The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

"Ignoring the problem seems... unwise... of your masters, " comments Lilly, shrinking down slightly and glancing around as if expecting some punishment for her criticism. 

"They should be afraid, and not stand idle. Dread Apokalips - where I come from - is what could happen here if those with power take control. The Tyrant. Darkseid. His Elite. And the rest - the Lowlies, those without power - ground under His merciless heel. Their lives worthless and meaningless." By the end her quiet voice has become filled with passion and pain, her golden eyes locked onto Hagen. "I am with Amy in this. What can be done to stop your world suffering such a fate? What do you want of us?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen scoffs as Lilly describes Apokolips. " Sounds like the election program for the AfD...but jokes aside. I need you folks to spread some goodwill. There are some individuals I'd like to have on board in the future. Some of these individuals are...problematic. Has anyone of you ever heard of Beowulf?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm thinking you aren't referring to the poem. Or maybe you are?" Adeleth says.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen shakes his head. " No. A self-styled monster hunter and vigilante. Powered, regenerating and trauma-resistant. And an all around unpleasant customer."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So you mean recruitment for him or containment?" Adeleth asks.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"That's gonna be an uphill battle. Torque says, "With respect, this part of the world is not known for a history of tolerance, as you have explained already. People are not going to trust based on our word.

"Our being foreigners might work to your advantage. But perhaps if we are seen to be working publicly before we start recruiting... some publicity is made indicating that we are authorized to act and that it is encouraged to train and use powers. Build a transparency to indicate that the point of registering is not to monitor but to support..."
"

He ponders for a moment...

"Beowulf... the mythological hero or someone using the name?"

He stops, realizing the question is answered.

"Containing him will not paint us in a popular light unless people are already afraid of him... What's the feeling on the street about his actions? Not the official, legal stance; the pulse of the people."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly's eyes flash with rage for a moment as Hagen mocks her words, gripping the metal armrests of the chair she is crouching so hard that they noticeably deform in her hands. "Do not joke about the threat black Apokolips poses to your world," she snaps once she has controlled herself. "Darkseid knows where we are, and can travel here."

"But yes, what do you want us to do with this Beowulf? What is it that makes him so unpleasant in your eyes?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Sounds like a guy I wouldn't care for." the girl shook her head. "Most of what I do is try to figure out why the monster is attacking and try to reason with him, her or it. Killing is a last resort in my book." she shrugged.

"You'd be surprised that most of the problems that arise with monsters is them just not understanding things." she snorted. "Other times, they need convincing that it's a bad idea to do whatever it is they're doing."

She grinned a little at Hagen. "Part of being a psychic pokemon trainer was registering whatever powers I had. It's no big deal really. Although in this situation I can kinda see how some folks might be a bit scared to come forward."

ooc
It'd make sense if she registered as a "psychic pokemon trainer" she'd have to register what powers she had.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen remains calm at Lilly's outburst. " I'm not making light of Darkseid. He sounds like the god of fascists. And trust me when I say I detest fascists with a passion. We here have once again trouble with those, too."

Again, he fiddles with the controls and an image of a man in his mid-30s with a heavily scarred face, reddish beard, a bald head and a scowl appears.
" This is Arnulf Staller, aka Beowulf. I don't like him, as you probably have noticed. But I don't need him contained, I need him on our side. He's one of the best assets we could have in the Night War."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Those kinds of monsters." she shook her head. "Vampires and undead tend to be an unreasonable lot. Lycanthropes are a bit more reasonable."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly nods, mollified by Hagen's words.

"So, you want us to recruit him for your ministry?" asks Lilly a little incredulously. "Would I be correct in speculating that you have attempted simply asking him as you did with us? And that he was ... not enthusiastic? Is he one of the people your masters criminalised? That being so, what do you hope we might be able to do to help recruit him that your people cannot?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" More or less", Hagen responds. " He is considered a vigilante and, until we finally have a clearer legal ruling in regards to werewolves, a murderer. However, we have left him mostly alone for the last few months. He is doing a dirty but necessary job. He made it very clear what he thinks of the current situation an ample amount of times. I hope that other powered people could persuade him, especially those with contacts in the DXDO. After all, that's one instance where it actually works while still leaving the supers with some autonomy."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"He might be one of the ones that need to be independent. Right now, I don't think you need this organization to be associated with murderers. If it gets out and it will, well..." she shook her head. "It's not a good idea." she smiled a little.

"Sorry, one of the things you get with hiring me is my honest opinion. This guy wouldn't be a good fit. He's a bit too dark grey for the public."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Noted", Hagen says, " I still would like you to talk to him. At least make him open up to the idea that we might be able to contact him with information on monsters."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I actually agree with Torque," Adeleth says. "Before we try talking to any existing supers, we should probably gain a public reputation for good. If any of us approached Herr Staller right now trying to sell him on this government initiative, why would he listen to us at all? We have no more clout with him then any other four foreigners approaching him."