Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Firefly: Blood, Sweat and Tears

Post by Spectrum »

The man slowly opens his eyes, looking at how he's surrounded and screws his eyes up tight again. A slower look as he tries to not be noticed for being conscious. Nobody is going to kick him while he's down, right?

This is a most unfortunate turn of events.

The crowd begins to shift towards the doors of the train, planning on going on as a single mass rather than queueing properly.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nadia shuffles toward the passenger car, shouldering her simple back, saying bye to the goat. (Okay, maybe it's not SO bad.) She listens in on the radio frequencies, scanning through them for any chatter that might indicate Alliance activity.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan knelt down, taking his medical scanner out of his bag, which was hooked to his arm in case anybody had any designs on his gear.

“Dr Jonathan Crompton at your service,” he replied, without looking up, checking the unconscious man over for a moment, before putting away his scanner and standing up, brushing his hands.

“He’ll live, though with a pounding headache I suspect from a concussion. More fool him for trying to rob a shepherd.”

As people were congregating for the train, he checked his tickets. Typical, he thought, the Alliance wants your help, but are only willing to stick you in with the rest of rabble. He heard a voice that he recognised from somewhere and turned to look. He looked at the man in front of him, taking a second to remember where he recognised him from.

“You!” Jonathan nearly shouted in disbelief before shaking his head, “that’s just wonderful. Maybe I should just find another train.” He did not look happy to see Takashi Reyne.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne
Hero Points: One. Luck: Two.
Conditions: None.

Takashi nodded his head ruefully, "Perhaps. A man must act in accordance with his nature." He paused and considered his current situation, "Thankfully you and I did so those years ago, and a great many lives were saved. Despite the personal cost to a man's reputation and standing." He looked to the Shepard, and back to Dr. Compton, "And here we are again, both in a situation to offer assistance to those in need, though this time to families ravaged by sickness and disease, rather than the vagaries of war and governance."

He walked towards the train, placing a foot on the bottom most step leading to the steerage car, "The Shepard means to tend to the afflictions of spirit, I can only hope to place what meager supplies I managed to scrounge from Persephone into the hands of a skilled, and trustworthy doctor," he shrugged as he boarded the crowded car. "I truly hope I meet one who can put aside his personal feelings to help them that need it."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

St. Jubil

St. Jubil lets out a whiney little brraaahahh and tries to shuffle after her new found friend, Nadia, clip clop clop clop. She's a rather healthy little thing as she tugs against her leash.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The unlucky thief

The thief looks up, watching the group more openly, "You know, thank you, like thank you so much Shepard. My errr.. family will be thankful for the present. We'll be able to eat for another day." oh aged root vegetables... "Maybe if we add some rocks to it, it'll be a full meal."

He'll never be a handsome man with the way his eyes bulge from his otherwise sunken sallow face. Not that great of a thief either. Someone unworthy of further notice?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Tracy- you find yourself quickly into the complicated yet repetitive job of getting the train underway, tossing commands here and there for people that are just too stupid or slow to live. Actually, they aren't too bad. For the most part, they know what they're doing, and they cover each other's weaknesses, making sure that the job gets done, even if they aren't as good as you are, or even for what you'd hope for.

The train boards with an rush, everyone trying to get the best spots across the train and not being terribly particular who they crush on the way to get there.

You, as a group, get pushed further and further back in the train, until you hit a car that is blocked at one end by four Alliance soldiers, guarding the door at the other end. Thankfully, for several of you, the guards don't appear to be focused so much on the passengers as they are in making sure that nobody passes the door. Already inside when you get there, is a mountain of a man sitting next to the window, a mousy woman sitting next to him. From the soft conversation, a father and daughter? A wealthy man and his *ahem* personal assistant?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Assuming the radio bands are silent [since nothing was said of them from the GM], Nadia works the subtle jaw muscles that 'fine tune' the parabolic nature of her bionic ear and she listens in on different conversations, starting with the big man and the young woman, but progressing on from there. Still keeping monitoring radio signals in the background.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Tracy Iskellian
HP: 1

It was easy to fall into the routine, it's something she had to do time and time again accross the 'Verse. Teacy picked up the slack for when certain members of the crew just weren't moving fast enough or knew what they were doing, but eveything was still routine. Asside from the power output from the engines, things were as normal as they ever could be just prior to departure. As the minutes counted down, she started sending people off to either other parts of the train or to the rest area in wait of the next shift. Like usual, she refused to take a rest herself.

"All clear, systems are primed and ready. Get this thing moving Sheng." She said into her commlink, letting the guy up front know their status.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan looked at Takeshi, an odd look in his eyes.

"I will do my utmost to help these people, but any attempt to arrest me will not end well."
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne

As the train lurched into motion, Takashi was forced to take a step forward, his hand shot out grabbing the bench of the seat beside him. He looked down at the demure woman, and nodded, "Sorry ma'am." He removed his hand from the seat back, and widened his stance to accommodate for the rolling motion of the passenger car.

He returned his attention to the Doctor, "Your offer of aid is sincere." The first portion of his response wasn't a question, "But what makes you think I have either the inclination, or authority, to have you arrested?"
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

The older man looks up with a hearty chuckle, "Doctor Crompton, is that you? Why yes, it must be." He stands up, his assistance scurrying to get out of his way. The mountain of a man starts to walk over, his hand stretched out in greetings. "We looked for you in the station but there wasn't any sign that you had arrived. I'm glad that you can make it after all."

The guards look nervously as the larger man approaches, their hands getting itchy for their weapons.

"Sir? Sir! You really should sit down, we're about to leave."

Nadia will pick up on chatter across the car. Most of it is normal operational work, a deep sounding woman's voice shouting out commands to get things underway. The normal radio communications that are around any decent sized settlement. Underlying all of that though is something else, while you can make out that there is a signal, layers of encryption make it impossible to decipher. Well, impossible for normal human beings.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Jonathan Crompton
ZenGypsy wrote:Takashi Rayne

He returned his attention to the Doctor, "Your offer of aid is sincere." The first portion of his response wasn't a question, "But what makes you think I have either the inclination, or authority, to have you arrested?"

Jonathan looked at Takashi like he had grown an extra head

"Because you are an Alliance colonel who has a history of attacking hospitals and arresting the staff, so forgive me for being for having an issue about it."
ooc
The good doctor doesn't know about your fall from grace, so he's assuming you are exactly who you were last time
Spectrum wrote:The older man looks up with a hearty chuckle, "Doctor Crompton, is that you? Why yes, it must be." He stands up, his assistants scurrying to get out of his way. The mountain of a man starts to walk over, his hand stretched out in greetings. "We looked for you in the station but there wasn't any sign that you had arrived. I'm glad that you can make it after all."

The guards look nervously as the larger man approaches, their hands getting itchy for their weapons.

"Sir? Sir! You really should sit down, we're about to leave."
Jonathan shook his hand firmly, smiling warmly.

"It is. Thank you for inviting me to assist you Sir, I've been an admirer of yours for a while and I hope we can do good work here to save these people."
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Takashi Rayne

Dr. Crompton wrote:"Because you are an Alliance colonel who has a history of attacking hospitals and arresting the staff, so forgive me for being for having an issue about it."
Takashi considered the doctor's response carefully, his eyes never flinching from his words. "Were it just me and my integrity, I would let your comments stand." As he continued he thought of his men, how he, himself, had been spared much of the repercussions of his actions due to his family name. His men had done right by this Doctor, and he would not allow him to so callously summarize their actions, especially when so many still suffered for the orders he gave that day. "However, a man should know that a great many Alliance soldiers had their careers cut short, court martial, prison sentences and worse, so that a Doctor, his staff and his patients could make it out of Serenity Valley. War doesn't normally allow one to disobey orders, nor did my men or I do so lightly, however a man must do as he feels needs be done."
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Shepherd Atreju

Rummaging through his bag of veggies for the least fresh veggies, pulls out a stock of celery.

Seeking to cut some of the obvious tension between Dr. Crompton and Takashi, the shepherd buts in, "A great Shepherd of old once said, 'It is neither right nor safe to go against conscience.' We all follow laws, orders, or rules of some sort, but there are always higher laws,orders, and rules, and doing good to our fellow man is always part of that higher good." Pointing the celery back and forth at Dr. Crompton and Takashi with a smile, "I believe it is a smiling providence that has brought you two together again. Let us do all we can to ensure we all can walk in integrity, cause whatever we do, that will be walking with us for the rest of our lives."

Seeking to change the subject, Looks over at Nadia seeing she was concentrating on something. Handing the stock of celery to Nadia who had the goat on a leash. "Here take this. This should keep your biggest fan, St. Jubel, from getting too loud and bothering anyone for the remainder of our ride."

Looks back at Dr. Crompton and Takashi laughing. "Smiling providence or maybe just this happy goat!"

His P.I. background starts kicking in and he can't help but wonder as he says quietly, to himself but out loud, "Hmm... wonder what the Alliance is doing out this far."

Upon overhearing Dr. Crompton and his "mountain of a man" cohort, buts in yet again, "Ah, lovely to find others looking to help those in need." Looking back at the Alliance soldiers then back at the two, speaking in a much softer voice, "Y'all on a medic mission with the Alliance or what?"