The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

"Some people desire power, some prefer comfort, some art, some simplicity, some family, some pleasure, some fame, and others fortune," Adeleth says. "Money is how you compare people's fortunes. Now, most people, of course, desire some combination of those things I listed. But generally one of them is more important by some small or large degree to an individual. And some of those things overlap. Fortune can buy power. Fame is a form of power. And so forth."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly nods at Torque's words. "It took me a long time to understand that. On Apokalips the weak scavenge what they can. The strong simply take. The stronger they are the more they take, because the likes of Darkseid's Elite can take with impunity. There is some barter among those who are equally strong - or equally weak - but strength wins over all. That is why and how grim Darkseid rules. He is strongest in all things."

"There is no point in saving for tomorrow on Apokalips. Anything you value will be taken or destroyed. Tomorrow will be the same as today, or worse. Death can come at any time." She shakes her head and looks down. "I am not sorry to be elsewhere. But wish something could be done to help the other Lowlies."

[OOC: Yes, Torque is not at all wrong in his assessment of conditions back on Apokalips even if, as you say, Lilly does not quite see it that way!]

She perks up at Adeleth's words. "Ah! Money is power, and a way of measuring power! Of course! That is why people pursue it so much! Thank you Adeleth!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
She perks up at Adeleth's words. "Ah! Money is power, and a way of measuring power! Of course! That is why people pursue it so much! Thank you Adeleth!"
"It's a fleeting power though, same with fame and notoriety." she warned the young godling. "Easy to accumulate, easier still to loose and like with any power, it can overwhelm and corrupt even those with the best of intentions." she smiled a little. "The Darkside has many minions and can assume many guises and all of them are alluring and deceitful and it is attracted to those with power."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Apokalips makes me doubt that is always the case," replies Lilly sadly. "But hopefully with vigilance it can avoided on this world."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen clears his throat. " Night vision goggles and basic spelunking gear will be provided for anyone who needs it. The same goes for talismans against disease. They won't make you immune but should assist your immune system."
" Let's be honest: this is a PR stunt. The people you are looking to rescue have reach and influence. They actually give a sizable portion of what they make off their channel and from the sale of artifacts to charitable organizations. So we can gather some goodwill here. As for other...entities that might be considered friendlies..." He looks at Emil, " I am not trying to create a German BPRD, but any non-evil ally is better than an enemy."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Good." she said satisfied. "Well, we got our goal, mission and goodies, we should get ready and head out." she said.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Torque carefully unplugs himself and retracts his interface cable. He transforms into a Harley Davidson and the air next to him shimmers for a moment.

"Well that's a shame.". A likeness of Hellboy says, "I'h sure having me as the face of your little party would do wonders for recruitement."

The image flickers out and Torque remains as is for the moment, waiting for the others so they can get a move on.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It probably would! Hellboy is a force of good after all. A popular one at that!" she laughed.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Popular in Germany?" Adeleth asks.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly jumps nimbly down from the chair she has been crouching on and moves towards the door. "Which way?" she asks. "Is this mission sufficiently urgent that we should go immediately, or should we wait while I become more ... presentable?" she continues, with a slightly hopeful emphasis on the first part of her question.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"A little of both.". Torque laughs from within the frame of the motorcycle, "Urgent enough as its search and rescue, but considering we're going underground and possibly into sewers, I'd say the urgency of getting you clean is not as high as say, at a press conference."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"A new set of clothes might be a good idea," Adeleth says. "If press find us immediately as we exit, he current clothes, regardless of the amount of dirt and grime encountered underground will still give the impression she started out in rags. And a new set of clothes should be quick, although, I suspect we might have to explain underclothes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Very well," nods Lilly to Torque with more than a hint of relief at having dodged the bullet of cleanliness for the time being.

"Your words also make sense." She nods again, this time to Adeleth. "And you are right, someone will have to explain the hygiene and clothing customs of your world to me if I am to ... abide by them ... more than I currently do."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen chimes in, " I've already made some calls when Andrea told me about the state of your clothing. Given where you are headed, you do not need to clean up but I, too, would recommend fresh clothes. They'll be here in a few minutes along with your talismans. As for the tempo...I think you should hurry. Best case, they just got stuck somewhere. Worst case, they found something that hurt or ate them and maybe is now poised to strike at the city from beneath. And given that this is the Merged Universe...we know which case is more likely."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Well, I doubt something was waiting specifically to eat them before striking the city," Adeleth says. "But yeah, these days, who knows?"