Flynnarrel

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well written!
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That is an entertaining piece of writing Doctor Malsyn.
Flynnarrel wrote:I imagined we could/were using the ring to get to the rig as a group and doing stuff there the day beforehand, that way we could bring the boxes of stuff with us (in the same way Kaito's van gets transported. Would that be easier/feasible?
I thought we were already in the city the rig is off the shore of. I might have gotten mixed up with our teleports, thinking we established a forward base.

In any case we won't be able to teleport directly onto the rig without Cognagion, who was going to be separated from us the moment Mike's body died. We would have to transport the equipment onto the rig ourselves. Traveling isn't such an issue given Garald's speed, but carrying supplies isn't stealthy. Sending the supplies ahead of us also allows the work to begin before we even get there. Garald can't help Kaito speed things up because he lacks the skill to assist with anything technical.

Kaito would end up busy doing tedious mundane work that I don't think he needs to. The character also is not a good liar, nor is he stealthy. Infiltration work isn't something I see him suited for even if he has a uniform and fake ID. I'm not going to press the issue if you want Kaito to handle it all himself though. There is the advantage of his being present to ply his technical expertise if anything relevant comes up.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The body switching bit was well written. Detail is always good for a story.

As for location, you are still in Dallas as your base. It's completely possible you teleported supplies to New Orleans area before Cognagion changed bodies
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Thank you, I had some fun stretching my legs with it.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Either way. I was originally thinking a mysterious shipment to an oil rig would draw too much attention and Kaito started a many hour project before doing the hacking needed to arrange that - this is all so last minute. But if we're willing to hand wave that away... the only other thing Kaito would point out is that his Gas form can't go under the water. Even as human he doesn't need to breath though (go go Horseman power) assuming Garald is transporting them under the water to avoid detection.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Pushing it all under the water is one option definitely if the water proofing is explained and I'll allow for the supplies to be in some waterfront warehouse as the drop would take only a few minutes max with the ring.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well heck, they sell water tight boxes and bags at any sports store or K-mart near any waterfront that boating is common done at. The cameras and gear are, by design, small and concealable. Even a lot of them wouldn't take up that much room. Kaito's tablets to coordinate everything and the wifi gear for a strong network would be another bag. We're looking at two large backpacks in total and we can totally get water-sealed ones.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Current loadout for Roger;
  • Physical Stats: 0, 1, 3, 3
  • Advantages: Connected, Contacts, Defensive Roll 5, Fascinate, Equipment 4, Fearless, Leadership, Luck 6, Teamwork {No change from Mike}
  • Skills: Expertise: Business 7 (+7), RC: Pistols 10 (+13), Stealth 11(+14), Insight 10(+15), Investigation 9 (+9), Expertise: Oil Rigs 7 (+7), Sleight of Hand 7 (+10)
  • Equipment: Heavy Pistol: Ranged Damage 4/ 20/ 8
Not as constitutionally fit, but he's a little more deft and trained in firearm use, owning his own (concealed carry).
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The stats look fine. I'll trust you'll know his defenses.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yep, I've already adjusted them. He's not as tough in this body due to lacking armor, and physical constitution.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I just had an idea, and I wonder if it might just be so dumb and simple it could work. When Roger is due to welcome the VIPs, he could try to just slip the bracelet off our target's wrists using Sleight of Hand (and probably a lot of luck). What do you two think?
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The bracelet is supposedly on his fellow employee, Leon. Not on a VIP.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... Would I know where he was then, in that case?
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The VIPs are various world government officials. The three employees mentioned are the start employees of the rig.

The rig isn't that big, so Roger could find him easy enough and try your idea with just Roger there. I won't comment on the wisdom of it here though.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I mentioned it could be stupid, which is why I wa ted to know what my fellow players thought of it first.
------------