(IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jcjec

Re: (IC) Gulf State Guardsmen (RCU)

Post by jcjec »

As Shaper put the patch in place, he sees the lump of metal encasing Doctor Might on the floor of the hangar before its plunged into darkness as the sole beam of light (with the lighting system pulled out of place due to the high magnetism that was used) in cut off.

Meanwhile, Arvincent Smith responds on the radio with "Understood. Captain Parsons was informed when you left here and she and her detail are in route to you now - ETA twenty minutes. I'll place a call to Cape Canaveral with your clearance."

When Magnaflux addresses the soldiers' commanding officer, a man with Colonel bars climbs out of one of the jeeps and steps forward, though the Air Force personnel don't lower their weapons. "My name is Colonel Joshua Stone, Head of Security for the base. Please identify yourself and your position with Strikeforce. After all, that isn't one of their fancy uniforms you're wearing."
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Condition: -1 Damage, Worried

As Shaper was going through his work of patching the hole, from the corner of his eye, he noticed changes within the Mars hanger. His view of Doctor Might disappeared as all light vanished from the hanger.

Worried, Shaper reached out over comms. "Hey Wraith, please tell me you're playing a joke in the hanger, and wanted to mess with Doctor Might in the darkness over here. Otherwise, I got bad news. I just lost sight of Doctor Might. Mangaflux, can you sense that enclosure thing you wrapped him up in?"
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

On instinct alone Magnaflux snapped out a crisp, military salute. "Lt. Seth Carrera, USMC, EOD, retired. Currently serving as commissioned agents of Strikeforce, our liaison, Agent Smith is being patched through to your office as we speak, he can verify our credentials." He looked around at his team, a sense of pride, and accomplishment flowed through him. "Strikeforce has been on high alert, having received a credible threat, issued by Eight-dred. Mangrove, was able to reconnoiter the perimeter of the Ares II launch, ascertained the saboteurs had penetrated your perimeter, once alerted my team moved to assist your site security."

His comm chirped, Shaper's message. Mighty had escaped?!? "A moment Colonel." He reached out with his thoughts, felt the cocoon that had entrapped Mighty just beyond the doors that Shaper had re-constructed. "My ability to manipulate ferrous materials most likely shorted some electrical systems, including interior lighting. Mighty is trapped in the hangar, beyond the doors. Best bring him back out before finishing repairs."

He paused, returned his attention to the Colonel. "I believe their field commander, if not leader, is still within the hangar, encased in several thousand pounds of steel and aluminum. Go ahead, verify our status, we can wait."
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Colonel Stone nods and, looking at a small grouping of soldiers, motions to the hangar with his head. The five men break off from the troop and make their way over. Meanwhile, Stone pulls a radio off his belt, adjusts the volume, and speaks into it. After a few moments of quiet speaking, he returns the radio to his belt and says, "Stand down, men." On his order, the soldiers lower their guns. Turning back to Magnaflux, he says, "Your story checks out. Thank you all for your service. We're in your debt. I just wish the guards at the front gate could have been saved."
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: Cautious

Stephyn looked over at Shaper the minute he asked if he was playing a joke. The look the played across his face was one of are you kidding? Turning back to Magnaflux with a look of concern. Magnaflux's confidence was rock solid when he replied to the Colonel, Stephyn should be reassured by this. Instead, he has a flicker of doubt that gnaws at his gut. Could be the exhaustion playing on him...could be the beast just pushing his buttons. Either way, Wraith looked over at the Hanger then back at Magnaflux, with a nod," All the same...I'll cover them just in case..."
Wraith is going to turn and walk slowly over to the Hanger. He is still going to let the unit take care of Mighty Lump. If they ask for his assistance, he will help. Otherwise, all he is doing is providing cover and back-up should Mighty bust out(doubt it...but it always pays to be cautious).
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

As the unit and Wraith walk over to the side primary entrance, the one in front places his hand near the handle while the other four take position to fire if needed. When the door opens, the light from outside penetrates the darkness, catching the lower quarter of a human-like form covered in metal. The first soldier in flicks on the first in a line of light switches, but no light comes from above. "Confirmed. Power is out."

Pushing the door open as wide as it goes, three of them enter further in formation, looking at the encased form. "It looks pretty heavy. We're probably going to need to get a forklift in here to move it outside."
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Wraith
HP:2 Cnd: relieved

Stephyn stalked closely behind the squad as the approached the hanger. As he did, he gather power from their shadows, pulling and weaving the umbral energy continuously through his hands. When the squad leader called all clear, the darkness in his eyes cleared as a weight dropped from his shoulders.

At the mention of a forklift, Stephyn looks over at the Squad, " I can help with that. Do you have something you want the good Doctor parked in?" With that Wraith pulls at the darkness that is now a large part of the hanger. Again his hands move in an intricate weaving pattern. Tendrils of inky black darkness flow up and around the encased criminal, lifting off the hanger floor with ease. With a cocked eyebrow, Stephyn waits for the destination.
OK...Shadowrend, minus the Damaging. Extra Effort: Shadowgrasp[Move Object 10]. Should be more than enough to move the chunk 'o criminal. Hero Point to shake off Fatigue.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

The lead soldier -- the one who opened the door -- smiled slightly at the display of power. "Let's just get him outside. With Strikeforce on their way, they can worry about how to take him downtown."
Jim C.

Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Mangrove HP 0, Cond: Fatigued, Bruised

Mangrove held Derby Doll fast. He quietly pumped her full of paralytic phytoxin to keep her "comfortablly numb" until Strikeforce arrived.
Last edited by Hero4hire on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Within moments, the villainess, droops unconscious in his grip.
Jim C.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Several minutes later, a convoy of Strikeforce squad cars, Humvees, Air-emis and modified SWAT vans pull up.

Chief Parsons climbs out of the lead car and, after stopping to speak to Stone, makes her way over to Magnaflux and the rest of the group. "Thank you all for your assistance. I hate to think what might have happened if you hadn't volunteered."
Jim C.

ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Magnaflux
Hero Points: One.
Conditions: None.

Magnaflux nodded at Parsons, "We are glad to have been of assistance, however Colonel Stone indicated that men located at the perimeter have been wounded. Let's get that scene secured before the media is on site," he looked poignantly at the Colonel, "I am sure the Colonel will want to inform their families, and not have them find out due to the evening news."

He paused, as the Strikeforce agents, and the Air Force Security officers began to secure the site, he approached Parsons. "Any chance we'll be able to get access to the information Eight-dred gives up on debrief?"
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Colonel Stone's head dropped ever so slightly. "Paramedics were dispatched to the front gates at the same time we came here. Those that were injured have been evaced to the base hospital. The rest.... we're awaiting permission from OSI to move the bodies. But you are correct; if things are under control here, I can leave some of my men here to aide you while I tend to.... other business."

Once Magnaflux and Parsons are together, she responds with, "I would like to keep you all in the loop on this. The Las Vegas Strikeforce has developed a group of consultants that work with them frequently, and while that program is having some difficulties, I would like to recommend you all for a similar set-up, if you'd be willing."
Jim C.

DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Shaper
HP:1
Coniditon -1, Embarrassed

Shaper activates his comm to his teammates, a bit sheepishly. "Sorry for the false alarm. Guess I got it through my head that whatever member of Eightdred that was responsible for the assassinations wasn't accounted for, and potentially active in the shadows."

Shaper flies down to rejoin Parsons, Mangaflux and Wraith on the ground. "Consultants would be something I'd welcome. Not sure about the rest of the team, but more experience and resources are useful to have at hand."
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

The Citizen Quartet would take a moment of respite once the entire enemy group was taken care of. They all gathered at the spot where Citizen Black was located and being treated, and they would re-fuse, forming Citizen Red once again, relatively uninjured with only some scratches in the costume. "Thanks for your concern Mouzou, but this ain't the first time I've suffered a grievous injury at the hands of injustice. As long as they aren't totally incapacitated I can come together relatively whole regardless of the nature of my injury. That said..." he would trail off, pulling out a set of restraints.

He began to tie up Night Ninja in an efficient mannerism, the arms behind their back and legs together. He would then effortlessly pick him up and sling him over his shoulder, reconvening with the team and feds that hired them, apparently Magnaflux and his relatively professional section of the team had already calmed down security on site. Impressive.

He then heard Shaper voice slight worry that whatever member of Eightdred was responsible for the assassinations wasn't taken care of. "The assassin you say? Judging by who we were briefed on, this one right here was the only one they knew nothing about. That makes him the most likely to have assassinated the politicians, the fiend. He was skilled, I'll admit, but no match for Justice Fourfold, Citizen Quartet!" he would declare, tooting his own horn, albeit more in celebration of the victory as a whole.

He would then walk by and set the restrained Ninja Villain on the ground by some of the armored officers near what looked like an armored transport vehicle. "Never got a name, but I'd call him Captain Kabuki, or maybe Shuri-Ken," he'd mention in passing, grinning behind his mask.