The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I prefer forests." she shook her head as she gave the sub-way a dubious look. "At least death is marginally cleaner there."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

On the assumption the Lilly has teleported everyone other than Torque to the Potsdamer Platz, and that someone can give her directions there from the Ministry, they proceeded across the city in 500 metre teleports. With each teleport, they shimmer away with a ripple in the air and a sound like a choir singing in close harmony permeating their entire self. As the singing fades away they shimmer back into place at their destination. Overall this lets Lilly get them there at about 250kph.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

As noted, Torque takes the solo time as an opportunity to scope out/ case the area...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Looking for anything in particular? Because if he is looking for anything out of the ordinary...well, this IS the Merged World...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

After they appear on a rooftop overlooking the Potsdamer Platz, Lilly looks down on the people bustling about below. "So, where did Hagen say they entered the underground levels?" she asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Through the subway I think." she said. "Did I mention, I hate underground places?" she asked cheerfully. "I charge double for them. Tombs and jungles are triple."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:44 pm //Looking for anything in particular? Because if he is looking for anything out of the ordinary...well, this IS the Merged World...
// Actually, more the mundane. Taking stock of entrances, egresses, where normal(ish) people tend to go, tend to avoid... that sort of thing. It's probably the type of roll you'll bank for later so that Torque can say something like... "I think there's an exit this way" and have a reasonable chance of being right... :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen did give you a curt but unambiguous description. You are to head down into the underground station and then go through one of the maintenance doors - he has provided you with a key for it.
For a normal day in the Merged World, there is little in the way of the extrordinary. You see an orcish family pushing a large stroller with three babbling infants and directly after the entrance, three men, two of Middle Eastern appearance, the third white, are huddled together. They all look like they're going to burst out of their jackets and shirts any time now, either a sign of too much body building, superpowers or drugs,
There is also a policeman posted at every entrance and exit.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

Torque will stop as if to park, his rider pulling out a cellphone and "making a call" once the engine is off. Said rider will get off the bike and stand next to it to make the call so as to not draw the ire or attention of police officers for being on his vehicle and using a cellular device. He will also wait until the others arrive before assuming his robot mode. Either the "rider" will signal a police officer - the one near the entrance that they are to use - and advise that the bike is about to transform...

The rider will flicker and vanish a few seconds before Torque transforms. He does his best to make it a soft transformation - taking a few extra seconds if needed - to insure that he doesn't punch the ground for stability or make other "threatening" gestures as he transforms...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:05 pm "Through the subway I think." she said. "Did I mention, I hate underground places?" she asked cheerfully. "I charge double for them. Tombs and jungles are triple."
"If it is no worse than the subway in Essen then it is a vast improvement on the underground levels of Apokalips," comments Lilly in an attempt to be reassuring.

She teleports them all down to a quiet spot near the station entrance hidden as much as possible from observers on the ground, from where they can meet up with Torque and walk into the station. Lilly is in full 'skulk' mode, using her Stealth [routine check of 25] and Hide In Plain Sight to duck and weave through the people there such that she is quite hard to spot.

When she notices the three over-muscled men huddling together near the entrance she cannot help but be curious, and loiters stealthily in the area for a moment, using her enhanced hearing in an attempt to overhear what they are saying from a discrete distance [routine check of Perception +25; Extended Hearing gives -1 to hearing Perception per 100 feet].
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The cop looks at Torque, raising his eyebrows as the transformation takes place, but he remains calm and watches, nodding when the Transformer has finished changing.

The men are apparently discussing meeting somewhere.
"...so, 10 pm, then?"
" Unless you can make it earlier. I'll be there around 9."
" Will...will your sister be there, too?"
" Oh....I swear to God, stop leering after her!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"If it is no worse than the subway in Essen then it is a vast improvement on the underground levels of Apokalips," comments Lilly in an attempt to be reassuring.
"I also loathe going off-world. Nothing ever good comes of it." she avowed. "You don't want to know what I charge for that!" she added in a disturbingly cheerful way.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

After having heard what the men were saying, and dismissing it as innocent chatter, Lilly skulked back to the others.

"This is off world for me," she told Amy. "And for me, a great deal of good has come from it!"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 pm After having heard what the men were saying, and dismissing it as innocent chatter, Lilly skulked back to the others.
"This is off world for me," she told Amy. "And for me, a great deal of good has come from it!"
Amy

"In your case, you do know that's not an endorsement?" she noted dryly. "I'm not saying I won't do it, I'll just charge an outrageous price for it!" she chuckled. "Plus expenses."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

Torque makes his way down to join the others... apparently unable to be as stealthy as Lilly...