[OOC...MnM 3e] Civitas Crew (Fully staffed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
betterwatchit

Re: [OOC...MnM 3e] Civitas Crew (Recruiting until 1/23- 5 days)

Post by betterwatchit »

And she would know that there's one way to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Dylan really is who he claims to be.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

True enough.

I purposefully wrote heir to "her" power, referencing Dylan's sister that perished saving numerous civilians as she came into the power of the Scarab. I wonder what Sofia will say, if anything, on the matter.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:29 am True enough.

I purposefully wrote heir to "her" power, referencing Dylan's sister that perished saving numerous civilians as she came into the power of the Scarab. I wonder what Sofia will say, if anything, on the matter.
She might have questions. Sofia is the CEO of the Rhodes Foundation and keeps an eye out for the heir of the Scarab, but she doesn't have any supernatural insight into it. Any opinion she might have will be based on her knowledge of how the Scarab's reincarnation works (which she learned from her parents).
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

The fact that only the current Scarab would instantly find the true hidden tomb of his predecessor who died in 1979 within the very lair where the campaign takes place is a dead giveaway. (pun intended 😀😀😀)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ooh. I hadn't thought of that... HnH, you good with me playing up an unexplained familiarity with the lair? Would be better, IMO, than the resentment angle.

Also, given his background, I kind of assumed Cruz was aware his sister was the Scarab reborn as she died... given that the Rhodes foundation paid for the funeral and medical expenses...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Adventure Dan

Post by Adventure Dan »

Ack. Sorry I'm late for the start of the game; life got a bit hectic there. I'll have a post up ASAP, and should be able to post more regularly after this weekend.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

I understand. Here's the link to the IC Thread.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

You may wish to edit the first post to remove the recruiting notice.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Sorry folks...I did not die...though it honestly feels like I came close. I've been laid up with a nasty, nasty flu and spent a few days nearly incoherent. Just now getting back on my feet. Things will continue Wednesday the 19th. I apologize for vanishing like that but I had little idea my sniffles would blow up into something so nasty.

Everyone take a HP for your patience.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

We're just glad you're okay, HnH.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Just getting over a bug myself, so you have my sympathy.
Hopefully you can take some time to rest and recover, H&H.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:20 pm Ooh. I hadn't thought of that... HnH, you good with me playing up an unexplained familiarity with the lair? Would be better, IMO, than the resentment angle.

Also, given his background, I kind of assumed Cruz was aware his sister was the Scarab reborn as she died... given that the Rhodes foundation paid for the funeral and medical expenses...
Yeah, this works. Sofia's confusion simply arises from what she knows of the Scarab's resurrection. As far as she knows, the Scarab isn't reborn until after the previous Scarab dies. If Dylan was already alive while his sister was operating as the Scarab, his inheriting the powers violates everything she knows about the Scarab's reincarnation. That makes Dylan a mystery.

Personally I'm good with changing things up to throw a wrinkle into the plot. It allows me to create a mystery to figure out...which almost always means some sort of time warping effect or character.
Bladewind

Re: [OOC...MnM 3e] Civitas Crew (Fully staffed)

Post by Bladewind »

Actually, Dylan was in the womb when she died... which opens up a debate not meant for an rpg as to what constitutes being reborn.

My assumption was born as in his mom gave birth...

But plots twists are good 😎
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

For some reason I'd imagine the Thunderer's speeches go like this during battles with supervillains:

https://youtu.be/-e9bZD86s3g
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

There's a reason why Goldwing didn't freak out too much when he first encountered humans. To his knowledge, it's been less than a century since people who can fly and who have different anatomies appeared on Earth-Prime... But it's something his world has had to deal with ever since sapient life began there.