The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 pm "The vampires from the Buffyverse."
Lilly looks confused. "Buffyverse?" she asks. "Also, how dangerous are Devil Rats and goblins?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Buffy was before my time," Adeleth says. To Lilly she adds, "There was an entertainment series about a teenage vampire hunter back when we thought the world was of fiction was just made up."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Yeah, they're bad news." she shuddered. "Along with Ann Rice, It really popularized the vampires are 'romantic' movement." she made a face. "And there are still idiots out there who think that way."

"It's one of the reasons why I was hunting for a fire pokemon. Most vampires and undead in general tend to be rather flammable."

"Devil rats are basically intelligent hairless, disease carrying rats. They're dangerous separately and can swarm just like regular rats can." she answered Lilly. "Goblins are small humanoids. No matter where they come from, they can be very dangerous. Especially since we'll be in their territory, which they know better than us." she shrugged. "I suggest we treat them respectfully." she looked thoughtful. "And keep well away from the rats."

ooc
http://orokos.com/roll/772038 popular culture 28
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Thank you, Adeleth, Amy," nods Lilly.

She looks around at the rest of the room, and Hagen in particular.

"So, from what has been said, there is nothing in these tunnels that is not something to at least be wary of, and a great deal to be actively avoided. Did the people you are asking us to look for knew this before they went in? That being so, why are other lives being risked to save these idiots - who appear to be tired of life - from themselves?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Several reasons that I can see actually. This is as much a mapping mission as it is a rescue mission. We're also probably trying to make contact with the various groups down there and try to make some allies. Not to mention figuring out what's really down there and deal with any problems before they become bigger problems." she said as she studied the map. "That and trying to rescue the nimrods is the right thing to do." she grinned at Lilly.

"And if we do managed to save them, I plan on yelling at them and telling them exactly what I think of their stupidity."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"I'd hardly consider them stupid.". Torque says to Amy, "Rash, perhaps. Ill prepared, likely. In over their heads, most definitely.

"Stupid? No. There are a lot of individuals of this world that are genuinely afraid of what goes bump in the night. And they felt that way before everything that they thought was fiction and mythology came to life. Some people confront their fears to conquer them. Some want something to protect them.

"In the absence of protection - take that as you will in regards to this country's stance on vigilantes and 'superheroics,' - there will always be those that step up. Altruistically or selfishly is largely irrelevant."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Yelling at them would be counterproductive," Adeleth says. "We want these people to come out of the tunnel praising us for rescuing them. If we reprimand and insult them, they will not be useful as positive references for us. We can tell them they need to understand how dangerous the world today is without humiliating them. Again, we need a face because this is something a face can do: tell someone they are foolish without insulting them."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Spoilsports. Alright. I'll play nice." she said.

"As I said, far too opinionated for her own good." Alma remarked as she put her rather fluffy tail in order.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"A mapping mission makes considerably more sense, Amy," Lilly replies. "As, unfortunately, does what you say, Adeleth.

"But these two," continues Lilly to Torque, indicating the couple Hagan has projected on the screen. "Are putting themselves into danger for none of the reasons you mention. Not to confront or protect or understand. But simply to satisfy their curiosity. Foolishness. They should know better. Before my Awakening, when I was a Lowlie on dread Apokalips, I knew that if there is something dangerous in a place - usually the minions of the tyrant Darkseid - you avoided that place if you could, because you wanted to live. Not sought it out. Everyone knew that."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

"Point taken Lilly." Torque nods, "But don't forget there are people on this world that confront their fear - and the unknown - for the sake of confronting it.

"Not to mention that I am certain they make a profit from their channel, and perhaps any artefacts they recover."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"If you say so," replies Lilly. "Though I fail to understand the lure this 'money' has for some people on this world."
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Emil

"Is it you don't understand currency, or understand why people need more than they need to survive?" Emil asked out curosity, hoping to move away from the topic of goblins, which he was of the opinion should be treated with fire, at least the ones from his time any rate.

"The first think of it as goverment endorsed token, the second well theres alot of reasons greed, ambition, pride, vices ,security, health, shelter, to support others tend to be the biggest reasons. If it helps." He offered as an explanation.

"Hagan just back to a previous point of the hiring policy, is it restricted to vigilantes or can i offer a job to any superhuman i think would be suitable?" Emil asked with a definate agenda.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I have learned what money is for since I arrived on your world, Emil," Lilly tells him. "It took some time. And as on grim Apokalips I have been able to survive here without it, as all Lowlies do there. I do not understand the attachment so many people seem to have for the stuff. What money I have made from my singing I have given to my friends, the others who live on the streets of Essen. They need it much more than I."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque

"Did you ever barter on Apokalips? Offer a good that you had in exchange for something you needed? Money is essentially a good that you collect to be able to exchange for other goods. Some people have more than others so they can get more goods or higher quality goods.

"The people that are lucky enough to call you friend exchange the money, among other things, for food."

He was rose-coloring it, but in a sense, so was Lilly. Not having money, the way she was describing it, sounded almost like a blessing. But the fact was the opposite. Her people had nothing. Nothing to want. Nothing to need (even if they needed things). Nothing to covet. So being able to buy nothing meant that money was nothing...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I send part of my pay back home for my family and town and outside of living expenses, I sock the rest away for later." she shrugged. "In any case, let's get down to the business at hand." she looked at the map and humphed. "Add some bangles of protection against disease and poison to the wishlist of gear, for those of us who need it. An ounce of care means we don't accidently become disease vectors later and considering the mess you described it's even more important than night-vision goggles." she told Hagen.

Battle Init