Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tracy Iskellian
HP: 1

She jerks her hand back, and is ready to flat out hit him with something hard before she makes sense 3 of his words. She starts speaking with with a frown,"What, how would you- and you expect ms to just take your word?" And ends with a scowl. But the seriouness in the man's face makes her falter, and she knew he would have little reason to lie about this. Tracy found herself having to respond to his authority.

A hand went to her ear again,"I just got word from an officer," technically true. "We've got some company heading our way. Get into defensive positions, and someone try to hail the nearest station about this."After she removes her hand the woman continues adressing Takashi. "Not a damn clue. Boss couldn't tell me shit about this, because they didn't tell him anything either. Could be a warhead in there for all I know. But that car is sucking up a lotta juice."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan

He was not sure what to do in this situation, so he held onto a post.

ooc
Presuming all our weapons are in storage
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The point of view switches to being upon the wall, overlooking the two guards from behind.

Miss Alma approaches them, trying to stay respectful and forceful, that very quiet, very firm tone of voice, "You have to go to Doctor Gateu. He went to the bathroom. You have to pro..."

When the roar of a dunebuggies crest over the hill, the raiders coming into view of the cab. A line of shots rings out.. many thumping against the outside wall, but a few making their way into the cabin, a cloud of smoke billowing as something is thrown in.. the crowd screaming, trying to get away from the raiders... one of the guard's heads slam back against the wall.. a cloud of red mist coming from where his face once was. His rifle clattering to the ground at his feet.

and lets roll inits.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nadia was partway through the cabin when the bandits seemed to magically appear having breached the doors already. She ducked in between seats to retreive her weapon(s).
"Something pithy this way comes."
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne
Hero Points: One. Luck: Two.
Conditions: None.

The Raiders had already breached the passenger car, they were more well organized than Takashi had been expecting. He hissed to his travelling companions, "Everybody! Stay calm."
OOC: Initiative Check vs Wyrmwall Raiders: 1D20+5 = [14]+5=19. Question, which exit did the good doctor use while exiting the car? The one closest us, or the raiders? I am assuming the Alliance guards were stationed at the far end of the car, which means the restricted access car is in that direction? Which direction is the engine in, and the direction of our travel? Sorry just want to establish the scene in my head. Heh!
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Shepherd Atreju
ZenGypsy wrote:Takashi Rayne:"An unscheduled stop Shepherd."
"Hm, curious that doc would leave right before this 'unscheduled stop'." he said with a side grin. :-/
ZenGypsy wrote:Takashi Rayne: "Hopefully your faith will give you the strength to protect your flock, for it will surely need it."
At his words the Shepherd instinctively, but slowly, reached for his blaster by his side... then started patting himself as if he'd find it elsewhere on his body. Muttering to himself with a slight laugh, "Ha, you haven't carried one of those in well over five years."
Corrigon wrote:Jonathan: He was not sure what to do in this situation, so he held onto a post.
Spectrum wrote:one of the guard's heads slam back against the wall.. a cloud of red mist coming from where his face once was. His rifle clattering to the ground at his feet.
OOC: I suppose I attempt to do the following even using a hero point if need be:
Saying to himself, "Yes, protect the sheep, shoot the wolves!" The Shepherd dives to the standard issue guard rifle that just hit the ground, yelling Dr. Jonathan Esquire over the chaos, "Doc! Get off that pole, gird up your loins, and make yourself useful. Take this!" Sliding the weapon across the floor to where he last remembers seeing the doc.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan

He ducked down to use a seat as cover. He needed a weapon if he was to help and reached into his pack to retrieve a scalpel.
ooc
initiative: 1d20+2 7
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Inits:
22- Nadia
21- Alliance guards
19- Takashi Rayne, Miss Barlow
16- Raiders
11- Tracy Iskellian, Atreju
7- Jonathan
Slowing this down to resolve some of the already called actions. Nadia, you're up!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nadia glanced back to the end of the car where the guards, well, guard (now) were standing next to the priest, the doctor, the other doctor's companion. Between her and them were the engineer and the military officer. Nadia didn't really have time for their foolishness. She concealed a single pistol in her left hand (Move action) and continued toward the break between cars (another Move). If she can get to the opening she'll look out to see how close the approaching bandit-ATVs are and if the door to the other car is open or closed.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

As Nadia opens the door between the two cars, the hot and gritty wind whistles with the slowing velocity of the train. Out of the corner of her eye, she meets the eyes of the driver of one of the ATVs. The face is mostly wrapped and helmeted from the dusty conditions.

Far more concern worthy, are the two heavily armed and equally wrapped up bandits preparing to board at that intersection.

The door into the next car is still closed.

The Alliance guard screams, "Everybody down! Everybody down!" in an effort to protect the civilians but it seems that the words didn't need to be said as our heroes are the only ones currently standing.
Takashi, you're up!
Tracy and Atreju- you're next on deck after Takashi is resolved.
Last edited by Spectrum on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Free Action - Drop prone.
"No hurt! No hurt!" she says dropping down on her back to avoid incoming fire.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne
Hero Points: One. Luck: Two.
Conditions: None.

Takashi approached the Alliance soldiers, he looked at them, and identified the commanding officer. "Lieutenant, my name is Corporal Takashi Rayne, formerly of the Alliance Navy. You are in a poor tactical situation, you have multiple hostiles coming in from both directions, they have blocked your advance. You have orders to protect the cargo, but you have an obligation to protect the passengers as well."

He opened his coat, revealing his sidearm. "Let me help you Lieutenant, I have as much an obligation to these folks as you."
OOC: Persuade check vs Alliance Lieutenant: 1D20+11 =[20]+11=31. Well $h!t! A 20, nice! Hopefully that means that I can open fire next round without the Alliance attacking me ...