[OOC] Four Horsemen [Finished]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen

Post by mrdent12 »

The distraction was a good idea. If not for the ready actions, the Others would be blind to what was going on during a surprise round giving Garald a chance to get in to snatch Leon away.

The scene edit, while not immediately useful will have implications in further posts this scene since Leon did see it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm.... Alrighty then, ill take that I to consideration
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Flynnarrel, Garald/I did not have the information to plan accordingly. That's the bottom line, and source of Garald's frustration. He isn't going to rage at Kaito, but there was a miscommunication somewhere (my IC justification for lack of information OOC). Even if we don't actually play it out, that's something Garald would address in the future and try to improve on. Not in a disciplinary fashion, but rather a 'let's find a way to do better' approach.

I also made a slight edit to my post. It occured to me that it'd be a good idea for Garald to let Cognagion know where Leon was being dragged off to.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am slammed at work since some contracts came in, so was too tired after 3 hours of calls last night to get a post up. I'll get one up tonight.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I mean... What can I even do here?
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The most obvious one is to clear the steam and yell for your auditory based attacks. It would give you away, but might be worth it. Another thing, since as far as you know Rogers cover is in place, you could hide. There is also trying to distract the Others by causing the thralls you have still to do stupid stuff that forces the heroic tendencies of the Others to come out. All of them have their risks and rewards and there is likely some I missed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'll have Garald convert Speed and Quickness into Flight 7, then go after the Ferrari Jacket Guy and Leon. If he frees Leon, instead of trying to exfiltrate with him (as I suspect the other guy might have the item now), he'll take Leon back to the rig. Where Cognagion can deal with him if he wants to. One more option for Doctor Malsyn to consider.

The entire plan for Kaito get's nixed. Instead Garald would simply give him directions for going after the other flier ... who might have stolen the bracelet from Leon.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I think I might have an idea. MD, with Rodger's knowledge, would he know how to spark into effect a cascading disaster using people under his thrall? It may draw their attention back to the right in a misguided atempt at 'saving people'.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sure, while I'm not an oil rig expert I'd imagine fire on some oil barrels plus overloading some equipment might be potentially explosive.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Edited the IC post.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So what is the command for Spread the Word? Also, while I will say yes to it now in general each command needs to be a move action with some more than a big general plan. So, something like keep watch and shoot anyone you might see or release the oil. Depending on who you command, it could be less descriptive, but that leaves room for them to do it the way they see fit vs how you may intend. Someone with no knowledge how to do something may look it up online, thinking they are doing it out of curiosity, but that will only yield knowledge anyone could get taking the appropriate amount of time.

In this case, it seems like the command is to blow up the rig to all his thralls if I interpreted it correctly. If there is a plan he wants to synchronize, each group would need to be given a command or risk them doing it as they see fit. People by oil drums might get in position to throw a match in, safety control people would override safety precautions, etc. Since they aren't talking to each other though it will be more chaotic. Since I don't know the exact actions, I would say to blow the rig making it look like the pipes if inspected, would be 5 commands to coordinate.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Was wriying posts and then my power flipped, why even live?

I want it to look like it was sabotage, so if that means I'll need to take the long way around I'll do it like that. I'll even suffer fatigue to get two of the five actions as an action surge.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ah ok so sabotage not blow up? Got it. Simple sabotage is quicker.

As for the command in spread the word, still unclear on that one. Is it just to get one of the Others to pay attention and come back or all of them?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The comand for that is essentially "Save the Workers". Right now it should be by Rodger where the most damage is taking place. Something more in depth may follow if they seem swayed.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:Garald needs to make a DC 20 defense save. One degree of failure is Hindered and Vulnerable Two degree of failure is Defenseless and Immobile
What should I use to make the check? Strength? Dodge?