The Dirty [OOC]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bombshell

Re: The Dirty (M&M2e, Recruiting until January 31)

Post by Bombshell »

As much as I would like to keep all of you, bigger games aren't my thing.

Magenta by Flynnarrel
Manticore by Tattooedman
Anansi by McGuffin
Blaze by CaptainChaos

Thank you Prof Weird and Poodle. If someone wants/needs to pull out, I can will be contacting you personally, if you wish.
Bombshell

Re: The Dirty [OOC]

Post by Bombshell »

Before we start, I'd like you to clean up your stories and builds. Also, I'd like to see how your character feels about the others. You all have been sharing the same abode (the Super Max Prison on the Moon) for at least two years. Word travels about the biggest and the baddest in that amount of time. It doesn't have to be a whole lot, but a few sentences or more on your thoughts of each of your new teammates. This will be prior to you meeting them, if you're not already buddy buddy or at each other's throats.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Captain Chaos, can I run this story by you? Feel free to input or suggest change, Bombshell too if it doesn't seem feasible:

When Blaze and Violet first met it did not go well. The demoness with a penchant for instilling fear and the certifiable psychopath naturally postured to see who was 'top bitch' of the prison (or at least of them two). After the shouts and escalation reached a fevered pitch, Violet showed no regard for personal safety or sense by ripping through the wall behind Blaze (and several other walls/equipment besides) to expose the large dining hall to lunar atmosphere. Few were prepared for the loss of pressure and movement of escaping air. Violet used that moment of distraction and, of all the things the powerful Magnetic Manipulator could have done, she BIT into Blaze's thigh, tearing a hunk of flesh off.
The Guards established control quickly and restored order (Violet's plasticene shock collar and Blaze's Holy Water Mist release device went off) but not before Blaze earned much favor with the Administration by sealing the breaches with solidified Hellfire. Violet, however, got a month in solitary and severely restricted amenities for her troubles (while they reinforced the prison and closed whatever weak point let Violet do this in the first place).
The two women avoided (and were encouraged to do so) each other after that until Violet disappeared from general view 8 months ago.
Though the few times they saw each other Violet would lick her lips and coo or mouth the word "Spicy....."
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Interesting....I can definitely see the two of them having a rivalry as to who was the top bitch of the prison. Blaze saving the other inmates makes some sense. If there are no other inmates, then there is no one to fear her or be potential lackeys.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

She was also saving herself...
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Details, details. :)
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Thank you for being chosen for this game, I look forward to playing in it.

As for what Carol thinks of the others? She's likely poked and prodded (either verbally and mentally or physically) all of them at least once to get a reaction from them and get a feel for them. Manticore she might have dismissed as a simple brute before based on his reputation, useful but not interesting. This new development has her curious though, although she I'd imagine her calling him to lighten up and enjoy himself a little.

Blaze she'd find interesting, at least in so far as her potential to cause damage is concerned. Carol's not one for big moral questions about good and evil and she'd likely snark at the half-demon about it occasionally. Violet likewise was interesting to Carol and her disappearance from Gen Pop would have definitely caught her attention. Carol likely wouldn't get along with Magenta as she'd find her too boring and too much of a goody two-shoes. She might even try to goad her into breaking out of whatever they did to her.

That said, depending on the timelines of when we start the game and how long Manticore and Magenta have been treated by Doctor Harris, I can imagine Carol having an aversion to the good doctor, not seeing anything in herself that needed changing and not being keen on the prison changing her against her will.

Anansi doesn't feel the need to puff herself up or take charge, she's quite happy to work for someone else as long as she gets the respect she feels she deserves and things remain sufficiently interesting for her.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Manticore:

Violet dismissed him.

Maggie has had the opportunity to befriend and commiserate with him over the several months since she's started her treatments. She's aided Dr. Harris by reading to/with the hulking mutant to help him regain some of the atrophied intelligence. It is he that Maggie would gravitate towards in the absence of Dr. Harris.

Blaze:

Violet hated her with a passion that was pure ecstasy to the being who considered herself an artist of the emotion of hatred. THIS.

Maggie hasn't seen her yet but regrets what transpired between them in the past and will look forward to the opportunity to make it up to her with apologies and possibly muffins.

Anansi:

Violet made it perfectly clear that the thing she would find most amusing about the trickster would be checking the color of her entrails. If she persisted or regularly bothered the murderess then Violet would happily attempt to make good on her amusement-seeking at the mercenary's expense and detriment. But hey, Anansi got a warning, which is more than most get. Maybe Violet liked her.

Maggie hasn't seen Anansi yet but she will wonder at the source of the woman's pain that she hides with humor. She'll try to be a sympathetic listener. When Carol continually tries to get her to 'break out', Maggie will, by necessity, stop hanging around her. She can't let all of Dr. Harris's good work be undone.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Manticore:

The man is a simple brute thug. Strong and potentially useful but not someone to have an intellectual discussion with. When Blaze gets out of this place, she would consider bringing Manticore with her. He would make an excellent lackey.

Anansi: A nimble little thing. She doesn't seem to have much loyalty to anyone. If Anansi could be convinced to offer her loyalty to Blaze, she would be very useful.

Violet: Words cannot begin to describe the feelings Blaze has for her. The bitch dared to challenge Blaze's obvious superiority. Worse yet, she actually bit Blaze. Blaze wants her head on a platter, preferably with garnish. If Violet came to her senses, knelt before Blaze, and professed her loyalty to her, then maybe she would be allowed to live.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Speaking of, Bombshell, do you need us to adjust our builds, backgrounds, or personalities to better fit with your game?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Ok... That sucks.
Oh well, good luck with your game.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Thanks for choosing Manticore for the game, good gaming wishes to those who weren't picked.

Things have been ….. let's say busy here the last few days at my job. So I will sit down tonight and work on Manticore's views on the other PCs.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:21 am Speaking of, Bombshell, do you need us to adjust our builds, backgrounds, or personalities to better fit with your game?
That would be cool. I like when characters fit in with the world. I'm giving you open reign on what your history is with the world. I aimed you guys at the big guns.So you have some big clout when it comes to the villain community.

I'm making it up as I go. The whole world police Justice League, mutants with auras of 'wrong', and super gangs were something I thought would be cool. If any of you have something you want for the setting, run it by me and we'll talk about it!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

CaptainChaos wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:44 pm Violet: Words cannot begin to describe the feelings Blaze has for her. The bitch dared to challenge Blaze's obvious superiority. Worse yet, she actually bit Blaze. Blaze wants her head on a platter, preferably with garnish. If Violet came to her senses, knelt before Blaze, and professed her loyalty to her, then maybe she would be allowed to live.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:31 pm Manticore:

Violet dismissed him.

Maggie has had the opportunity to befriend and commiserate with him over the several months since she's started her treatments. She's aided Dr. Harris by reading to/with the hulking mutant to help him regain some of the atrophied intelligence. It is he that Maggie would gravitate towards in the absence of Dr. Harris.
So, what's this like?
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:55 pm Thanks for choosing Manticore for the game, good gaming wishes to those who weren't picked.

Things have been ….. let's say busy here the last few days at my job. So I will sit down tonight and work on Manticore's views on the other PCs.
Work has been keeping me from being more active here also. I will try to keep you guys engaged as much as I can once everything starts.