[OOC...MnM 3e] Civitas Crew (Fully staffed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [OOC...MnM 3e] Civitas Crew (Recruiting until 1/23- 5 days)

Post by Arkrite »

The good news is it's pretty hard for my character to step on too many toes, build wise.
He's a pretty flying brick ;~)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Plan b wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm
Bladewind wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm
Plan b, did you have any thoughts on whether or not FE and Scarab know each other before the game starts?
For that matter, HnH are we starting off with any knowledge or acquaintances amongst each other?
Sorry missed your post earlier. Well unless stated otherwise i'm going with have met previously.
No worries about missing earlier post. And works for me !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Of the entire group, Neutron most likely knows Freedom Eagle the best and probably worked with her on a mission or two before joining UNIQUE. He could've been a guest on Dr. Ooze's tv show at one time or another. Scarab he isn't too sure about but they also likely to cross paths before.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

To be fair, I envision Scarab as being on the scene max six months or so (barring GM desire otherwise). He would have felt relieved with encountering another legacy...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing might have met Freedom Eagle, Neutron or Thunderer simply by flying in the same city. "Who's that winged guy?" After all, an anthro griffin stands out even in a city like Freedom. It would have taken a lot of persuading to convince Thunderer that Goldwing had no reason to cause any harm to humans. Dr. Ooze might have been involved in examining Goldwing (he would have a better chance of surviving if Goldwing got... uncooperative) and later have discussions on how magic might work with science.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

You might be surprised. The Thunderer is looking for fair and noble combat.
Defeating a mindless beast to protect humanity is one thing, but to attack an intelligent creature that talks, doesn't want to fight, and swears it doesn't eat humans?
Well, he might follow Goldwing around for a while to confirm, but one of his flaws is getting bored easily so it might be a rather short encounter ;~)
Adventure Dan

Post by Adventure Dan »

Plan b wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:00 pm I appreciate the ask. Biggest suggestion I've got is to consider switching technology and treatment and become more of a, doctor, doctor.
A fair suggestion, and one I was actually considering myself. I didn't switch the totals completely, but I have dropped three ranks from Technology and put them towards Treatment. I also dropped Elongation ranks from 2 to 1 to buy one rank of Benefit (Fame). The build should be finalized now.
Shadowmask wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:49 pm He could've been a guest on Dr. Ooze's tv show at one time or another.
Probably the best/easiest way to have met Dr. Ooze. He loves having supers on his show to try and explain their powers and do demonstrations that only supers can provide.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Adventure Dan wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 amProbably the best/easiest way to have met Dr. Ooze. He loves having supers on his show to try and explain their powers and do demonstrations that only supers can provide.
The show would be a much better way to explain Dr. Ooze knowing Goldwing. Goldwing could've been a guest-star...

Dr. Ooze: And what better way to demonstrate how a bird's wings work, than with my special guest, Mr. Goldwing.

*Goldwing flies to the stage from the back of the audience and then lands.*

Goldwing: Glad to be here, Doctor.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Just so everyone knows, the first scene in the game will be in the Scarab's lair underneath Pyramid Plaza, being introduced to their HQ by Sofia Cruz and the UNISON liasons/staff that are assigned to help them get up and running (all the while pretending to the public they're NOT UNISON liasons should any reporter get wind of what is happening later on). So, whether you've met before or not, you'll be introduced to one another right from the get go. How well Scarab deals with Sofia Cruz having offered up his "inheritance" to the UN to use is up to Bladewind, since 1) she was planning to do it anyway irregardless of a Scarab legacy appearing and 2) she's got the legal right to do what she wants with it, since it's legally her property.

Is Scarab cool with this? Does he resent it being done without consulting him first? That's a matter for Bladewind on the IC thread.

Dr. Ooze will probably find himself in the uncomfortable position of being watched more closely than the others, due to his media presence. The Scarab's lair location is unknown to the general public and while both Neutron and Dr. Ooze have more fame than the others, only Dr. Ooze is a media personality and as such his discretion on the matter of secrecy will be will be more subject to doubt (at least at the beginning).

That's all the pregame stuff I have right off. Look for the IC thread to go up within the day.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Update the Scarab's civilian identity... the more I thought about it, the more I felt that Dylan wasn't quite a "good enough" name for him...

Changed it to Alexander Chase.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I don't know, seems pretty good ;~)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lol.

Guess it reminded me of Danny Chase as well, and the combo felt like a fake name... Hmmm... Dylan Alexander sounds altogether better than both previous choices...
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

GAAH! I hate snow! So, my power has been on and off for the past couple days. I'm going to try to have the IC up by tomorrow sometime, but I'm going to accelerate the action at the start, just to give things a little goose.

Things will start at the Scarab's lair and there'll be a little chat, so those of you who've met prior decide how well you know one another (one meeting or several...I doubt anyone is bosom buddies yet).
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

At least we know you're okay, HnH.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Horsenhero wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:31 pm Is Scarab cool with this? Does he resent it being done without consulting him first? That's a matter for Bladewind on the IC thread.
As I was writing my intro post, I decided to internalize Dylan's resentment and other feelings on the matter of the lair... for now.
I don't know that he'll actually explode over it, but if the chance presents itself, he'll probably ask Sofia a question or two.