is his blessing. I'll buy us dinner and we can talk about the journey ahead. This train's heading to a place where more than a few folks will be looking to a Shepard for guidance."
"You are wise, indeed, good Sir." Thankful for a potential friend in this crazy 'Verse, but remembering the lesson he learned not to trust just anyone,... but still feeling quite overwhelmed with the noise, and lines, and all these people that he has been away from for so long... plus the fact that he could save on the dinner bill(!), bows to the man, "I humbly accept."

Looks back at his goat, then back at the women in the burqa, "Ha, I think lil' St. Jubil likes ya!" Expecting a reply, but pretty sure all he heard was a sigh, "And may I ask, what are all y'all names?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Nadia." Nadia replies tersely. She draws her hajib closer to cover her facial lines - the spiderweb pattern of red lines leftover from the accident that took her biological hearing. She doesn't lift her head or eyes. At mention of the goat she pats his/her head with a stiff hand, unused to dealing with animals.

She debated leaving the duo right then - the shepherd seems as if he had no compunction drawing attention to himself. His loud ways and flamboyancy was antithetical to the low profile that Nadia wanted to keep. But then again, it might be easier to hide in the shadow of a brightly burning beacon of buffoonery. "Your name?" she asked in a halting common tongue. Let them assume her laconic behavior was due to a lack of mastery of the language.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne
Hero Points: One. Luck: Two.
Conditions: None.

He looked at the woman in the hajib and burqa, broken english, this far out in the Rim it wasn't unusual to be brought up with an almost pidgin mastery of the language. He looked to the Shepard and back again, "Rayne. Takashi Rayne." He paused, "This train passes through Fēngshōu, and I have business there." He held the door to the passenger car open for his companions, "Preacher here is taking St. Jubil on a mission of mercy, how about you Nadia?" That was it, a woman who wore a hajib and burqa was typically a member of a devout faith, and accompanied by either a husband, or a member of their family, "Most folks on this platform are running from something, or marching towards a vast unknown."

He eyed the woman with a calm, but intense gaze.
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Shepherd Atreju

Standing up a little straighter and seeking to sound a little more "pastorly", as opposed to the yells he just blurted out. "Terribly sorry, I introduced my goat but not myself. I am Atreju. Newly ordained by the Order of the Shepherds, an ancient monassssst..." Stopping cold as he realized he was about to start a history lesson. "Shepherd Atreju, here to humbly serve you and the people of Fēngshōu. Let me thank you both again and apologize for my behavior, it has been a little too long since I've been outside of abbey walls. But I am sure it is just like riding a bike." 'Um,... riding a bike? All those sermons you hear daily, all the masterful ancient literature you study and THAT is the best illustration you can think of? Comon' Atreju!'

Nods towards Rayne, "It will indeed be nice to be back surrounded by some walls, with a lot less folk around. I humbly accept."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Ah, Passing Through." Nadia says, not lifting her head to meet their eyes. "Pleased to meet you both." she says with a nod of her head.

"I should get ticket." she indicates the nearby line which may still be in some disarray from the Shepherd's lucky throw. She capitalizes on that confusion to cut to the front of the line, catching the ticket seller's notice and securing passage before anyone can object.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan Crompton, Esq

Considering what he could remember, there were a few possibilities that they would need to look into. As communicable diseases did happen, it might be something simple and there might be an innocent explanation or at least one that might be connected to stupidity or greed.
He wondered if any sampling of the local area had taken place to ensure that wasn’t the cause of this illness. The process continued after the planet or moon became inhabitable and still might throw up the odd surprise to the inhabitants. The terraforming process had failed on at least one planet that he could remember and the bombing on Shadow had turned it into a black rock when the ecosystem had been overwhelmed. If this was a sign that the terraforming was beginning to fail, then that was potentially well beyond an outbreak and into the realms of disaster. Lets hope it doesn’t go that far.

Of course, with their history, he mused on the possibility of the Alliance causing this. Maybe something they had been working on or just transporting something that got away from them.

He heard some kerfuffle elsewhere on the platform and looked. Ah, it seemed somebody had to help that Shepherd out. Good, but perhaps somebody might be hurt. He made his way down the platform.

“Excuse me, is anybody hurt?”
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Tracy Iskellian

Boss sticks his big bushy head back out of his office, "Tracy. I don't know. The big serious military types didn't want to tell me. I didn't want to ask. We mutually agreed that it was safer that way. Safer for me. Probably safer for you too. If you want to ask them why they don't want to tell us anything, be my guest. But first, make sure that this train has someone to keep moving in case they decide to keep you. Got it?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tracy Iskellian
HP: 1

She scowled, "Damn, seriously? They're throwing their weight around even all the way out here?" She shook her head in frustration. Going to show her face around big wigs like that wasn't going to help, if they weren't going to talk to Jack then they certainly weren't going to talk to her. "Fine, fine, I'll get back to the rooms. If the power blows and I can't regulate it properly though, tell them it's their own damn fault."

She took off back to the train, stopping near the junior enrgineer still nursing his head. "You're not getting paid for standing around, replace that pipe! Some idiot left a dent in it." Her frustration partially vented, she continues on back to the boiler room. The train was leaving soon.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Further down the station comes either a welcome, or very unwelcome, sight- a squad of serious looking troops are leading a very stout man and a much younger woman aboard. Crompton will take notice that this is Dr Henri Gateu and his assistant Miss (Alma) Barlow.

This might make things safer in light that you're not supposed to bring weapons on board unless you're expressly authorized.

Surely this means that the ship should be boarding soon. Maybe not enough time to get a meal but enough to arrange for a meal upon departure?

What kinds of tickets did you get anyways? Not a huge difference in quality, but maybe you're not going to be packed in like sardines?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack shakes his head, "I don't think that they're Alliance. They're not that organized or that pretty. If I was going to guess, which I won't, they're probably from somewhere in this system."

The junior looks at you with huge eyes, trying to find a place to fade into the wall.. and eye and yet you still notice him. Oh crud. "But.. " a tight gulp, "Yes sir!"
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Corrigon wrote:Jonathan Crompton, Esq

He heard some kerfuffle elsewhere on the platform and looked. Ah, it seemed somebody had to help that Shepherd out. Good, but perhaps somebody might be hurt. He made his way down the platform.

“Excuse me, is anybody hurt?”
Shepherd Atreju

"Oh, a doctor. Why yes, this man here seems a little dazed and may have a bump on his head." Looking around and realizing everyone knew he was to blame, standing up a little straighter and speaking in his more "pastor" tone, "He was taking the Lord's goods... I merely kept him from that sin of stealing." Raising his eyebrows as if this was obvious to everyone. "Either way, the gift we gave him should be a blessing to him and I pray it sets him on the straight 'n narrow, and I am sure he would appreciate any further assistance you can provide. Oh, and you are?"
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne
Hero Points: One. Luck: Two.
Conditions: None.

Jonathan Crompton, Esq wrote:“Excuse me, is anybody hurt?”
Takashi's back was to the Doctor as Jonathan Crompton approached the trio, he began to turn as he spoke. "We are unharmed, thank you for your ...," he paused as he recognized Crompton's face, "... doctor?" Another pause, as he scrutinized the newcomers face,"4077th, Mobile Surgical Hospital, Serenity Valley?" He all but whispered.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nadia returns after securing a ticket. She watches the troops out of the corner of her eye trying to determine if they are an Alliance police squad or not. Just in case any look in her direction she leans down to pet the guhn tah duh goat.