The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"I'd think getting paid would be the bonus, not the other way around." Towering over the others in his current form,
"Nah, word gets around if you stiff a merc their pay. Plus we tend to take it out on the ones who try in inventive and embarrassing ways." she noted. "No, the bonus is who you work for, who you work with and the mission itself." she said firmly.

"I actually started out as an Adventurer. Now those, they don't always get paid for what they do, you know chivalry, a distinct lack of sanity, common sense and all that." she grinned. "Loads of therapy and nice paychecks helped me 'see the light'."
he added "Sorry it took so long, trying not to scare the locals and all that. Gotta admit, I was more than a little surprised by the comparably warm reception I was getting topside..."
"Told ya Transformers were and are cool." she chuckled.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Let's just get inside," Adeleth says. "Every minute we spend here could be those spelunkers' last gasps of fresh air."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The door Hagen mentioned is exactly where it is supposed to be and with the key provided to you, you manage to open it and slip through, ending up in a dimly-lit service tunnel. Signs in German point to certain access points in the subway tunnels proper as well as a supply room down a short flight of steps. According to Hagen's info, you need to head there first and move further down another flight afterwards, descending into the true bowels of Berlin.

You should not be meeting any workers at this moment.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth puts on her night vision goggles and, not expecting anything, looks around to see if anything is out of place, unusual, or troubling.

Perception: 1d20+8 26
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She hears some mumbling around a corner....
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly is giving her hearing her full attention, as she said she would be, so may be able to hear more clearly. And she will Comprehend whatever is being said. She is trying to listen for sounds of distress as well, either close at hand or further away ...

Routine hearing perception check of 25, and -1 per 100 feet from Extended Hearing 1.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

For Lilly's supernatural hearing, even the slightest sound is clear and present, as if happening directly next to her ear. The cosmic harmonies that fill the universe with echoes and voices are easily accessible to her now that she is away from the groaning and gnashing and screaming of Apokolips.

Around the corner, she hears mumbling, the words slurred. " From beneath....from beneath it devours...has always...will always. Me...me again...thousands of mes...all food for the one beneath...I told them to go away. Home. Jack-booted bastards. They will be food, too...no respect. Not one. Other two...now that's decency. Real nice. She was smiling so sweetly." then the sounds of fluid in a bottle being swilled about.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"There is a drunkard, or madman, or both, just ahead," Lilly whispers to the others. "Rambling. The peace and quiet on your world let me hear them so clearly. Though I am not sure what they mean. 'From beneath it devours'. Jack-booted bastards. There being thousands of themselves. Something to do with the Merge of worlds? But also something about two people who were 'decent' and 'nice'. Perhaps they know something of our quarry?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Sure sounds like it..." Torque runs the phrases through his databanks.

Investigation (Well-Informed): 1d20+9 23
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The only thing that comes up is " from beneath you it devours", a sentence that referred to the First Evil in Buffy's season 7. However, it could be a reference to the Devourer Beneath, the thing that feasts on dying multiverses and of which all eldritch abominations in the multiverse are just feeder tendrils...

As for the jack-booted comment...maybe someone wearing combat boots?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"None of those sounds like a good thing," Adeleth says.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"No," agrees Lilly. "Should one of us question them?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Can't hurt to try." Torque says, "But, I'll hold back and play 'Bad Cop' if it becomes necessary..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"As if Lilly understands what that means," Adeleth says. "Do we know how far away this person speaking is? Sound travels well underground."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: With her Accurate hearing, I'd suspect Lilly can tell how far away the speaker is. Failing that she can stealthily peek round the corner...