[OOC] Four Horsemen [Finished]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen - Recruiting

Post by mrdent12 »

Everyone to a degree is a power house defense and damage wise. The PCs are PL12 in an at most pl 7 world with only a few exceptions. Realistically, any serious threat to the PC's will use more than toughness attacks more often.

The NPCs will largely be drawn from my stable of PCs I've made before possibly with a few tweaks.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I just had the thought of how it's almost appropriate why Cognagion's natural bodily defenses are pretty low. His host body is essentially a completely normal human's, it's his force of personality that's super.

...Or maybe I'm just making excuses for why he's below cap in that area, hahaha.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 pm I'm just worried about overlap between the brick "deaths".
it shouldn't be too much of a worry my death is more of non combatant basically unless something or someone is supposed to die hes likely just to stand around observing,.

the terrifying thing for my death is when the other horsemen see him actually move then its should be an Oshit moment even for them
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think he meant how mine and Sakuro's characters have a similar backstory to their sin. If you squint and turn your head sideways.

Personally, I think it's different enough to not matter. Mine was spurned and burned by his own expectations. Sakuro's is a sociopath whose control broken when someone tried to manipulate him.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It'll be interesting to see which 4 Mrdent12 chooses from this eclectic cast of submissions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 pm My brick angel also plays with fire. :)
That is true, also. It is quite tough to come up with something unique! But Conflagration plays with all the energies (Variable Descriptor - 2) and does different things with them so I think there would be less overlap than between two bricks. On the other hand still liking Extinction as well...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll be shooting for a good mix of PCs. So even if you aren't a brick or can take a missile to the chest without blinking, you can do other stuff that is just as terrifying such as walk into a concert and have a thousand thralls or make a ravenous monster at will.

Of course, the more you exercise your power the more attention you draw to yourself, but that will be all part of the fun.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I think I have the OP updated with all the possible PC's. If I am missing any, let me know. I need to think on it tomorrow and will post the cast tomorrow night.
catsi563

Re: [OOC] Four Horsemen - Recruiting Closed

Post by catsi563 »

updated deaths bio still working on the powers and such
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries, I won't be making final choices until tomorrow night. The bio is looking promising so far. I am up for him thinking he saw the angel of death(who may or may not be an actual thing in the game as far as the PC's know for sure). I may have missed it, but his transformation would require some horrible thing he did to trigger it.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've updated Aeranel. She is more capable of wide destruction in this pass.

viewtopic.php?p=94558#p94558
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:44 am I may have missed it, but his transformation would require some horrible thing he did to trigger it.
that's just it he didn't do anything horrible at all. In a way hes the exception to the rule. all the others did horrible things and became aspects of the destruction.

But in Johns case there was no grand transformation or horrid act of atrocity. there was just this quiet very ordinary person who suddenly became one of the fundamental forces of the very universe itself.

A person who for all intents and purposes his life would be meaningless and quickly forgotten has become something that has the ultimate meaning and can never be forgotten

Catsi stories
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Hmm I was thinking the idea was more all humans are marked for death and while John Smith wouldn't just be homicidal/mass slaughter, he would still have done something that made him think the world is all marked for death even if it was as innocent as letting some people die when he could have easily helped due to his intent to stay out of things.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That gave me the mental image of a man standing by the shoreline, hands in pockets, face set in stone while watching as a small child a short ways off struggling to get back to shore after having fallen in. He didn't do anytning to this child, and yet somehow that's almost as terrible as pushing him in.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

In a way that's exactly what he is. He is in some ways the observer and in some ways the catalyst for death.

think the Final Destination movies as a real good example of how he works, hes the invisible force throughout the movies causing those rube goldbergian catastrophes. hes the guy watching a child drown in a swimming pool while its mother is mere feet away looking at her phone

Catsi stories