The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly nods around the ice cream, seeming to get the idea...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen quickly nods. " Good idea. Please follow me."
He leads you up a flight of stairs towards a nondescript corridor with several doors.
" Guest quarters. I've had clothes prepared inside."
He then motions each of you to one of the rooms.
Said rooms are somewhat spartan but they do contain a sanitary area complete with shower each as well as a comfortable-looking, if simple bed. Clothes are laid out on top of said bed.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Thanks." the girl turned to Lilly. "Come on then, let's show you how to get clean." she said cheerfully.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly looks a little nervous but follows Amy into the room...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl goes over the basics, showing her how to work the various implements of cleaning doom as well as how to adjust the water to the desired temperature and how to work the various appliances in the shower and giving various tips on how not to hurt oneself in the shower (avoid soap in eyes, not slipping, etc).

"If you need help, just think about it. I'll keep a mental ear out for you while I take my own shower." she finished. "I'll give you a bit of privacy to do what you need to do, okay?" she patted the girl on the shoulder encouragingly.

"Remember to dry off with the towels after showering and before you put on your new clothes." she said, pointing to the articles in question before slipping into her own room and cleaned herself up.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly eyes the white tiles and gleaming chrome taps of the shower extremely dubiously as Amy explains the mysteries of plumbing and cleanliness to her, but nonetheless she plays with the controls a bit until she gets an idea of how it all works.

"Thank you," she says to Amy at the doorway. "If these strange devices do not drown me I shall see you later."

With some trepidation she enters the shower...

A long time later, with the water running off her no longer visibly dirty, she finally emerges. She has changed colour somewhat; where before her skin had a greyish tinge of deeply ingrained dirt, now it is simply a deep brown. She also smells much more pleasant than before! The calluses on her hands and feet remain, however.

She rummages through the clothes provided until she finds some that she is content with. Dark blue leggings and a dark blue hooded top, both with gold trim. This is the same as she chose before the group all went into the bunker, only clean. She remains barefoot. She has never worn shoes and although she tries them on, she just finds them too odd and uncomfortable.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl is already cleaned up and dry, dressed in jeans and a dark t-shirt and comfortable looking boots. "Nice!" she tells the other girl. "Being clean won't seem so scary once you get used to it." she said brightly. Around her are ranged her pokemon, also looking newly cleaned up and vaguely dissatisfied with the entire process.

"I hate baths," Peekaboo groused.

"I hate soap, but the water is nice," Ren agreed.

"Why do we have to bathe when our tongues do the job?" Alma complained.

"Because, sewers are nasty places and you needed a bath just as much as we did." Amy retorted.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth checks in with security to make sure Herr Krantz is being treated well after she gets cleaned up.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:45 pm The girl is already cleaned up and dry, dressed in jeans and a dark t-shirt and comfortable looking boots. "Nice!" she tells the other girl. "Being clean won't seem so scary once you get used to it." she said brightly. Around her are ranged her pokemon, also looking newly cleaned up and vaguely dissatisfied with the entire process.
"It feels odd," Lilly comments. "Everything is ... dry. And not sticky. I smell ... not like me. And I am a different colour. I am not sure I like it."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It's all part of being clean. The real you was hidden under the dirt." she said. "You needed to hide on Apolkalips. I get that. Here, you don't." she said as gently as possible. When dealing with monsters, sometimes they had been in bad situations and were acting out because of it, not knowing they didn't need to anymore. It was part of her job to teach them they were in a good place and didn't have to act like that anymore. She figured, this was much the same.

"Here, things are different. Here, you are free." she said.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"That is true. Certainly more so than on dire Apokalips!" she replies with a smile. "I suppose I shall get used to it as I have done to so many of the other strange things your world offers!"

"I suppose we should now find Hagen once again and tell him of our underground exploits..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"And collect our pay." she agreed cheerfully. As far as she was concerned, they deserved double for the trouble they went through at the very least. "I'm going to have nightmares about that bunker for at least a month I think." she shuddered. "I hate dungeon diving. It's always leads to more trouble than you think it should." she shook her head. "If Hagen wants us to make some sort of speeches or something about the dangers of dungeon diving, I'm all in."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Perhaps a song on my part," suggests Lilly.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: normal
HP: 1 (?)

While the others had showered, Torque had gone to the a local car wash to be cleaned. He had found a place with an Autobot logo on their window and took a chance. Using a female rider as he approached for pricing and a suitably sporty bike, he rolled up to the entrance and his rider removed her helmet.

Gentlemen." "She" says, "Went through a nasty stretch of road, my wheels need a clean..."

While they were oohing and ahhing at the bike and the rider, he rolled into the garage and out of view of the street.

"If you think I'm interesting..." The rider flickered out and Torque assumed robot mode. "Sorry. No way to explain why my rider disappears..." They had of course flipped out, but in short order, Torque found himself cleaned, refueled and welcome anytime... He allowed them to take a few pictures, figuring that his image was going to be out in the news and other media soon enough... this hopefully would count as good publicity.

He assumed robot form and his rider returned, she saluted before saying... "Autobot, roll out!."

He got back to the HQ at roughly the same time the others were ready to debrief.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Ah yes, after adventure shower, clean clothes, nothing major broken, strained or cut, we got out with all our party members and more or less succeeded with all of our objectives, plus some." she told the others. "All in all, not a bad day, I'd say." she smiled. "After the debrief, I say we celebrate."

Battle Init