[OOC] Four Horsemen [Finished]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen

Post by Flynnarrel »

I don't want to belabor Kaito's beliefs any more. The next thing you guys say will get him to go begrudgingly along with whatever.

I, the player, think that there is little to be learned from peripheral NPCs when the GM put so much into building up the rig encounter but debating is just delaying it even more.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have a closing statement in mind Garald wherein he gives Kaito, and you, an out. So that Kaito can do something else while Mike and Garald handle the next family if that is what you want. I intend to hold off so Doctor Malsyn can get something in though.

This probably won't be the last time Kaito's beliefs have to be defended. Mike is a monster. Garald is a sociopath. Compared to them Kaito is a white knight.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Info wise, you know based on the investigation that Mary Lou likely doesn't own the bracelet and when Mike gets the message back at 10pm you'll know Roger isn't immune to Mike's powers. So I am not going to say don't proceed with the interviews, but by process of elimination barring some no named person owning the bracelet you'll know who the owner is.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It isn't solely about finding out who owns has the bracelet. Garald wants to use hostages as a means of getting the bracelet without a fight … on an oil rig. Not saying it'll happen like that, but Garald is the kind of guy who wants to have a plan and at least one backup option that he doesn't have to improvise on the spot.
Last edited by Sakuro on Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sure, I get that. Planning for ways other than brawling it out is always good
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I just want to get the game moving along, not wishing to create in-party conflict
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm of a mind that some drama between PCs can be a good thing, unless it becomes unfun for one or more of the players. Flynnarrel has said that he wants to move on from the social friction, and I do not intend to prolong it. Letting us know you wanted to move on is good.

However, this is something that has been building since scene one. Kaito is someone who is trying to be a mostly good person and he's working with really bad people that do not have the same morality he does. While we don't need to draw it out when it happens, conflict is likely to arise by nature of those differences.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Drama is inherent in a villain type game. With heroes there is the unified let's do good. There might be disagreements, but everyone agrees to do some semblance of classical good. Evil has a much wider spectrum, despite all of the PCs being united in bringing about the end of the world. So, there is alot bigger spectrum for the PCs leading to possible conflicts of personalities more so than in a good guy or even anti hero game.

As Sakuro said, as long as everyone is having fun it's all good. If it's getting too much ooc is always a good outlet to let others know.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Which family gets a visit next?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Leon Cole's. We're skipping Roger Smith's, as Mike didn't want to cause potential issues for his next body.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm getting this impression you'r much rather us have moved onto the scene regarding the Oil Rig, Flynn. We'll try to make it really quick then.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Is everyone good to meet back up IC?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I thought you were going to kidnap Cole's family.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I didn't think that was the plan, was it?
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Sakuro wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:01 pm It isn't solely about finding out who owns has the bracelet. Garald wants to use hostages as a means of getting the bracelet without a fight … on an oil rig. Not saying it'll happen like that, but Garald is the kind of guy who wants to have a plan and at least one backup option that he doesn't have to improvise on the spot.