The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

"Root beer and schnapps?" suggests Lilly. "Perhaps not at the same time. Or perhaps?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"No reason why you can't have one, then the other after." she said agreeably. "Root Beer floats can be both a drink and a desert."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Perhaps we should try them all, together and separately?" ponders Lilly.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Well, we do need food to go with it. I'm thinking steak." she said happily.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Yes, meat is good," nods Lilly.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"We can google to see what some of the better beer gardens around here are and visit them. There's bound to be something everyone in the party can enjoy." she grinned at Torque. "Even you could probably enjoy some 190 proof hooch."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Herr Krantz is treated well, currently examined by a doctor and given a sedative. Hagen decided to postpone his briefing.
Your own briefing is also a rather short affair, for the time being. It's obvious that Hagen is VERY worried about the Nazis having been there - and about Gilles de Rais being in Berlin as well, putting out an APB on him, as little as that helps given the powers of the dark mage and child-killer.

He does congratulate you for having defeated the group and for befriending the local Nosferatu. The Nosferatu have mostly stuck to the shadows and done what they used to do in their old universe - gather information, which they sell to the highest bidder in the Night War, about which they couldn't care less. Their knowledge could become invaluable.

He then dismisses you for the day, knowing you need a little R&R and being quite busy with organizing a cleanup crew and PR work.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl mostly steers the group towards the nearest beer garden, only pausing when she sees a rat with a particular glint in its eyes and a familiar feel in the force, peering out of a corner. She sighs and touches it mentally, knowing it was a minion of the Nosferatu they had met earlier. "The bunker is being taken cared of. The immediate danger is over, right now Hagen is putting together a crew to take care of the spirits, Caller-In-Darkness and the female Youtuber. I'd still steer clear of it until it's been really cleaned out. But you shouldn't have any more problems with monsters coming out of it I think. We shut it down in time." she considered.

"De Rais, the man with the black soul, is still on the loose, but we got the other Nazis. For how long, I don't know though." she chuckled mentally, although it was a bit on the gallows side of humor. They both knew how that sort of thing usually went.

"You helped save alot of lives with pushing us in that particular direction, if it had gone for much longer, we would have had a mystical equivalent of Chernobyl on our hands. Not to mention, helping those poor souls cross over will be the right thing to do as well." she sighed. "Look, I meant what I said earlier. If you think there's something like that brewing, let me know if you can't get a hold of Hagen. If I can't handle it, I'll make sure to pass the information along to those who can. That was a very serious situation and I won't ignore your warnings or information." she considered another question.

"Could I have your name or something to call you by? Nosferatu is kinda generic you know." she asked. "And rather rude."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

You actually receive an answer in your mind, a sensation like something cold and slick and enveloped in shadow brushing against your synapses.
We could not care less about your politics, but too many of us have been pressed into service by necromancers since the Merge. Against such beings, you will always have an ally in us. And I am Dietmar, by the way.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Necromancers are bad news and I thank you for that." Amy replied. "I don't much care for politics myself. I am essentially a mercenary you know." she chuckled. "I just wanted to give you the courtesy of what information I had. Fair, is fair, after all. I wish you well, hopefully our next encounter will be as profitable as this one for both of us Herr Dietmar." she said farewell, respectfully.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The rat disappears and the mental contact dissipates as well, leaving you and the others alone.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl chuckles and returns to the game at hand. That is, finding the best beer garden around and celebrating.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is looking around interestedly at the different places available.

She gravitates towards ones where music is playing, preferably live music.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Eventually, you end up at the " Prater", a beer garden situated in a backyard, shadowed by several old chestnut trees. It's rather full but an athmosphere of good mood and relaxation pervades the entire garden. A young woman in a colourful outfit is playing something on what appears to be an antiquated lute in a corner, singing softly as she does so, her voice somehow carrying even over the many murmured conversations and the laughter without being distracting or too loud.
Those in the know can safely assume she is using some kind of bardic magic to enhance her vocal talents.
The beer is good, there are pretzels to be had in abundance and for those who want for something more substancial, there are many filling and reasonably priced German dishes on offer.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

She finally settled on the Wiener schnitzel with potato salad and cucumber salad and some alcohol-free beer they'll serve to minors. "So, what do you guys plan on doing next?" she asked. "I'm kinda at loose ends myself, so if Hagen will keep me on, I'll probably accept it." she shrugged. "I've mostly been touring Europe, pokemon hunting and inevitably getting into trouble. At least here, it'll mostly be directed trouble." she sighed as she looked through the deserts. No root beer.

"Well, Lilly, for the root beer float, I'll probably have to make us some later on." she grinned at the young godling. "But this is pretty good," she nodded to her non alcoholic beer.

ooc
Had to actually look up the menu. They surprisingly also serve alcoholic free beer.
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init