The Dirty [OOC]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bombshell

Re: The Dirty (M&M2e, Recruiting until January 31)

Post by Bombshell »

I have limited time on the weekends, but I will be checking in at least once!
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Make a few tweaks to my submission. Deleted the Hellfire Strike and replaced it with Hellfire Creations. Also added Affects Insubstantial to the Hellfire area burst, Penetrating to the Hellfire Weapons, Immunity to Fire and Own Powers, and another drawback: Weakness to Holy Water. Please review and advise if I need to change anything if it doesn't fit with the game.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The max you can have in drawbacks is recommended as the PL of the campaign.
"Something pithy this way comes."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Okay. I will adjust my build
Thank you.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Tweaked Erinyes a bit - reduced some stats to gain a power OUTSIDE the bracelet (so she's not quite as weak without it). Figure she's been wearing the thing for so long that some of its mystical energies soaked into her.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Made some more final tweaks to Blaze with grateful thanks to Flynnarrel for the suggestions.
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Sorry I didn't have the time this weekend I thought I did. I will be looking at sheets closer during the week.

If anyone else wants to get in on this, feel free!
Bombshell

Re: The Dirty (M&M2e Recruiting)

Post by Bombshell »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amHer parents having died in one of the many super-powered fights that occurred in and around the city Margaret Francis Kane was orphan and ward of the courts, in and out of the system and foster homes and generally harboring a growing hatred for the world from an early age.

Her psychic powers emerged when her petty criminal boyfriend, just having robbed a convenience store in order to impress one of the city's many criminal gangs, and driving recklessly to avoid capture by the cops, wrapped his car around a telephone pole. Though her boyfriend was killed a vaguely reddish-blue force seemed to surround Margaret keeping the jagged metal and broken glass off of her. She fled the scene, finding that she could take to the air on broken parts of the engine block, and finding that bullets mostly bounced off the shield surrounding her.

She resented the big gangs as much as the cops and avoided recruitment attempts, keeping to small gangs of rougher and rougher people, lending her powers to more and more daring heists. She enjoyed the terror in her victims' eyes almost as much as tearing vault doors off their hinges and killing alarm systems. She took the name 'Violet' after the color that her powers manifest as, and how similar it sounded to 'Violent'.

Eventually she was caught and locked away in a facility for powered criminals. A psychiatrist, Dr. Paul Harris, armed with a Trancranial Magnetic Stimulator and... result-driven ethics, discovered that he could tamper with the magnified magnetic fields of Margaret's mind. Over several months he reversed the polaric pathways of her brain and found her becoming less violent and less anti-establishment driven. A previously lazy ethic became hard-working and driven. She discovered remorse and asked for the chance to work *with* the law enforcement as 'Magenta' - an eager to be helpful reformed "honest" member of society.

The woman that she is today is cheerful and eager with an almost too-wide smile that, when she's gone too long between treatments, starts to crack around the edges. She's been studying psychiatric nursing to be able to help others as she's been helped.
So, later on in the thread, you said that they took her away from gen pop a little over half a year ago. Which is fine. Once I assemble the group though, I want you to have in mind if she's interacted with any of the others on the team.

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amMagenta/Violet
A little on the nose, but hey, multiverse, I guess :mrgreen:
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amImage
Just after her arrest.

Today, after months of successful treatments.
I'm guessing this is the same person. If not... good finds?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amComplications:
Reputation - Some people remember her deeds as Violet. Overcoming those prejudice's may be too much to bear. Many may assume she's elaborately faking, unable to fathom how a psycho can turn such a drastic new leaf.

Recognizable - Although MUCH more readily identifiable in her mylar suit, the criminal justice system did nothing to preserve any semblance of privacy surrounding her publicized trial. Even without being suited up she may be recognized.
I like when Complications give me story ideas on top of the requisite HP dumps!
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amTreatments - Margaret needs weekly, if not daily (if under stress) sessions in the TMS machine.
This, however, might be too dangerous. Out in the field there will be things other than combat, but you will be dealing with up to four other psychopaths/sociopaths.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amDr. Paul Harris - Margaret thinks the best of Dr. Harris but who knows what his full agenda might be.
"The best" as in working relation, friend, love, or second family?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amViolet - there is still that needling dark voice of Violet in her head. It could distract her at key times.
Is Violet a second entity or split personality. Do they know what each other does, if so?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amNeeds metal - her Flight and many of her powers require metal in the environment. Magenta's law-abiding nature make her hesitant to use Traffic signs and fire hydrants and otherwise cause destruction of private or city property. If she does use any environmental metal, she'll try to put it back at the end of it's use.
While this is an acceptable complication, I don't think 'black ops mission to dangerous areas' would trigger it much.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amMagenta PL8, 120
ST 8 DX 16 CN 14 IN 10 WS 14 CH 10 [12pp]
10 is average, 8 being a child, 14-16 being gifted. Your stats are your descriptors in some cases, especially physically. With her story, do you see her being gifted at Wisdom? Physically, is she super limber or just fast hands? Maybe both? Something to think about.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amOffenses/Defenses:
init: +7
Grapple: +1
Saves: Ref 3+3=6 Will 2+5=7 Fort 2+3=5 [11pp]
With her having such good will, I'm assuming the machine that made her a 'good' person is a lot stronger than her. It's more a plot thing, I know. However, i see her as the stubborn sort (is she?) which make high will and lower wisdom work for me.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAttack (Max6) 2[4pp] / +4 Ranged / +6 Accurate ranged
Defense (max 8) 4 [8pp] +4shield, 2 if flat footed
Damage(Max10)
Toughness (Max 8) 2con+6ionforcefield
This is fine.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amFeats: Attack Focus-Ranged 2, Luck, Attractive, Well-informed, Equipment 2, Improved initiative, Move-By-Action, Second Chance (Mind Control) [10pp]
I assume Second Chace is from her mental conditioning from the machine. But if so, why just Mind Control? Any mental powers could cause her to break. I'm not sayin it'll happen right out of the gate though.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amEquipment: Thermal Mylar suit; Immunity Environmental Cold/Hot(Half effect) 1ep, Quick Change 1ep, Large Shield, collapsible(subtle) 8ep,
* The entire costume is made from an experimental solar balloon she stole from JPL that is held together by her powers. Even the shield is a single piece of the material held rigid in a defensive position by her powers.
This all seems like stuff you can't get off the shelf.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amSkills: Knowledge-Current Events 2, Gather Information 8(+8), Diplomacy 8(+8/+12), Bluff 8(+8/+12), Notice 4(+6), Concentration 8(+10), Sense Motive 6(+8), Disable Device +10, Medicine 2(+4) [14pp]
The Gather Information and Diplomacy, how's she so good at it?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amMagnetic control Extras Area- burst, Selective Attack, Feats: Subtle, Precise, PR8 [34pp+ 8AP]
Before I start this, it may be my screen (which is a laptop), but the whole array is really hard to read all scrunched together.

This power is OK. How is it Subtle?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Extend my metal Will; Move Object, Extra: Damaging, Feats: Accurate, Subtle, Precise, Improved pin, Ranged Pin, Drawback: requires Metal pr10
{Magenta uses metal to surround, cradle, or manipulate other things. She can also hit, Grapple, Trip, or Disarm with her metal objects.}
This power is OK. Same question!
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Blast, Extras: Autofire, Feats: Accurate, Indirect 3, Precise, Drawback: requires Metal pr10, {many small pieces of jagged metal fly toward target at bullet speed.}
This power is OK.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Blast, Extra Penetrating, Feats: Accurate, Precise, Affects Insubstantial, improved critical {19-20}, pr10 {A bolt of Magnetic Force slams into target.}
This power is OK.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Transcranial Magnetic Scramble; Stun, Extras: Area-Cone, Secondary Effect, Feats: Reversible, Affects Insubstantial 1, Free Modifier: Alternate Save (Will), pr 8 (34pp)
This power is OK.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 am{Knowing how Magnetic fields affect the brain, she can set up a finely-tuned cone field that can scramble the thoughts of selected folk within}
This power is OK.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Nullify:Electronics All 2/r Extras: Area – Burst, Selective Attack; Feats: Selective, Subtle, pr8 (34pp)
I'm not a fan of this wide of Nullify. I see this more as a stunt. I like the next AP as a replacement for it.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Cloud – Obscure, Visual, Radio 3/r, Extra , +1Link, +0Independent, Feat: Selective pr3 (12pp+1feat)+ Environmental Effects: Concentration DC15, 3/r Extra +1Link, +0Independent, (12pp) pr3 + Environmental Effect: Hampered Movement ¼ 2/r, +1Link, +0Independent, (9pp) pr3.
{A cloud of spinning metal engulfs a 25ft. radius area, large pieces at the bottom make it hard to move, minor collisions from all sides make it hard to think, Small shards flying about make it hard to see, and the magnetic area makes radios stop working. These affects can also be used individually or all at once, and the obscure can be selected visual and/or radio. Each effect lasts about a minute, reducing in size after 4 (or 3 in the case of movement) rounds.} (Total 34)
This power is better than the last for an everyday power.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Snare, Extras: Area-Shapeable [Targeted]; Feats: Reversible, Accurate, Tether, Chokehold, Obscures sight, Indirect, Drawback: requires Metal, Weakness: Snares take +1DC Dmg from electricity; pr10 (34pp)
{A tentacle of lose metal bits writhes out from Magenta seeking to bind those within.}
This power is OK.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Create Object, Extras: Continuous, Moveable, Feats: Innate, Precise, Progression (8x10ft cubes), Tether, Drawback: requires Metal, Weakness: Electricity (Barriers take +1DC dmg from electricity) pr8 (34 pp)
So, this is creting more metal with metal? No description. The idea that you can make metal when your weakness is not having metal makes me wonder.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amIon Force Field: Protection pr6, Drawback: Noticeable (faint reddish-blue field unless turned off), Feature: Can be consciously suppressed [6pp], Impervious (limited: Physical damage, limited: metal descriptor only) [2pp] {Impervious rank 6 against physical attacks of a metal nature}
+LINK+ Immunity: Suffocation, high pressure, vacuum, [4pp] {Ionizing force surrounding Magenta holds her own pocket of atmosphere and stable pressure inside.}
+LINK+ Enhanced Feats: Evasion 2, [2pp] {The field can harden in response to incoming area attacks, possibly showing a link between her telekinesis and an unconscious precognitive sense}
The feature seems like Continuous for cheap. The rest seems OK
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amFlight 3 (50 mph) [4pp] Drawback: Reduced Load- no more than Light -2
{While this requires metal to bear her aloft, it's usually part of her suit/outfit. Complication if lacking, but not worth a Drawback.}
This makes me think that the suit is more a device.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amDetect Metal (Mental), Ranged, Acute, Accurate, Radius [6pp]
Makes sense!
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amDrawbacks:
Vulnerability Electricity (common, Moderate, +50% affect) -3
Power Loss (ongoing electrical damage disrupts Magnetic control Array, uncommon) -1
Power Loss (ongoing electrical damage disrupts Flight, Any electrical hit necessitates Concentration check for flight, uncommon) -1

Attributes 12 + Offenses/Defenses 23 + Feats 10 + Skills 14 + Powers 66 - Drawbacks 5

Mechanically She's a bit of a glass cannon, weak in exotic saves and toward non-metal attacks or when caught unsuspecting.
Alright, one down, five to go :mrgreen:
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 am Image
Manticore:
PL:
Imposing!
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amStr 14/26 (+2/+8) Dex 12 (+1) Con 14/26 (+4/+8) Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (+0)
I'll give you the same as the others, When you're looking at core stats, you're looking at personal descriptors. So, without his powers, He's still kind of strong, can take a hit, and is good with decisions. Right?
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSkills: Intimidate 6 (+6/+10), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+8)
I get the intimidate and Notice. How's he so good at reading people?
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amFeats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus [Melee] 4, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack
Straightforward, clean.
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amPowers: Big & Scary: Enhanced Skill 1 [Intimidate +4]
I like this. Ever though about looking into Fearsome Presence?
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSuper Strong:
Enhanced Strength 12
Leaping 3
Super Strength 4 (Feats: Bracing, Groundstrike, Shockwave)
That's good.
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSuper Tough:
Enhanced Constitution 12
Immunity 5 [All Environmental Conditions]
Impervious Toughness 12
Protection 4
All of them? You could stick this guy in space, and the only thing he'd be worried about is suffocating? Smack dab in Chernobyl and not be melting and/or radiating to high heaven? I mean I get it. But is it that level of Tough?

And for the Impervious Toughness, I've been thinking about it. And as I've said before, I like to play to character's strengths and weaknesses. So Im fine with that level.
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSaves: Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fort +10
Ref +6
Will +7
Do you see him that strong of will and reflexive?
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amCombat: Attack +4/+8 [Melee]
Damage +8 [Unarmed]
Defense +8 [+4 flat-footed]
Initiative +5
Straightforward, clean.
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amCosts: Attributes 14+ Skills 4+ Feats 8+ Powers 58+ Saves 13+ Combat 23- Drawbacks 3= 117 pts.
I'd like you to spend at least 120.

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amReal Name: Paul Cooper
Height: 8'
Weight: 407 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Yellow
Unusual Features: Brown/tan colored skin, spikes on both sides of his head
That big and no Growth? Not something you have to have, I guess, but kind of stretching it.
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amDrawbacks:
Vulnerability: Manticore doesn't do well against psionic attacks [common, moderate, +50% affect] -3 pts
Good, good.

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amComplications:
Do I Know You?: Manticore only has vague memories of his life since gaining his powers, despite the fact he has worked with numerous super villains he couldn't pick them out of a lineup if he had to.

Phobia: Cats. No, seriously. Those things are creepy little sneaks that secretly hate people.
I will not put cat pictures in your cell! :twisted:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amPrejudice: Manticore is an obvious superhuman and cannot hide that fact.
He's a mutant, not by birth, but by design. So he doesn't give off the instinctual fear vibes of everyone. But in other ways!
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amReputation: Manticore is known for being overly destructive.

Temper: Manticore has trouble controlling himself once he gets mad.
Differentiate these two?

Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amBackground: Paul Cooper lived a normal, if almost boring, life growing up. He never was the best student, although he passed all his classes, was moderately liked by his peers. Paul was painfully average in virtually every way.

Upon graduation from high school he found a job at Delphi Technologies as a janitor. He worked there for several years without problem, maintaining his average life. That all changed one night when he interrupted a robbery and was beaten within an inch of his life and left unconscious in one of the labs. What the robberies didn't realize was that during the beat down of Paul that some of the machinery in the lab had been turned on and due to the damage done it flooded the area with radiation.

Paul spent hours being bathed in the exotic energy, but instead of dying his body mutated - into something large and very, very angry. Awakening and in pain from his transformation, Paul proceeded to go on a rampage that leveled the lab as he made his way outside where his destructive actions drew the attention of the local heroes who struggled to stop him. Finally they managed to defeat Paul and put him in the prison for criminal superhumans.

Unfortunately Paul's mind was broken, and he remained a child-like brute that many super villains came to use as a pawn in their master plans for several years until a mentalist hero used her telepathic powers to pull Paul's mind back from whatever dark corner it had been banished to. Suddenly aware for the first time in years and surprised at his situation, Paul was defeated and locked away again but this time he was able to understand what was happening to him. Paul resigned himself to serving his sentence, even though his actions weren't his fault due to the brain damage he'd suffered from his empowerment.

A year and a half later he was contacted by mysterious people about "being used for a better purpose". Seeing it as a better option than his current one, Paul accepted.
Would you mind tying it to Violet/Magenta's story? Seems like the process would be beneficial to him. Not saying 'you must' but hey, connections :mrgreen:
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Would you mind tying it to Violet/Magenta's story? Seems like the process would be beneficial to him. Not saying 'you must' but hey, connections :mrgreen:
Or maybe it's just that Dr. Paul Harris helped Manticore too with more conventional therapies.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bombshell wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:28 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 am Image
Manticore:
PL:
Imposing!
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amStr 14/26 (+2/+8) Dex 12 (+1) Con 14/26 (+4/+8) Int 10 (+0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 10 (+0)
I'll give you the same as the others, When you're looking at core stats, you're looking at personal descriptors. So, without his powers, He's still kind of strong, can take a hit, and is good with decisions. Right?
Right!
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSkills: Intimidate 6 (+6/+10), Notice 4 (+6), Sense Motive 6 (+8)
I get the intimidate and Notice. How's he so good at reading people?
That's something I've been considering toning down a bit.
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amFeats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus [Melee] 4, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Power Attack
Straightforward, clean.
Thank you.
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amPowers: Big & Scary: Enhanced Skill 1 [Intimidate +4]
I like this. Ever though about looking into Fearsome Presence?
Yes actually. My thought was about making it part of this power.
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSuper Tough:
Enhanced Constitution 12
Immunity 5 [All Environmental Conditions]
Impervious Toughness 12
Protection 4
All of them? You could stick this guy in space, and the only thing he'd be worried about is suffocating? Smack dab in Chernobyl and not be melting and/or radiating to high heaven? I mean I get it. But is it that level of Tough?
Yes, that's my core idea about Manticore. He's super tough. So tough that the big heroes know he's hard to beat and have to use teamwork and/or clever tactics to defeat him.
Bombshell wrote:And for the Impervious Toughness, I've been thinking about it. And as I've said before, I like to play to character's strengths and weaknesses. So Im fine with that level.
Cool, thanks.
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amSaves: Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fort +10
Ref +6
Will +7
Do you see him that strong of will and reflexive?
Honestly? Not really, it's something else I'd want to tone down a bit assuming he's picked for the game & I'd fine tune the build.
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amCombat: Attack +4/+8 [Melee]
Damage +8 [Unarmed]
Defense +8 [+4 flat-footed]
Initiative +5
Straightforward, clean.
Thanks. I tried to keep things simple.

Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amCosts: Attributes 14+ Skills 4+ Feats 8+ Powers 58+ Saves 13+ Combat 23- Drawbacks 3= 117 pts.
I'd like you to spend at least 120.
I get that but up until now I wasn't sure what to spend the remaining pp on. Assuming Manticore is picked to be in the game it'd be no problem to get him up to level.

Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amPrejudice: Manticore is an obvious superhuman and cannot hide that fact.
He's a mutant, not by birth, but by design. So he doesn't give off the instinctual fear vibes of everyone. But in other ways!
Exactly!
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amReputation: Manticore is known for being overly destructive.

Temper: Manticore has trouble controlling himself once he gets mad.
Differentiate these two?
No problem.

Manticore's Reputation is that he's a first class demolisher. He shows up, he smashes EVERYTHING. This results in most people seeing him and immediately panicking. The Temper is that Manticore still struggles to control himself. Does that help explain the difference?
Bombshell wrote:
Tattooedman wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:38 amBackground: Paul Cooper lived a normal, if almost boring, life growing up. He never was the best student, although he passed all his classes, was moderately liked by his peers. Paul was painfully average in virtually every way.

Upon graduation from high school he found a job at Delphi Technologies as a janitor. He worked there for several years without problem, maintaining his average life. That all changed one night when he interrupted a robbery and was beaten within an inch of his life and left unconscious in one of the labs. What the robberies didn't realize was that during the beat down of Paul that some of the machinery in the lab had been turned on and due to the damage done it flooded the area with radiation.

Paul spent hours being bathed in the exotic energy, but instead of dying his body mutated - into something large and very, very angry. Awakening and in pain from his transformation, Paul proceeded to go on a rampage that leveled the lab as he made his way outside where his destructive actions drew the attention of the local heroes who struggled to stop him. Finally they managed to defeat Paul and put him in the prison for criminal superhumans.

Unfortunately Paul's mind was broken, and he remained a child-like brute that many super villains came to use as a pawn in their master plans for several years until a mentalist hero used her telepathic powers to pull Paul's mind back from whatever dark corner it had been banished to. Suddenly aware for the first time in years and surprised at his situation, Paul was defeated and locked away again but this time he was able to understand what was happening to him. Paul resigned himself to serving his sentence, even though his actions weren't his fault due to the brain damage he'd suffered from his empowerment.

A year and a half later he was contacted by mysterious people about "being used for a better purpose". Seeing it as a better option than his current one, Paul accepted.
Not at all. I'll talk with Flynnarrel and see what he has to say on the matter.

----
When I tried to post this I saw Flynnarrel's comment and wanted to share the thought I had.
Flynnarrel wrote:Or maybe it's just that Dr. Paul Harris helped Manticore too with more conventional therapies.
I'm not sure if I made it clear in Manticore's background that it's only in the last year that he's returned to something close to his old mind. He's still struggling with coming to terms with what has happened to him - the physical transformation, the years & years of being manipulated by numerous people for their own ends (just to name a few things). So I could totally see him getting traditional treatment from Dr. Harris.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

We could be therapy buddies!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bombshell wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pmA little on the nose, but hey, multiverse, I guess :mrgreen:
That DC villainess was a strong inspiration.
I'm guessing this is the same person. If not... good finds?
Same Person. I was lucky to stumble on these.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amTreatments - Margaret needs weekly, if not daily (if under stress) sessions in the TMS machine.
This, however, might be too dangerous. Out in the field there will be things other than combat, but you will be dealing with up to four other psychopaths/sociopaths.
The treatments are definitely an off-mission activity. (and we can play with how often they're actually required. If the group are going to be weeks out on an assignment without checking in at base she can do 'self-treatments' just to get her through. If that happens we can start to see her Maggie-ness crack and fray around the edges. That'd be fun too. :)
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amDr. Paul Harris - Margaret thinks the best of Dr. Harris but who knows what his full agenda might be.
"The best" as in working relation, friend, love, or second family?
She has great admiration for, gratitude towards, (and a bit of a crush on), Dr. Harris. He's not taken advantage or been untoward in any way. She sees this as proof of his professionalism and nobility. His actual motives and designs are up to you.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amViolet - there is still that needling dark voice of Violet in her head. It could distract her at key times.
Is Violet a second entity or split personality. Do they know what each other does, if so?
I wanted it to be such that Violet is a subsumed persona, trapped and watching just behind the eyes of the meek and pleasant and helpful Maggie. I'm looking forward to finding out through play what happens with that dynamic - does she ever break out? Does she get swallowed completely? Do she and Maggie come to an understanding somehow? I have a few ideas on how to represent Violet during play.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amMagenta PL8, 120
ST 8 DX 16 CN 14 IN 10 WS 14 CH 10 [12pp]
10 is average, 8 being a child, 14-16 being gifted. Your stats are your descriptors in some cases, especially physically. With her story, do you see her being gifted at Wisdom? Physically, is she super limber or just fast hands? Maybe both? Something to think about.
Violet was never physically imposing or spent much time in exercise, why walk when your metal throne can bear you places. Why open a door when ripping of the hinges were just as easily. She only kept her physical deftness because there are somethings even fine metal control can't do. So Violet was no powerhouse.
Maggie has been going through major medical treatments not dissimilar to a cancer survivor. There's some amount of wasting away that has occurred just from the sheer drain on her system this has taken. She's now super-model thin. Attractive but waifish.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amFeats: Attack Focus-Ranged 2, Luck, Attractive, Well-informed, Equipment 2, Improved initiative, Move-By-Action, Second Chance (Mind Control) [10pp]
I assume Second Chace is from her mental conditioning from the machine. But if so, why just Mind Control? Any mental powers could cause her to break. I'm not sayin it'll happen right out of the gate though.
I originally wanted immunity to psychic descriptor (half effect) to represent that any attack or influence would be 'distributed' over a wider, more chaotic psyche landscape. Maybe something to develop in the future. The Second Chance represents a little mental kick from that voice in the back of her head that sees her behaving strangely. I would probably add Second Chance to Will-based Stun as well.
(I hadn't seen your offer of extra points until late in the submission process. It's very generous! I guess I'm too conditioned that PL8 starts with 120 points though. :-/ )
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amEquipment: Thermal Mylar suit; Immunity Environmental Cold/Hot(Half effect) 1ep, Quick Change 1ep, Large Shield, collapsible(subtle) 8ep,
* The entire costume is made from an experimental solar balloon she stole from JPL that is held together by her powers. Even the shield is a single piece of the material held rigid in a defensive position by her powers.
This all seems like stuff you can't get off the shelf.
Neither are most the contents of Batman's utility belt or Green Arrow's trick shots but they're generally represented as equipment.
This didn't seem overmuch to me, be I'll understand and accommodate if you'd prefer these as a device.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amSkills: Knowledge-Current Events 2, Gather Information 8(+8), Diplomacy 8(+8/+12), Bluff 8(+8/+12), Notice 4(+6), Concentration 8(+10), Sense Motive 6(+8), Disable Device +10, Medicine 2(+4) [14pp]
The Gather Information and Diplomacy, how's she so good at it?
The personality shift was very thorough. As good as Violet was at intimidating, Maggie is as good at befriending. Where Violet learned the best ways to terrorize a room of victims, Maggie can empathize and endear herself with genuine warmth and kindness to get people to open up. It's part of her Psychiatric nursing retraining she's been doing. Violet got really good at spotting weakness, Maggie uses that to show care and nurture.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amMagnetic control Extras Area- burst, Selective Attack, Feats: Subtle, Precise, PR8 [34pp+ 8AP]
Before I start this, it may be my screen (which is a laptop), but the whole array is really hard to read all scrunched together.

This power is OK. How is it Subtle?
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Extend my metal Will; Move Object, Extra: Damaging, Feats: Accurate, Subtle, Precise, Improved pin, Ranged Pin, Drawback: requires Metal pr10
{Magenta uses metal to surround, cradle, or manipulate other things. She can also hit, Grapple, Trip, or Disarm with her metal objects.}
This power is OK. Same question!
It's Subtle because the magnetic waves she manipulates are invisible, she doesn't have to gesture or overtly stare either (though Violet was prone to grand gestures so you knew it was her), so it's not obvious she's the source when objects in the environment move. There's still a chance for an observant person to tell though.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Nullify:Electronics All 2/r Extras: Area – Burst, Selective Attack; Feats: Selective, Subtle, pr8 (34pp)
I'm not a fan of this wide of Nullify. I see this more as a stunt. I like the next AP as a replacement for it.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Cloud – Obscure, Visual, Radio 3/r, Extra , +1Link, +0Independent, Feat: Selective pr3 (12pp+1feat)+ Environmental Effects: Concentration DC15, 3/r Extra +1Link, +0Independent, (12pp) pr3 + Environmental Effect: Hampered Movement ¼ 2/r, +1Link, +0Independent, (9pp) pr3.
{A cloud of spinning metal engulfs a 25ft. radius area, large pieces at the bottom make it hard to move, minor collisions from all sides make it hard to think, Small shards flying about make it hard to see, and the magnetic area makes radios stop working. These affects can also be used individually or all at once, and the obscure can be selected visual and/or radio. Each effect lasts about a minute, reducing in size after 4 (or 3 in the case of movement) rounds.} (Total 34)
This power is better than the last for an everyday power.
Okay! I'll remove the Nullify.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amAP: Create Object, Extras: Continuous, Moveable, Feats: Innate, Precise, Progression (8x10ft cubes), Tether, Drawback: requires Metal, Weakness: Electricity (Barriers take +1DC dmg from electricity) pr8 (34 pp)
So, this is creting more metal with metal? No description. The idea that you can make metal when your weakness is not having metal makes me wonder.
It's more like she's creating a dome or ramp or sculpture or shape from what was an abandoned door car, 6 hubcaps that rolled into the sewer over the years, 5 street signs, a length of unused fencing, etc.

In an abandoned area with lots of metal, that's fine. If she's in a place with sparse available metal, that's when the drawback comes into play. If there's metal around but it's use would be vandalism or destruction of private property, that's where:
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amNeeds metal - her Flight and many of her powers require metal in the environment. Magenta's law-abiding nature make her hesitant to use Traffic signs and fire hydrants and otherwise cause destruction of private or city property. If she does use any environmental metal, she'll try to put it back at the end of it's use.
While this is an acceptable complication, I don't think 'black ops mission to dangerous areas' would trigger it much.
as a Complication would come into play.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amIon Force Field: Protection pr6, Drawback: Noticeable (faint reddish-blue field unless turned off), Feature: Can be consciously suppressed [6pp], Impervious (limited: Physical damage, limited: metal descriptor only) [2pp] {Impervious rank 6 against physical attacks of a metal nature}
+LINK+ Immunity: Suffocation, high pressure, vacuum, [4pp] {Ionizing force surrounding Magenta holds her own pocket of atmosphere and stable pressure inside.}
+LINK+ Enhanced Feats: Evasion 2, [2pp] {The field can harden in response to incoming area attacks, possibly showing a link between her telekinesis and an unconscious precognitive sense}
The feature seems like Continuous for cheap. The rest seems OK
I was trying to model something that the person had to concentrate on to appear semi-normal. Like a blobman who had to think about staying in a solid humanoid shape but would dissolve to a puddle when knocked unconscious or stunned and lost concentration. I could also have done by a self-only sustained Nullify for that ability. That wouldn't take more than 1 point since you can always fail saves, so it seemed like a feature would be a good representation.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:42 amFlight 3 (50 mph) [4pp] Drawback: Reduced Load- no more than Light -2
{While this requires metal to bear her aloft, it's usually part of her suit/outfit. Complication if lacking, but not worth a Drawback.}
This makes me think that the suit is more a device.
Even without her suit she can wrap a chain around her hips and torso and have a make-shift flight harness. She can bend a manhole cover around her thighs and accomplish the same.

I can certainly still go the device route for the suit if you'd like.
Alright, one down, five to go :mrgreen:
You're doing great!
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Flynnarrel and Tattoedman, you two are fine for now. If you do make changes, please note doing so.

I will be working on other submissions this afternoon/evening
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Before I start again, I want to take the last post on this page. Next person might not see their critique!