[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Ride of the Horsemen

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 6
-—o—-

"I'll meet up with you all again after I deal with this guy, in this body or the next." He replied with grim determination, hinting at his immortality.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Catastrophe is able to get to the side of the bridge looking down close to the area where Garald is helping the ambassador. It's a big drop. He's heard of stories where angsty teens used to jump from bridges like this in military mental health type classes. Even given his new abilities, he wasn't an expert if he'd survive the fall. From his vantage point, the waters below didn't look inviting with a few bodies who got pushed over floating dead in the water. Once the explosion goes off, more bodies join the ones in the water being pushed off the bridge from the force. Structurally though, the bridge is mostly intact and stable for the most part.

All of the cops and soldiers within earshot for the most part heard Mikes commands and with the smoke clearing are able to see the man. They all open fire maybe hitting him. its hard to tell with his bobbing and weaving. One definitely looks like it grazed his arm though drawing blood. "We won't let you get the ring.", declares the man as Mike draws near. It's clear the ruse is up. Lying can only go so far before the facts are obvious. As far as the man was concerned they were at this point.

In the water, the ambassador grunts. "You contact would never make it down here. Its a miracle we did with your recklessness.", says the man in a gruff tear your head off sort of voice. Despite that, Garald is able to drag him through the water by virtue of his new found strength to where Kaito would land if he jumped or dropped the case. In the distance, Garald can see the boat coming. its slowed a bit by the bodies in the water.

Back on the bridge, the good samaritan ignores Mike if Mike even responds as the graze heals up on its own. In the chaos no one really notices. Stopping by the edge where Kaito is, the good Samaritan looks at the teen. "You are still young. You can't be part of this havoc. Just give me the case and you can go back to your life and youth.", says the jewish man trying to yank the case aways. If he succeeded, he jumps into the water around where Garald is waiting.
No need for extra effort to Garald.

The bomb did have an effect, but since no PC's are over there I will treat it as off panel only giving the side effects.

Kaito needs to beat a 16 strength check otherwise he loses the case and the man goes in the water.

Kaito 17 <---
Cognagion 9
Garald 9
5 Elite Merc minions (5 controlled)
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
B?????? last(just entered combat)
A?????? 7
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito
HP: 2>1

Kaito bites his lip, hesitating, considering the bloodthirstiness of his companions.
Strength: 1d20-1 10
spending new HP: Strength: 1d20-1 13 that was the worst result eva.
Then the Jewish man rips it from his weak grasp and starts over the edge, breaking the teen's ruminations.

"Oh no you didn't...!" Kaito yells. He's a roiling mass of Chaos and Entropy before he knows it, reaching an ever expanding tendril of cloudy chaos toward the falling man. Even in his anger, he understands the real prize and grabs for the case.
Close Move Object: 1d20+10 20 to hit. Not sure if contested roll or if DC is just based off rank but if needed: strength check Move Object: 1d20+12 20 otherwise it's jut DC22
Not sure if Improved Pin would apply to him trying to wrest it from me but that would be -5 to his roll.
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaito reaches for the case as the two hit the water, but whether its the sock of falling or sheer power of will on account of the good samaritan Kaito isn't able to wrest control of the ring. "You are one of them! He warned us about you, but I thought he was lying. You'll never get this case.", proclaims the man. The Russian ambassador with Garald looks on at the show of power with an envious look. Its rather obvious he wants soldiers like that for Russia.
Since Kaito is going for the case, I am treating it as a disarm attack via move object. It hits, which means it's a strength check which he loses. The good samaritan rolled 23.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9 <----
Garald 9
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
A?????? 7
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

He spits to the ground, speaking to the ones around him without turning to face them. "I was never here."

Then he rushed for the bridge's edge and dove off to follow behind the pair. If his body survived the fall, great! If not, whatever. So long as he get's one last word in, then that's all he cared about right now.

"What the HELL makes you think that you had any right, to try and deceive me you would-be-fucking heroic piece of TRA-!" He shouted at the top of his lungs, before slamming into the water.

OOC: Moving to jump off the bridge, and performing a Force of Personality attack against the guy with Kaito.
Force of Personality: Perception range Audible Penetrating 4 damage, DC 27, Will resistible
Inevitable Toughness Check: 23
Reroll: 17+10=27
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cognagion slams into the water from a fall that makes the water below feel like concrete. Somehow, he is able to roll with it such that he avoids any serious damage despite what looks like his normal exterior. The shout that comes after makes the man grab his ears tight, but still his nose bleeds a little after redoubling his efforts.

In the distances, the helicopter comes more into view. It is armed with weapons and the rough outline looks like a AH-64E Apache helicopter although it is still maybe 20 or so seconds out. The boat summoned by the Russian ambassador isn't as good so looks like it is will get there after the helicopter arrives.

At the far side of the bridge, there isn't nearly as many bodies falling after the initial blast as expected. Either the crowds hav worked around it or someone is helping over there.
Cognagion takes no damage from the fall.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9
Garald 9 <----
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
A?????? 7
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 2
CND: Healthy

People where falling out of the sky left, right, and center. As he watched them fall, each splashing down in turn, Garald couldn't help but think how much simpler this would have went if Kaito had jumped when told to. The look in the ambassador's eye didn't go unnoticed by Garald. It wasn't hard to see the blatant use of power. The ambassador had to of seen.

"The ambassador saw Kaito shoot out an energy cloud. He either needs to be convinced to remain silent or die before reaching help."

A second after relaying his warning to the others Garald spoke aloud. The hand that had been holding onto the Russian bear released to point towards the approaching watercraft. He had noticed the Apache drawing near. It was an attack helicopter though. Not a transport. It was unlikely, though possible, that it was coming for the ambassador.

[Russian] "Keep swimming for the boat ambassador."

After encouraging the older man to get moving he rapidly closed the distance between himself and the trio that had more recently jump into the water. With a lunge he maneuvered to hook his arms up under the Good Samaritan's arm's, and wrap his hand behind the man's head. A grapple mean to expose and open him to attack from Garald's allies.
OOC wrote:Garald uses his Move Action to close into melee range. Then his Standard Action to perform a Grab on the Samaritan. I'll be using All-out Attack +/2 for the roll.

Grab GS, Allow-Out Attack -2 Def/+2 Atk: 1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31 That is a natural 20. DC 25 Strength/Dodge to resist normally. A crit puts that up to DC 30.
Dynamic Array wrote: Flight 3
Enhanced Lifting Strength 7
Impervious Toughness 15
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The good samaritan struggles, but ultimately is grabbed by Garald. In the water, the two struggle, but Garald just holds on enough to keep the man held. Hes clearly past the point of talking and keeps a determined look on his face as bullets rain down from above from the cops and soldiers not within earshot of Cognagion before the jump who are clearly still under the command to subdue the man.

While all this is going on, the Russian ambassador starts swimming towards the boat quicker than one would expect from a man with his size. Before he takes off though, he just comes out with it. "After you are done with that man and the case, get me that powered person.", in Russian. The voice carries a tone of authority to it reminiscent of the an age where the Soviets were strong and is starting to come back into fashion as the country starts flexing its muscles once again.
Kaito 17 <----
Cognagion 9
Garald 9
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
A?????? 7
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

Kaito flows down from the bridge toward the aquatic melee. He again coalesces around the case seeking to divest the man of it.
disarm attack: 1d20+12-2 15
Surge to try again
disarm attack: 1d20+12-2 19
if one of those hits:
damage check: 1d20+12 27 vs. his Str check

Fatigued next round.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaito is able to easily grab the ring which instantly starts glowing like before except this time it starts blinking a low intensity radiant red light. It doesn't go unnoticed by the swimming away ambassador as h points at the Horsemen plus the good samaritan fighting over the ring in hopes of getting the boats attention. Due to its distance, it's tough to say if the message got through.

As the blinking continues, each of the Horsemen feel a call to grab the ring. Its an urge similar to seeing a buffer of food after fasting or a chocaholic being offered the finest Israeli chocolate there is.
I am retconning some of my previous posts in regard to the case carrying the ring. Kaito had the ring with him. It doesn't change anything however.

I am reserving the rest of the info until I see if the others grab the ring as well or do other actions. To grab the ring, Garald will need to let of his grab on the good samaritan.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9 <-----
Garald 9
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
A?????? 7
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
0 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

Mike surfaced, eyes wide. "Holy shit! How the hell am I still alive?" He shook his head, wet hair sticking to his face. He registered what Gerald was saying, as well as feeling the tantalizing pull of that ring. He didn't want to let that thing get out of sight again, so he started to swim towards it.

"Give up already, you've lost. Might as well just do us a favor and drown." He jabbed verbally just to add insult to injury against the apparent hero.

OOC: Moving towards the ring, grabbing a hold of it if he's close enough within one swim. Standard to perform another Force of Personality attack against the guy.
Force of Personality: Perception range Audible Penetrating 4 damage, DC 27, Will resistible
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 2
CND: Healthy

Glowing ring. Flying gas-kid. Garald had a feeling things were going to get even more complicated once he touched that ring. But he really wanted to do it anyway.

"Leave, before killing you becomes a necessity."

The words were spoke past the struggling good Samaritan's ear as they grappled. Then, after giving the warning he shifted his weight in the water and tossed the man to the side. A fraction of his strength was used for the toss. He didn't want the act drawing any additional scrutiny to himself than was going to happen already. Closing the distance between himself and his peers Garald reached up with one hand and join his hand along side Kaito and Mike's as they took hold of the artifact calling to them.
OOC wrote:Garald uses a Standard Action to throw the Samaritan clear of the three PCs. Not hugely far, but enough that he can't trigger some manner of melee based readied action that would interfere with the PCs taking hold of the ring. Then he uses his Move Action to grasp the ring.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Mikes voice goes into the good samaritans ears makes him flinch again as he is tossed like a rag doll away from the assembled group of Horsemen. At the same time, bullets continue to rain down on the man from the soldiers still under running orders from Mike. At the distance though, they go off the mark slamming harmlessly into the water. "We will stop you!", exclaims the man definitely as his body is showing signs of the the nerve wracking voice of Mike.

Once everyone touches the ring, its like a jolt of energy rushes through the Horsemen. Already feeling the rush of power, its like getting a shot of adrenaline when already riding an energy rush. The ring stops flashing and starts having a low level radiant aura of red energy too low for people on the bridge to see, but anyone in the water around the bridge can clearly see it.

Visions of creatures beyond description that would make most people cower in fear flood the Horsemen's mind. The creatures are blurry, but they are a mix of giant squid/lizard/humanoid hybrids, blobs of energy with hundreds of waving tentacles, classical demon depictions, and hordes of faceless men that look in agony. Next, the Horsemen see an angelic host bathed in a radiant light. They are armed with glowing swords, covered in pristine armour, and have the look of vengeance in their eyes. Above them all is a presence the Horsemen just know is holding both back. Its not a visible type presence, but the vast amount of energy it exudes makes the effort to restrain the two parties feel effortless.

On a more personal level, the Horsemen feel a call and see flashes of someone they know will complete them. The ring calls to them to find the man. One look at the ring reveals three of the symbols are outlined with dark red characters. While not forcing you, the ring seems to be pulling the Horsemens at a molecular level into an invisible vortex.
This assumes the PC's don't resist the rings teleport pull
If no Horsemen resist, the ring teleports the Horsemen to an alley in Dallas that has a line of site on a Starbucks. Inside the Starbucks is the man they are looking.
Assuming the PC's all want to teleport immediately, I will let Epic describe why he would be at the Starbucks and his entrance. He would be aware of the Horsemen becoming present in the area plus join the mental link.

You all now know that the ring can now teleport the group where needed with possibly bringing some mass with it so long as everyone agrees to the teleport.

Kaito 17 <------
Cognagion 9
Garald 9
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
A?????? 7
Last edited by mrdent12 on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito found his body drifting during the visions. One arms lengthening to stay in contact with the ring and others, the other arm likewise lengthening to reach up to the bridge. Between both arms he spanned the 220 feet with some to spare and so reached toward the News van that was, inexplicably, 'his'.

His mist body enveloped it and pulled it with his as they teleported only to have to bear it's weight and set it down lest it fall from 220 feet up. (If the alley isn't big enough for the van Kaito sets it in an open space behind buildings, or in an unoccupied parking space.) He hopes nobody saw that.

He resumes his human form and pulls out his tablet.

"Dallas, Texas." he reports.

"So ummm.... that was crazy. We're like, superheroes, right? Except I think they took out Buzzkill. And the forces of Heaven and Hell spoiling to fight.... are we supposed to help that 'presence' stop that or are we supposed to start it. In many of the tellings, including Good Omens, the Horsemen, (that's what we are, right? Four of us and all? Though you guys don't have 'horses' and my 'horse' is a van and the new fourth of us is getting coffee just over there), were the Harbringers of that fight, but I could easily see them as the instigators or enablers. 'The Four Enablers' doesn't sound nearly as cool though..." Kaito speaks a mile-a-minute, as if the part of a person's brain that tells them when they're talking too much to the annoyance of those around them is missing in the teen.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaito is able to easily get the van teleported along. He can't be certain if anyone saw it, but getting into the alley is simple enough. There is just enough room to get in as well although it did displace a box home.
With 2 out of three saying to move on, we'll go into the intro of the New Horsemen scene which will lead into an interlude that will last two days game time. Real life time, it will be as long as the PC's want to free RP before the next mission.