The Dirty [OOC]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bombshell

Re: The Dirty (M&M2e Recruiting)

Post by Bombshell »

McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pm I have a PL 10 character I could bust down to PL 8. I'll just post her as is so you'll get an idea of her crunch and fluff.

Anansi
Carolien ”Carol” Van Lunen
PL 10//150 pp/2e
Yeah, you'll have to bump this down to PL8. The extra points are fine. Minimum 120, maximum 180.
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmImage
Concept: Female Spider-man-expy with a mercenary attitude and thrill-seeking tendencies
A fine idea.
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmAbilites (30):
Str 18/26 (+4/+8) | Dex 18/26 (+4/+8) | Con 16/22 (+3/+6) | Int 10 (+0) | Wis 14 (+2) | Cha 14 (+2)
You noted Olylpic level gymnast, so I buy the physical stats. But her thrillseeking ways and her Wisdom seem at odds. Unless it's all a calculated act?
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmPowers (58):
Nimble: Enhanced Dexterity 8, Enhanced Attack 2, Enhanced Defense 2 [16]
Resilient and Strong: Enhanced Strength 8, Enhanced Constitution 6, Super-Strength 1 [24]
Spider Movement: Leaping 2, Super-Movement 3 (Swinging, Wall-crawling 2) [8]
Spider Senses: Super-Senses 6 (Danger Sense, Darkvision, Tremorsense) [6]
Nothing wrong with being a Spider-Man and having all these powers :mrgreen:
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmSkills (6): Acrobatics 2 (+10), Bluff 5 (+7), Climb 3 (+9), Language 2 (Afrikaans – Native, Dutch, English), Sense Motive 4 (+6), Notice 6 (+8), Stealth 2 (+10)
I do think an Olympic level gymnast needs a higher Acrobatics and/or Climb and/or Swim. 5 ranks is Professional when it comes to skill.
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmFeats (15): Acrobatic Bluff, Attack Specialization: Unarmed , Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus 5, Evasion, Improved Trip, Move-by Action, Redirect
I'm assuming the missing number on Attack Specialization is 3? Makes it add up. See below.
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmCombat (2): Atk +2 (+8 Unarmed) | Damage +8 (Unarmed) | Def +8 | Init +8
You have two enhanced Defense, Dodge Focus 2, and seeing as your Defense is 8, I'm assuming base Defense 4? Which equals up to 8, not 2.

Edit: Ignore this! Caught my mistake.
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmSaves (8): Fort +8, Ref +8, Tough +8, Will +8
So, 2 fort, 0 reflex, and 6 will. Do you want her to be that uniform? Spider types are usually big on the reflex. Also, "low" wisdom high will, is she a stubborn sort?
McGuffin wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:57 pmAbilities 30 + Powers 58 + Skills 6 + Feats 15 + Combat 8 + Saves 3 = 120

Complication: Motivation (Thrills)

Relationships (father Carl Van Lunen, brother Jacob Van Lunen)

Carolien Van Lunen is an Olympic level gymnast from a South African family with a tradition of service in armed forces. The Van Lunen family has served in various military outfits from the Navy to mercenary companies, from cavalry to guerrilla fighters. Her father, a notorious mercenary who has fought in many conflicts on the African continent, raised Carolien and her brother Jacob in a strict military fashion, drilling them from a young age in skills like survival and hand-to-hand combat. Carolien excelled at all things physical, having been blessed with a natural grace to her movements that made her particularly deadly.

Still, she didn’t take to her father’s no-nonsense attitude and strict military discipline, nor was she motivated by greed like Jacob. No, Carolien was in it for the thrills, the adrenaline rush that came from putting her life in danger and risking it all against increasingly dangerous opponents. She was an independent soul, who owed no allegiances to anyone except for herself.

Carolien has a playful personality which more serious mindsets might find difficult to work with. Still, although she has no trouble goofing off, making jokes or flirting with colleagues, she has shown herself to be every bit the born soldier her heritage would indicate her to be.
So, where did she get her powers from? How's the relations with the family as of now? What got her thrown in with the worst of the worst?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 am This seems like someone that would be in a Supermax prison :

Agent Elene Paros aka Erinyes, PL8/120 pp :

AbilitiesSTR 14 (+2) DEX 10 (+0) CON 16 (+3) INT 14 (+2) WIS 14 (+2) CHA 14 (+2) [ 22 pp]
Seems ok for the concept. I'm not sure if such a mythical beast would have such an average dex, but I'm no cryptozoologist either :mrgreen:
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amSkills [ 25 pp ] : Bluff 6 (+8), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Gather Info 3 (+5), Intimidate 5 (+7), Investigate 4 (+6), Computers 2 (+4), Know (Arcane Lore) 8 (+10), Know (History) 3 (+5), Know (Current Events) 3 (+5), Know (Streetwise) 5 (+7), Languages 4 (Greek native; English, German, Italian, French), Notice 6 (+8), Profession (Agent) 3 (+5), Search 6 (+8), Sense Motive 6 (+8), Disable Device 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+6), Craft (Artistic) 8 (+10), Craft (Chemical) 8 (+10), Craft (Structural) 2 (+4)
All this seems appropriate.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amFeats [ 10 pp] : Atk Spec (unarmed), Defensive Roll 2, Ritualist, Artificier, Improvised Tools, Well Informed, Dodge Focus 2, Beginner's Luck
Nothing sticking out here.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amCombat [ 22 pp] : Atk +5 (unarmed +7), Grapple +7/+14, Damage +2 (unarmed), +9 (unarmed)
Defense +6 , Knockback -1, Initiative +1/+5
Defense 18 (13 flat)
Weird format on the Defense, but is correct. Knockback should be -2/-1 (without), -4/-3 (with).
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amSaving Throws : Toughness +5/+3 (w/o Bracelet), +8/+6 (with) Fortitude +5, Reflex +5, Will +6 [ 11 pp]
Fine.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amPowers [ 33 pp ] :

Super Senses 4 : Detect Magic (Magical Awareness, Mental Detect Magic, Ranged,Acute) [ 4 pp]
Makes sense.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amEmotion Control 8 (Sense Dependent : Voice -1, Unreliable [5 uses] -1, Concentration -1) [ 3 pp]
I assume the recharge is resting her voice?
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amMystical Snake Bracelet [Hard to Lose Device 6]; Indestructible, Restricted (women only) [ 26 pp]

Protection 3 [ 3 pp]
Diehard [ 1 pp]
Improved Crit (unarmed) [ 1 pp]

Become The Erinyes : Alternate Form 5 (25 pp)
Enhanced STR +14 (+7 damage) [ 14 pp]
Enhanced Traits 5 : Improved Pin (-5 to escape), Chokehold, Grappling Finesse (CAN use DEX bonus, does not say MUST ! Retain Dodge while grappling), Move By Action, Improved Initiative
Flight 2 (Winged : Power Loss -1 pp) [ 3 pp]
Super Senses 3 : Sonar (Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing) [ 3 pp]
OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here, because I really don't like messing with people's ideas. But How about making the bracelet a Dumbo's Feather? like she doesn't need it, it's either a curse (for worse) or a psychosomatic that she needs it (for... better?). Again, it's fine in all. You can ignore this wholly :mrgreen:
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amDrawbacks :
Vulnerable (Magical Attacks, +1 to DC, Uncommon) -1 pp
One Way Transformation (Minor, Common) -2 pp
The second drawback is what caused me to think of the former advice!
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amAbilities 22 + Skills 25 + Feats 10 + Combat 22 + Saves 11 + Powers 33 + Drawbacks -3 = 120/120

Power Level : 8
Concept: Supernaturally boosted agent
Legal Status: Citizen of Greece
Identity: Public
Place of Birth: Volos, Periphery of Thessaly, Greece
Marital Status: single
Living Relatives: mother, father, older brother, younger sister
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 122 lbs
Eyes: Honey brown.
Hair: Black, long and wavy
Descriptive, nice.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amMotivation : Greed, Patriotism, Responsibility : Order ('sometimes the world needs an iron fist to make things right again !')
Despots from fictional countries agree!
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amComplications : Obsession (Artifacts and Arcane Lore)
So, they're not bribing you to do this. But I do enjoy this complication for other reasons :twisted:
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amBackground :

Elene Paros used to be an agent for the Greek government, working for a division few knew about. She used her ability to detect magic to help separate items into 'return to museum' or 'special considerations' processing.

But upon seeing too much of the darkside of the world, decided that something had to be done - like USE some of the items her government was hoarding to bring miscreants to heel.

So she began keeping a few items for her own personal study and use. And 'borrowing' others from secure vaults she knew about without consent.

But 'miscreants' soon meant 'anyone that disagrees with me or my methods'.

Greece was once the most enlightened and powerful of all civilizations; and, with enough effort to MAKE others realize this truth, she believed it could be again.

So she studied as much magic as she could, and figured out how all those items she used to confiscate actually worked. She could even make her own, given enough time. Plus so much more !

Unfortunately (in her view), there were more powerful 'heroes' out there to stop her missions to 'relieve' idiots of their magical items. She also discovered her vulnerability to magic the hard way; her sensitivity to it was what enabled her to detect it (even as a human), but it also allowed arcane energies to affect her more.
I mention you're thrown in, rightfully so, with the worst of the worst. I assume "stealing something" was only the gateway and The Erinyes did something super horrible.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amThe bracelet :
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/article ... 11/015.jpg
Pretty!
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Bombshell wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:35 am
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amEmotion Control 8 (Sense Dependent : Voice -1, Unreliable [5 uses] -1, Concentration -1) [ 3 pp]
I assume the recharge is resting her voice?
Pretty much; she can alter the pitch of her voice as part of using the power, but it is a strain.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amMystical Snake Bracelet [Hard to Lose Device 6]; Indestructible, Restricted (women only) [ 26 pp]

Protection 3 [ 3 pp]
Diehard [ 1 pp]
Improved Crit (unarmed) [ 1 pp]

Become The Erinyes : Alternate Form 5 (25 pp)
Enhanced STR +14 (+7 damage) [ 14 pp]
Enhanced Traits 5 : Improved Pin (-5 to escape), Chokehold, Grappling Finesse (CAN use DEX bonus, does not say MUST ! Retain Dodge while grappling), Move By Action, Improved Initiative
Flight 2 (Winged : Power Loss -1 pp) [ 3 pp]
Super Senses 3 : Sonar (Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing) [ 3 pp]
OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here, because I really don't like messing with people's ideas. But How about making the bracelet a Dumbo's Feather? like she doesn't need it, it's either a curse (for worse) or a psychosomatic that she needs it (for... better?). Again, it's fine in all. You can ignore this wholly :mrgreen:
She has 30 pp of effects for just 26 pp; it might only take a few games to earn that many and for her to realize she doesn't need the bracelet anymore.
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amMotivation : Greed, Patriotism, Responsibility : Order ('sometimes the world needs an iron fist to make things right again !')
Despots from fictional countries agree!
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amComplications : Obsession (Artifacts and Arcane Lore)
So, they're not bribing you to do this. But I do enjoy this complication for other reasons :twisted:
Prof Weird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:35 amBackground :

Elene Paros used to be an agent for the Greek government, working for a division few knew about. She used her ability to detect magic to help separate items into 'return to museum' or 'special considerations' processing.

But upon seeing too much of the darkside of the world, decided that something had to be done - like USE some of the items her government was hoarding to bring miscreants to heel.

So she began keeping a few items for her own personal study and use. And 'borrowing' others from secure vaults she knew about without consent.

But 'miscreants' soon meant 'anyone that disagrees with me or my methods'.

Greece was once the most enlightened and powerful of all civilizations; and, with enough effort to MAKE others realize this truth, she believed it could be again.

So she studied as much magic as she could, and figured out how all those items she used to confiscate actually worked. She could even make her own, given enough time. Plus so much more !

Unfortunately (in her view), there were more powerful 'heroes' out there to stop her missions to 'relieve' idiots of their magical items. She also discovered her vulnerability to magic the hard way; her sensitivity to it was what enabled her to detect it (even as a human), but it also allowed arcane energies to affect her more.
I mention you're thrown in, rightfully so, with the worst of the worst. I assume "stealing something" was only the gateway and The Erinyes did something super horrible.
Some of the people she tried to liberate items from were rather powerful politically if not magically. Try to eliminate a few wayward and foolish politicians, and all of a sudden everyone gets upset ! 8-)
McGuffin

Re: The Dirty (M&M2e, Recruiting until January 31)

Post by McGuffin »

I shuffled some things around on Anansi, she's now PL 8. Also fleshed out her background and complications.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I've made some changes to Manticore's build following the things we talked about, as well as dropping his Int a few points (as I intended him to be a bit mentally slow). I added some ranks of Fearsome Presence, some feats that let him work a grappling style of fighting and added another alternate off his super strength with Counter Punch. All of which brings Manticore up to 120 pts.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Submissions list:

Magenta, Margaret Francis Kane "Maggie" - Flynnarrel,
Manticore, Jack Cooper - Tattooedman
Anansi, Carolien ”Carol” Van Lunen - McGuffin
Erinyes, Ex-Agent Elene Paros - Prof Weird
Tugarin, Leon Chekov - Poodle
Blaze, Erin Troake - Captain Chaos

Feel free to copy for the first page.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Thank you, Flynnarrel.

Seeing as there's six applications, I will have to cut one or two of you. I will be working on Tugarin's and Blaze's evaluations when I get home. Good(?) news is I will be available this weekend. Knock on wood.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Gulp...
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Modified Magenta. Removed Nullify from the array. Made the suit a Device with a feature that it provides some metal for some of her abilities (not all). Made her 'shield' more of a collection of metal that orbits her responding to incoming attacks (or her cape when she's in the suit). This is more in-line to how I saw that power working anyhow.

Thank you for the opportunity to bring the build closer to what I envision in my head.

[She still only has Second chance to Mind Control as the Violet personality is too buried to 'share the load' for incoming Mental Blasts or whatnot.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 am Tugarin
Imagelii

Power Level: 8 (120/120PP)
Unspent Power Points: 0
Trade-Offs: +2 Attack / - 2 Damage, - 2 Defense /+2 Toughness

In Brief: ex-hitman looking for redemption. :
Catchphrase. Catchphrases are for amateurs.
Theme: Songs for sorrow by Gorecki

Alternate Identity: Leon Chekov: (Secret)
Birthplace: Ebyakh,Siberia
Family: Father Pietr Vladunov-retired ex-policeman from kharkiv, Mother Ludmilla Vladunov - housewife from Kharkiv, Sister Anastasia Tajik -nurse Kyiv general hospital, Ivan Vladunov, junkie and petty criminal, Kamcha Vladunov, brother soldier, nephews and nieces too numerous to mention.

Description:
Apparent Age:40's.
Ethnicity: slavic
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 260lbs
Eyes: grey
Hair: sandy hair

Leon is a solidly built man with short sandy hair and cold grey eyes that don't seem to miss much. He has many small scars on his face and arms. He tends to wear well-worn jeans and work boots with a flannel shirt and a jacket, baseball cap and dark glasses.

History:
Leon grew up in a small rural village in Siberia deep in the heart of the Taiga. Far from the cities the old ways and beliefs were kept alive. The only ways out were the army or crime. Leon chose the army, and ended up going from special forces to mercenary. He fought in every nasty war there was along the way. When his squad recieved a direct hit by a mortar crew Leon woke up somewhere else, a strange dark forest, watched by animals.
'Am I dead?' he thought to himself. This didn't seem like heaven or hell, besides he wasn't ready to be dead yet. He knew who the ancient crone crouched nearby was. "Baba Yaga!" The ancient hag smiled down at him. "You can call me Babushka." She poked him in the chest with a bony finger. "So my vnuk. You must make a choice. Do you want to stay here in peace or go back to a world of pain, and killing?"
"I am not ready for the grave yet, send me back."
"So be it, but if you go back know that you will be my wolf from this day on. I will teach you the old ways and in return I will ask you to do jobs for me from time to time."
"Da Babushka. I give my word."
The dark wood around him faded away and he found himself back on the battlefield, bleeding from shrapnel wounds. He could hear Baba Yaga's voice in his head, teaching him the words to say. When he repeated them he saw his wounds miraculously start to heal, spitting out the shrapnel. Baba Yaga came to him in dreams and taught him more of the old magic and some of his history. She claimed he was one of her direct descendents. He soon became tired of mercenary life and became a sought-after hitman.
His dark knowledge helped him achieve success. Business was good, too good. Not everyone saw what he did as a simple transaction, some took it personally. They were the ones who betrayed him and caused to be incarcerated.

Personality & Motivation:
Leon is a professional. He likes to get a job done. If he says he will do something he will do it. He is determined. He is not a smooth talker or a charmer and tends to prefer simple direct action.

He is trying to keep his family safe and preserve the Baba Yaga bloodline.

Powers & Tactics
He prefers to attack from a distance and using surprise, softening up his opponents with different sorts of grenades. He will lay down covering fire while his team mates go in for the heavy hitting. Although he can take on ordinary humans in hand-to-hand he is aware of his limitations against super-powered individuals. He uses his magic to give him an unexpected edge.

Power Descriptions:
Leon is a soldier who uses magic to shape change, heal himself and aid in combat.

Complications:
More than just business. Some people took exception to Leon doing his job and want to get vengeance on him.
Priests are the lowest form of life. Leon has inherited Baba Yaga's prejudice against the church. She blames them for the witch hunts and driving the old ones into hiding.
Protect the bloodlines. Leon has been tasked with protecting his family and the Baba Yaga bloodline.
My word is my bond. Leon will do anything to keep his word even if he takes on a job that is too big for him to handle or wasn't given all the information.
Oath of Duty. Leon has vowed to serve Baba Yaga and sometimes her interests conflict with his own.
Having the actual Baba Yaga. This is a bit over the top. I'm fine with it! :lol:
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amAbilities: 6pp + 6pp + 6pp + 0pp + 10pp+ 0pp = 28PP
Strength: 16 (+3)
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 16(+3)
Intelligence: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 20 (+5)
Charisma: 10 (+0)
With that much base Wisdom, I'm going to ask for an explanation.What gives him that much insight. 14-16 is gifted. 20 is verging on one of the best. And he has it unmodified as a 20?
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amCombat: 16pp (2PP / Base Attack) + 16pp(2PP / Base Defense) = 32PP
Initiative: +11
Attack: +8 Melee, +10 Ranged
Defense: +8 (+8 Base, +0 Dodge Focus), +4 Flat-Footed
Grapple: +15
Knockback: -6
I buy this, given his background. Grapple is is off, melee attack plus strength is less than 15. Knockback should be noted when flatfooted and not wearing vest.
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amSaving Throws: +3 (1PP / Fortitude) + 2 (1PP / Reflex) + 3 (1PP / Will) = 8PP
Toughness: +10 (+3 Con, +7 [tactical vest (protection+4), Defensive Roll 3 (+3)])
Fortitude: +10 (+3 Con, +3)
Reflex: +5 (+3 Dex, +2)
Will: +8 (+5 Wis, +3)
Protection from equipment does not stack with any other types of Protection. How are you getting 10 Fortitude with 3+3?
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amSkills: 48R = 12PP (1PP = 4 Skill ranks)
Disable device 8(+8) +0 Int
Knowledge: arcane 12
Knowledge: streetwise 4(+4) +0 Int
Languages4: Russian(native), Arabic, English, Spanish, Afrikaans.
Notice 8(+13) +5 wisdom
Search 4(+4) +0 Int.
Stealth 8(+11/*+16 ) +3 Dex, *+5 in urban camo.
Basic, nice.
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amFeats: 31PP
All-out attack [trade defence for attack bonus] (1pp)
Attack Focus: ranged 2(2pp)
Defensive attack [trade up to -5 on attack to add as a dodge bonus to defence] (1pp)
Defensive Roll3 (3pp)
Diehard (1pp)
Elusive target (1pp}
Equipment 7(7pp)
Evasion 2 [half damage on failed reflex save vs area attacks] (2pp)
Fearless (1pp}
Improved aim (1pp)
Improved initiative 2 [+8] (3pp)
Jack-of-all-trades [use any skill untrained] (1pp)
Power Attack [trade attack bonus for DC of attack] (1pp)
Precise shot 2 [ignores defence for anything less than total cover and the miss chance for anything less than total concealment] (2pp)
Quick draw2 [draw and reload weapon as free action] (2pp)
Ritualist (1pp)
Ultimate aim [spend a hero point to get a 20 on an aim roll](1pp)
No questions here.
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amEquipment: 7PP= 35EP (1 rank of the Equipment Feat = 5 'Equipment Points')
Battle Harness [35EP]
Ash 12.7 calibre assault rifle Blast6,Extra:Autofire, Extra: Penetrating, PF: Subtle, PF: non-lethal ammo
-AP Silenced Grenade Launcher Blast 6 (Extra:Area, Extra: penetrating5, PF: Subtle)
-AP Tranquiliser pistol(Fatigue 6, Extra:ranged, Power feat:subtle)
[Battle harness EP=28]

Camo Clothing:urban (+5 to stealth in urban conditions) [1EP]
Tac Vest (Protection 4), PF: Subtle [5EP]
Night vision goggles [1EP]
I'm pretty sure "nonlethal ammo" means "Stunning Attack"? If not, explain. And as I said above, Protection from equipment doesn't stack.

Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amPowers:
Magic. 11pp
The trickster's pockets. Dimensional Pocket4. 1000lbs(8pp)
-AP Sword of the Bhoyar: Weapon Summoning4, Summon Sword Strike 5, Extra: Penetrating, Flaw: limited dismissal, PF:mighty, PF: Improved Critical4 16-20
--AP Weapon Summoning Tainted Bow of the Tartar Blast 5, Extra: Incurable Flaw: limited dismissal(1pp)
-AP Winters touch: Drain Toughness8 (1pp)
-AP Cloak of Kutkh: Morph 2(animal forms only) PF:Metamorph Great Russian Bear, PF: Metamorph (Winter Wolf), PF: Metamorph (Kutkh the Trickster)(1pp)
So, I've been thinking. This array is a bit loaded. If it were only weapons based or only shapeshifting based, I think I'd be fine. Or maybe if it were just generic spells. Right now it doesn't sit well. I'd rather you choose a theme.

If you do go shapeshifting based and keep the Metamorph feats, I'd like them to be more an actual change into animals. Metamorph is less an alternate form and more an AP for your whole character. The Hulk is not Bruce Banner. You know?
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amDrawbacks. Must be able to speak and gesture to cast spells -2
Nitpicky, but i think this should be on the magic power itself.
Poodle wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 amDC Block
ATTACK RANGE SAVE EFFECT
Ash 12.7 Ranged DC 21 Toughness vs Damage (ballistic)
grenade DC21 toughness vs damage
Tranq pistol Ranged DC 16 Will save vs paralyse
Grenade DC 21 Toughness save
Sword of the Bhoyar DC 23
Tainted bow of the Tartar DC 20
Unarmed Touch DC 18 Toughness vs Damage

Totals: Abilities (28pp) + Combat (32pp) + Saving Throws (8pp) + Skills (12) + Feats (31pp) + Powers (11pp) - Drawbacks (2) = 120/120
And last but not least...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 am Here is my build. I was playing around with a couple of different ideas and settled on this one, a half demon. Background and Complications/Motivations to follow.

Blaze
aka: Erin Troake
Age 26
Not that it curries you any favor, but I'm a fan of demon ladies :lol:
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amPower Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

Abilities: STR: +3 (16), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +3 (16), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +2 (14)

Saves: Tough: +8, Fort: +8, Ref: +7, Will: +7
Looks about right.
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amSkills: Bluff 8 (+10), Concentration 8 (+8), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Gather Information 4 (+6), Intimidate 8 (+10), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+5), Knowledge (behavioral science) 4 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 4 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 4 (+5), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 4 (+5), Notice 8 (+8), Search 4 (+5), Sense Motive 8 (+8)
I question the Streetwise, also the amount of Concentration she has. Remember, 5 or more ranks is very trained in the matter.
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amFeats: Attack Focus (ranged) 4, Attractive (+4), Dodge Focus 3, Endurance (+4), Fearless, Improved Initiative
Good.
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amPowers:
Comprehend 2 (languages - understand all, languages - you're understood)
Demon Physiology (Immunity 10) (life support, sleep; Limited - Half Effect)
Demon Skin (Protection 5) (+5 Toughness)
Demonic Eyesight (Super-Senses 3) (darkvision, infravision)
Normal stuff for a demon.
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amHellfire Control 8 (DC 23)
AP: Hellfire Burst (Blast 5) (Alternate; DC 20; Burst Area (25 ft. radius); Affects Insubstantial (half ranks))
AP: Hellfire Creations (Create Object 8) (Alternate; Max Size: 8x 5' cubes, DC 18)
AP: Hellfire Weapons (Strike 5) (Alternate; DC 23; Penetrating; Accurate 2 (+4), Mighty)
Can she make hammers, swords, and other types of damage? Or is it just Hellfire all the way, no matter what?
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amHuman form (Morph 2) (morph: single appearance, +10 Disguise; Action (Power Use))
Immunity 5 (damage type: Fire)
More demon biology :twisted:
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amAttack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +4, Grapple: +7)

Attacks: Hellfire Burst (Blast 5) (DC 20), Hellfire Control 8, +8 (DC 23), Hellfire Weapons (Strike 5), +8 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 18)
Burst should be two saves, a reflex and a toughness. But we all know this.
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amDefense: +8 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +6

Drawbacks: Vulnerable, uncommon, moderate, Holy Attacks,
Weakness, uncommon, minor, Holy Ground +2
Weakness, uncommon, minor, Holy Water (Drains Constitution, must be fully exposed, for example, bath, shower, pool)
What is +2 supposed to signify? Can you break down the costs of each?
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amComplications:

Phobia: Nuns. Having attended Catholic school until high school, the nuns were well known for dishing out harsh punishment for any perceived transgression, no matter how minor. Even now, with all her power, Blaze will reflexively flinch when approached by a nun.

Motivation: Power. Since becoming Blaze, Erin has become addicted to power and how it makes her feel.

Motivation: Instilling fear. Blaze loves to be feared. Growing up, she was taught it was better to be loved than hated. She has learned that she had been lied to all her life.

Languages: English
All standard. Which is OK!
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amTotals: Abilities 22 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 42 + Combat 18 + Saves 17 - Drawbacks 8 = 120
CaptainChaos wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:16 amBackground:

Erin Troake grew up as an only child raised by her mother. She never knew her biological father and every time she asked her mother about him, she said she couldn’t remember much. Her mother enrolled Erin in Catholic school, insisting that the teachings of the bible would help guide her through life.

Erin found the stories in the bible interesting but often asked why God was always punishing people. Acts like turning Lot’s wife into a pillar of salt, causing a flood that wiped out thousands of people, and sending plagues to Egypt didn’t sound like what someone who was supposed to be forgiving should do. Still, the nuns and priests insisted that God only did those things to people who were bad, disobeyed, or broke God’s law. To a young Erin, that answer made some sense as she knew the police punished people that broke the law.

Erin went to church every week, prayed every night, and even started doing did volunteer work for the church as a teen by visiting the elderly and in-firmed to provide comfort and friendship. All in all, Erin led a rather dull, but faithful life.

When her mother became seriously ill with cancer shortly after she graduated from college, Erin prayed to God to make her well again. Erin took time off as often as possible from her job as a social worker to help tend to her mother. As her other gradually became more and more ill, Erin began to doubt her faith. If God was so powerful, why would he not heal her mother? She was a dutiful servant, praying daily, going to church, helping others, and more. Why were her prayers being ignored? Still, Erin did her best not to lose faith.

On the day her mother died, Erin cried all day. Other family members took care of all the funeral arrangements. Erin went to church to talk to her priest. Why? Why did her mother have to die? The priest did his best to comfort her but just kept saying that her mother was in a better place now and that everything would be alright.

Over the next few weeks, Erin did a lot of soul searching. It was all so confusing. If God was so powerful, why did he let good people like her mother die so young? Why were there constant wars and armed conflicts all over the world? Why were bad people allowed to continue to live unpunished? So many things that she had not really thought about before were now running through her mind.

Erin returned to work and continued to attend church and volunteer but it just wasn’t the same. She felt empty, unfulfilled, as if her life had no meaning anymore. One night on her way to the subway after work, she was approached by a handsome gentleman. He apologized for the inconvenience but said he needed to talk to her about her father. Curious, Erin agreed to listen to the man. He suggested they talk at the nearby coffee shop so Erin followed him there. Once inside, they ordered drinks and sandwiches. The man introduced himself as Alastor and said he had information about her father. He told her that her father was a demon like himself. Erin told him to stop lying, that demons were evil and caused people to do bad things. Alastor insisted that demons were not entirely to blame and that humans were very good at causing their own problems. He then asked her how good her God really was. After all, he explained, God rarely helped anyone, especially her. He explained that he knew all about Erin’s prayers for her mother to get well, prayers that went unanswered. How could a benevolent God allow such a thing to happen to one of his followers? Surely someone as kind and helpful as Erin deserved better?

All the things Erin had been thinking about lately came flooding back to her mind. This man, Alastor, was voicing the same concerns she had been thinking about lately. Could they be true? Did God not really care about his devoted followers? The two talked for a long time. Eventually Alastor suggested Erin come with him if she wanted to learn the truth. She agreed and they left the café and entered a nearby alley. Under normal circumstances Erin would not have followed a stranger into an alley but something deep inside her said it was safe.

Once away from prying eyes Alastor closed his eyes and concentrated. Within seconds his form changed. Instead of an attractive human male, standing in from of Erin was now a male demon complete with horns, tail, and wings. Alastor told Erin that he was her real father and that she was half demon. He told her that if she tried, she could unleash her true self and have more power than any other mortal. Erin’s mind was spinning. Could this be true? Was she really the offspring of a demon and a human? Is that why her mother never told her anything about her father? Erin didn’t know what to believe anymore.

Alastor suggested that Erin go home and think about everything. When she was ready, he said, he would be there to help her realize her true self. Erin staggered out of the alley and headed for the subway station. She walked on autopilot, not paying much attention to anyone or anything around her. That was a mistake. Just a few blocks away a mugger grabbed her and dragged her into the alley. Her grabbed her purse and forced her against the wall. He told her to be quiet and she wouldn’t get hurt. When the mugger started tearing her clothes, Erin lost her mind. All her pent up anger was unleashed. Her body transformed much to the shock of the mugger. Within seconds Erin changed into a more demonic form. She unleashed her anger on the mugger, breaking numerous bones and slashing him with her claws. Her onslaught continued until he was dead. The being was known as Erin then casually strolled out of the alley and headed back to where she had left Alastor.

“That didn’t take long.” He commented.
“Shut up and tell me everything.”
Alastor simply nodded in response.

Soon the news was filled with stories of a demonic looking villain rampaging across the city. Businesses large and small were targeted. Churches were attacked and burned. Hero after hero tried to stop her. Finally one did. It was an epic battle that was shown on every news outlet in the country. When she was subdued they asked her name. She replied with only one word, Blaze.
No confliction here :twisted:
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I will review the skill ranks. For Streetwise, I figured between her social work and criminal career she would have learned who the important gangs and other criminals in the city were. Concentration I can see might be a bit high. I will drop some ranks and put them into a different skill.

The Hellfire Weapons is just another name for the Strike alternate power listed under Hellfire Control in the Ultimate Power book allowing you to create melee weapons from hellfire.
Strike: You can form melee weapons out of hellfire such as swords, whips, or tridents, inflicting damage equal to your power rank as a melee attack. Since this power costs 1 point per rank, but is limited by power level, the GM may allow such hellfire weapons to have extras like Penetrating.

I used Hero Lab for the build so the drawbacks may not be calculated properly. This is what I had in mind:

Weakness-Holy Ground. Minor resulting in a cumulative -1 to defenses. Value is +1 for uncommon and +1 for affects every 5 minutes instead if the standard 20 minutes.
Weakness-Holy Water. Drains Constitution. +1 for uncommon, +1 for drains constitution, +1 for affects every 5 minutes.
Vulnerable-Holy Attacks, moderate. Results in increasing save DC by 50%. +1 for uncommon, +1 for moderate.

I don't have access to my laptop with Hero Lab for a few days so the above values are estimates based on the book and what I have in mind.

Hope this helps explain things. Let me know if I miscalculated the drawback values.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Tugarin's wisdom is lowered to 18.
His toughness was lowered to 8 and his defensive roll increased to 5 to replace his tac vest.
His favourite rituals were added.
His equipment was simplified, although he added flashbang to his arsenal.
His active magic was reduced to weapon summoning.
A drawback was added of mild vulberability to magic.
Last edited by Poodle on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

You don't have to redo the sheet every time. Edit your original, then say what you changed in a new post, like everyone else please.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I made a few tweaks to Blaze. I lowered Streetwise to 2 ranks, added Acrobatics at 2 ranks, lowered Concentration to 4 ranks from 8, and added Perform: Singing at 4 ranks. It would be reasonable for the character to have been a member of the church choir.