[OOC] Four Horsemen [Finished]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen - Recruiting

Post by Tony Jones »

mrdent12 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 pm Just to set expectations, raw mechanics arguments tend to reduce the enjoyment of the game for me. So while I use the rules, all of nuance might escape me and I am likely to be inclined to go with the simplest interpretation such as for the trigger discussion. If I clearly misinterpret some mechanic please correct me. Otherwise, I will likely refrain from getting too much into the nuance.
Sounds entirely reasonable. I'm hoping once the characters are sorted out to the point everyone is happy then we can stop focussing on the mechanics so much.
mrdent12 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:39 pm For the summon, given it is your only effective power for combat while active I am inclined to be fine with PL 10 with your change.
OK, thanks! I have now updated both Extinction and Samael based on the above so hopefully we are sorted...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Adam Strife
Adam looks good as a concept. Strength wise, he's rather powerful once fully charged like the hulk sort of which is cool. Damage resistance is also a nice. I don't see burrowing much as a power in builds, so it should make interesting game play.

While is skills are a bit low, he is a tank. So it makes sense. Altogether a solid build and concept.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, I have 2pp floating, so I could push them into skills, just I went with skills that made sense for him, which is to say, not a whole lot. He's a mine worker after all.

But yeah, overall, his main powers also have subtle. So he doesn't even look like some kind of roided out behemoth when at maximum power.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Nothing wrong with his skill levels really. There is enough other potential PC's with sufficient skills. The only limit would be his versatility.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:For Garald, precog in combat is fine, but would like to know how you would interpret it. As for the intimidation, most being intimidating just means the concepts that aren't as heavy in it will have less to compete with. The idea is to have a balanced group if PCs vs a bunch of thugs.
That lessening of competition, or redundancy, is what I am looking for.

For the Precognition I see it being used prior to combat in planning where Garald can predict, enemy numbers, positions, strategies or tactics more accurately than mundane Skills would allow. Maybe even get insights into what would set one group against another (spark a war?). During combat he might get insights that predict changing events that shouldn't otherwise be apparent. Such as enemy reinforcements are coming. Or he may realize that the Horsemen are being distracted by a force while the real thing of importance is going on elsewhere. Precognition is also a convenient plot hook medium, though this is narrowed down to martial conflict and thing relating to it.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've been away on a business trip. Hopefully I'll finish Aeranel this weekend.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate, I plan to start deciding Saturday or Sunday night with the game kicking off Monday or Tuesday.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm just worried about overlap between the brick "deaths".
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Overlap, so long as all involved come to an agreement for both to enjoy themselves, is fine. In addition, there should be some key element of each to allow everyone a chance to shine.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I realized that I'd never adjusted Zzzzt for 3 sp per pp, so I did that. It saved me 4 pp, so I added another level of Insubstantial, added Progressive so that he can go from solid to liquid in one turn, and Liquid to Gaseous in a second, and then added the Absent Strength quirk since it makes sense that, at that level of dispersion, he wouldn't be able to hit with any real force. He can, of course, still swarm large areas with enough stinging and biting insects to cause quite a bit of damage.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Tomorrow is the last day to get something pitched. It doesn't have to be fully complete, but enough to give me an idea. There will be another two or three days before the game kicks off once it is cast.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I went ahead and made the adjustments that I mentioned involving Precognition and switching Intimidate to Persuasion.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sounds good. Should be interesting how you he plays into the more persuasive rather than intimidating kind given his powers.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

If too many bricks is a problem I could swap Extinction for Conflagration, an energy controller...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

My brick angel also plays with fire. :)