The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl laughed. "And sometimes even the joke can be deadly."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Emil Brackhaus

Emil had sat quietly as he watched others arrive, acknowledging each with a nod while pawing some documents he'd brought with him to look busy, better to play bureaucrat until had figured out what this was about. With every arrival he sieved though his skill suites, a new skill, a new perpective. The first arrival was young girl, recruit? Maybe, didn't act it. The robot cemented it in his mind, contractors, this was going to be a case that needed to be deniable if went badly, likly to escalate quickly or more likly both.

Emil sat quietly though the introductions and banter he'd gotten slighty to used to corperate think, waiting for his superior start introductions.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Wow, actual Pokemon. I'd heard they came through but I've never seen one in person," Adeleth says. "I was born here on Earth as well. Actually in Germany. But we moved to the states when I was young. Oma made sure I didn't lose my heritage. I lived in London most recently. Though that may change with the current assignment.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"They're life-savers, literally. Especially out in the boon-docks where there is a decided lack of heroes to help out." she said as she scritched Peekaboo behind the ears and then petted Ren and Alma. "These guys have saved my rear-end more times than I can count."

"I was actually here in Germany looking for a fire pokemon, then I got roped into helping the locals with monster issues of various sorts."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Everyone

" Speaking of which...", the man says and finally switches off the movie before he turns around to face all of you, " I am glad you could make it. Torque, I see you have already accessed the grid, good thinking. Miss Lullabye, pardon me for being blunt...we can provide clean clothes and sanitary facilities after the meeting, I am certain you can appreciate them. Amy, please keep your Pokemon under control for the time being. The whole floor's enough of a mess at the moment." Nonetheless, he does smile at the critters. " You're welcome here, too, of course."
He nods to Emil and then to Adeleth.
" As you might have guessed already, I am Hagen. Just Hagen for the moment. I make a show of running things here, but mostly I am busy annoying my boss by reminding him that the world has changed and he can't put his head in the sand anymore. Too bad it took innocent deaths before I could get this initiative greenlit." He sighs.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Hello," says Lilly separately to each of Peekaboo, Alma and Ren, with a brief smile for each.

"Thank you," she adds to Alma after the Pokemon's kind words.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 am Miss Lullabye, pardon me for being blunt...we can provide clean clothes and sanitary facilities after the meeting, I am certain you can appreciate them.
At these words Lilly gives Hagen a look of genuine incomprehension. She really has no idea what he means.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen frowns, then nods. " It can wait until later. Just trust me with this."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
Amy, please keep your Pokemon under control for the time being. The whole floor's enough of a mess at the moment." Nonetheless, he does smile at the critters. " You're welcome here, too, of course."
"No problem. Ren just evolved a week ago, so he's still bouncing around because of it."

"Hey, I'm not a baby anymore! Isn't that enough to get excited about?" the little, blue-furred pokemon protested.

Alma shook her head. "Then act like it would you? Tearing the place down at the drop of a hat isn't mature."

Ren stuck his tongue out at the Umbreon.

ooc
Alma is definately the sane older sister of the trio, Peekaboo is the brash middle kid and Ren is the annoying baby of the family.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Torque nodded slowly to acknowledge the comment. He was not a fool - he had made a first impression of Hagen but was not prepared to judge him just yet.

"By loss of life, I assume you are referring to something very recent and perhaps... local, Mr Hagen?" He says, giving the man the respect his position is due (at least for now). "There has been loss of life since M Day. Can you be more specific as to what threat you are asking us to assemble to counter?"
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen sighs deeply. " Yes. On October 9th, a nonpowered right-wing radical " lone wolf" tried to shoot up a synagogue in Halle. He was stopped by this man."
He fiddles with the beamer controls and an image of an average-looking guy in his late 20s appears. " Nils Müller. Powered, but never ever appeared on our radar. Most likely Passenger-powered since his power is somewhat quirky. What he cannot see cannot affect him at all. He cannot even hear anything he cannot see. He stepped in front of the synagogue door and closed his eyes. The attacker threw a homemade bomb at him, saw the explosion do nothing, then left in frustration. Mr. Müller, having no support whatsoever because our government still likes to believe the Merge never happened, followed him...but he had to open his eyes and got shot. He's in intensive care at the moment and we don't know if he'll pull through.
The attacker then went on to kill two more people, one woman just passing by and one customer at a kebab restaurant before he could be stopped." Hagen briefly pauses.
" We need to set up some means for heroic individuals to have a support network and to be organized. And that's where you come in. Recruitment, assessment, organization."

//Unfortunately, the story about Halle is true minus the superheroics. Some nutjob did try to shoot up a synagogue and when the door held despite him throwing a bomb at it, he then shot two other people before they could stop him. Great times we live in *sarcasm off*
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl shook her head. "Do you have healers?" She asked. "Back home, it's very popular talent to have."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Yes. Except our government went out of their way to criminalize people who just wanted to help, drove our most powerful superteam out of the country and now nobody trusts us anymore" The frustration and anger are almost palpable.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Fear and politics always leads to stupidity." She leaned forward. "So what can we do to help, without a long stay in the local super-max for just offering to help?"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Hagen looks at her. " No worries about that. The incident in Halle finally allowed me to pull some strings. You will be able to work legally and we'll keep everything on the up and up." He looks at the others. " We'll start with recruitment. We need the local superhumans on our side. On our payroll would be even better,"