The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is listening intently to the conversation, looking from person to person as they speak. Her eyes widen in surprise when Amy mentions the vast extent of her powers.

"I agree with Amy that having a reputation to go ahead of us, and show that your masters are not setting up those we contact for betrayal, would be a sensible idea."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen nods. " I have something for you. It might involve combat, but it's not certain. Mostly it's search and rescue. Would you be up for that?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I'm up for it. So what are we searching for and rescuing?"

Alma looked the others "She is also impetuous, opinionated and makes mistakes like any cub does. Lots of power, precious little common sense." she said dryly. "Do not forget Mexico."

"I'm trying to." she shuddered. "Possessed toy shop."

Peekaboo looked up. "El Rey."

Ren grinned. "Evil sith who want to make you their little sister?"

"That is not my fault. I can't help attracting them!" Amy protested.

All of the pokemon giggled at that.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I will help, " nods Lilly. She pauses. "Though should we at least describe our capabilities to one another before we attempt this task?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Knowing what we can each do tends to make for a better mission, at least in my limited experience."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I guess I'll go first," Adeleth says. "I can walk through stuff like it's not there. I suppose I'm fairly nimble and I'm pretty good at hacking security systems. That's about it."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen leans back and waits for them to finish their introduction before he fills them in on the mission.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"I agree.". Torque says, "As obvious, I'm a Transformer. But I am not limited to one form - I can pretty much assume the form of any motorcycle, I can all become all-terrain vehicles and I think I can mimic the qualities of a sea-doo and possibly ski-doo.

"I also have some facility with technology."

He doesn't demonstrate.

"I am something of an infiltrator and scout... although not as gifted as others in the infiltration areas...".
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Good. I'm alot of things, but I'm horrible with technology, at least with anything real complicated like hacking and stuff." she admitted.
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Just giving Plan b time to respond before we go on.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly looks at Emil's extended hand consideringly, then at her own filthy one. She rubs it on her rag-covered leg, but that only succeeds in moving the dirt around rather than making it any cleaner. She puts her hand back on her leg.

"I have been told by kind Himon who rescued me from the Female Furies and sent me to your world that I have Awakened as a New God. I have become stronger, faster and tougher than I was, which is stronger than people I have met in your world. I can fight. I no longer become ill, and I heal very quickly. Himon thought I might be the New God of Silence, because that was my first Godly power. I can make silence." Suddenly utter silence falls in the room, then sounds resume again just as quickly. "But I can also focus my Godly abilities to teleport. I can carry two or three other people with me. I can focus my powers into what kind Himon called the God-Speech, which is what lets me understand all your languages, and those of animals and spirit creatures. My hearing is very, very good. And since coming here I have learned to sing."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen smiles at her, apparently unperturbed by the sudden silence. " That is impressive. And something we can make good use of here. And in exchange, we'll do our best to make sure you will never be living in squalor and misery again."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly looks confused. "But I am not living in squalor and misery! This is the best life I have ever had, and the happiest I have ever been!"

"If you had ever seen the Armagetto on Apokalips, you would know!" she tells Hagen, intense emotion in her otherwise quiet voice. "The worst of your alleys is vastly superior to the best of the Armagetto! And beyond that you have peace and quiet! You are permitted friends and family! To care for each other. For things. Are permitted to care! Your rulers care for you as more than disposable meat, and you can build without your works being torn down at the whim of those above you. No one is press ganged into the mines and factories. Your air and water are so sweet, your sky so clear! Plentiful and delicious food is everywhere! And most importantly your world is not crushed under the weight of ... Darkseid's ... horrific Anti-Life Equation. I love your world! That is why I will help to defend it from those who would turn it into a new Apokalips. Not because I need anything more than what I already have!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Lilly, we cannot pretend to understand what you have lived through," Adeleth says. "It may not be the horror you came from, but this world is no paradise. The air that you call sweet use to be sweeter. And the water cleaner. We had mines and factories where small children would work rather than play in the sun. Before the Merge we had petty dictators and genocide and wars and famines and population destroying diseases. And all of that was by humans with no powers beyond their ability to create tools and devices. Now, the Earth has superpowered beings on top of petty dictators, genocide, war, famine, etc. And I don't know that our rulers care for us more than disposable meat. There are still places in the world where if say something against the rulers, you can end up dead. You are lucky. You landed in a place where freedom, if it isn't a truth, it is at least an ideal. There are places where that isn't true.

"And as for your condition, modern society is prejudiced against a lack of cleanliness. We do not treat out poor and homeless as well as we should. And if you appear to be homeless, because you do keep your appearance clean, you may be looked down upon. It is why everyone here has sad we will help you fit in. But like the dictators and genocides, it is a part of what Earth is today.

"Don't get me wrong. We also have art and music and leisurely pursuits. We are not complete barbarians. Only in the darker spaces. I feel I've said too much. I'll conclude by saying, it may be a joy to see the world through your eyes. To be around someone who thinks an alleyway in Berlin is superior some other alleyway."
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Emil Brackhaus

Emil listened to Adeleth and Lilies exchange, Adeleth was right, about the state of things in the world, more so then he'd ever say

"Apokolips, is rightly considered a hell world . I'm glad you've adapted so well Lily, there's a couple matters i'd like to discuss with you later. If you would?"

"I feel it's time i offered my credentials. Firstly i'm an elf functionally that is not important but to be clear, i have zero magical abilty so bad luck there, secondly as far i tell i'm from an alterate future where i spent almost four decades in law enforcement, i was trained in marksmenship, counter terrorism, forensic accountantacy and couple other displines that don't exist yet or at least by my measure shouldn't, and finally i've have cybernetic enhancements to my nervous system which increases my reflexes."

"Hagen get to the point, sitting here is playing havoc with my reflex system."