[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Interlude

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito looked for things of special interest in the room.
Investigation: 1d20+15 26
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

Garald nods his head in response to Kaito's question about the Devil wanting them to join his side. Then he shook his head when the offer to get rid of the body was made.

"Better that there be some closure concerning the man's demise. Be mindful of leaving evidence behind. It is entirely possible the Devil will use out proximity to turn secular agencies against us."

Garald's expression remained dower while Mike expressed his desire for their next encounter with the Devil.

"Then we need to make certain to succeed in this 'contest'. I do not think we can afford to let the opposition best us again. Which reminds me, they use so much obfuscation we should carry paint grenades. Make seeing the invisible ones easier."

At this Garald claps his two companions on the shoulder. Books and ideas for their future strategies would be good distraction from the recent encounter with the Devil. He seemed to think so, judging by his manner. Looking around the room Garald looked for a place to begin his study before absorbing the written word at an inhuman pace.
OOC wrote:Figuring out where to start: Perception: 1D20+10 = [11]+10 = 21
Digging into the notes and books: Insight: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

As the man lays dead in his bed, the three Horsemen dig through his papers. Staring at it for a few minutes and utilizing the visual hunts of coffee stains, some dried tomato sauce, and ink spills the three are able to deduce the piles are roughly broken up in sections worked on in order. One of the piles is some scribbles of initial notes not of much value to the current investigation. They basically say what the Horsemen already know that there is more to the war between heaven and hell that is investigated by scholars. Drawing from ancient concepts, the notes go on about one source above good and evil. Unlike what everyone says, Dr. Erasmus says God and the Devil are brothers. Two manifestations of the same creator.

Another pile goes on about about a constant battle every few hundred years between champions of light verses champions of dark as he phrases it. Whoever wins get the prize. So far, the champions of light have won, he goes on to write with a question mark of why next to some ineligible scribbles. From the context it is clear though. Somehow the non horsemen have always won and saved the world in some fashion Erasmus was still looking into before his untimely demise.

The next section as the group pieces it together talks about a prize. From the visions, the group knows it relates to doors, but Erasmus wrote notes about in a boring academic sense. Whoever wins the battle in the eyes of the one source gets to decide the fate of the world. Combining it with all they know so far, it validates the three doors. One door is for heaven and "make the world a paradise", another door is to make hell on earth, and the third is humanity and power to decide humanity as the victors see fit.

Buried in a pile is references to some ancient texts and drawings of the four objects the Horsemen saw in their dreams. While there is no more detail in the office, Kaitos deeper search finds a trigger that opens a hidden door leading down a flight of stares into a dusty room. In the book mentioned in the notes, the three find drawings of each of the objects with a few pages dedicated to each. While the drawings don't look quite the same as in the vision or real life, they are clearly the plate of food, doves in flight, golden bars, and lady justice. Unfortunately, the text is in an ancient dialect. Due to the walls, there isn't much cellular service to run translations if there is even a program for it.

Accompanying the pictures of the objects though is more drawings. One is people laying down their arms accompanying the dove picture, another is a great feast with the people drawn all differently accompanying the plate picture, another is what looks like gems and wealth being plentiful with the masses celebrating accompanying the gold bricks picture, and the final picture shows one group being punished while another is rewarded accompanying the lady justice picture.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald tosses aside the last book he had read through. It probably cost more to acquire that a month's pay in the army, yet he discarded it like trash. When he spoke to the other Horsemen again his voice was laced with frustration.

"This was a waste of time. There is no actionable information here. No advantage has been gained. At most we wait and watch for signs similar to these symbols. Something we would have done anyway."

The Russian shook his head slowly and he let out a breath, as though exhaling the toxicity in him that had been building up since they had decided turn away from seeing what advantage they could gain from swaying the Russian military to their cause. He had influence there … or did. That was sacrificed to come here and learn things they had already gleamed from intuition and vision.

"We should have went tor Russia. That was something concrete. Now that is lost to us and for nothing. I am done here."

With that last statement Garald turns to depart from the room, and castle, though with no urgency or haste.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mike kicked over a pile of books in frustration, "I feel you big guy. Our only lead here was dead, and the jerkass that was here didn't give us a single inch. Call up your friends, grovel at them if you have to, we'll get that meeting and try to salvage this situation before it gets worse."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito takes pictures of everything on his phone. And where there's one secret room.... there could be others.

Kaito adopts his mist form and pushes at seemingly solid walls all over this room, and back up in the study. Anything not 'air tight' he should be able to push himself through.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by mrdent12 »

After the Castle

While there are other secret rooms, like some old castles, the rest are either empty or used as store rooms now for basic supplies. Their entrances in other rooms are fairly easy to find now that the group knows what to look for. Unless they wanted to type writer ribbon, bags of rice, or other common items someone might stock up on they were rather dull.

Outside the castle, when reached out to, the Russian's are too happy sounding. While not sounding like they are in full blown Garald went rogue mode, they do sound like some punishment for him is in order when they say call them back in a week.

Black Gold

It’s been five days since Brussels and the finding of the book outlining the artifacts. Getting it translated wasn’t easy as few in the world knew the ancient language. It took a computer algorithm running for most of the week to translate it proper. It is time well spent as the Horsemen discovered what each object meant and what they bestowed on the user. Over two thousand years ago, the book begins, four people were given symbols for safe keeping with power. The dove gave the user power to neutralize hostility and pacify powers granted by groups who channel it together. The bars bestowed wealth and the power to manipulate the earth granted to a group of users. The plate of plenty ensured the user would never go hungry and the power to control the means of natural food production to sufficiently powerful groups. The woman with the scales enhanced the users protection when fighting and adaptations to restore balance to powerful groups.

A further section in the book describes how the protectors were lost to history with the true powers forgotten in time. When used though by the right people, their full power will become known. It is the presence of the golden bars that comes into the Horsemens minds next. While there is no face, it shows a clear picture of the Olympus oil rig in the gulf 130 miles from Louisiana, people in suits who clearly don't belong on oil rigs, and workers.if its a worker or person in a suit who has the item isn't clear.

All of the Horsemens worlds have changed as the visions became more frequent. Mikes followers have mostly stayed consistent, but every moment more gets added more are lost. Putting the new information into context, its clear his network is being neutralized by the doves power. Garald has been named as the killer of families by Russian oligarch Dimitri Yeltsin causing the public to turn against him and Russia to deny it officially, yet clearly having Russian trolls spread it. Kaito is getting daily calls from his mother about the FBI wanting to bring him in for questioning with his father calling as well yelling at his son to just come in already over the phone.

The governments of the world are starting to work together on coming up with a unified response to people with such amazing powers as had been displayed so far. To boast to it’s allies energy production is secure, the U.S government is giving a tour of the Olympus oil rig to diplomats the next day. Top officials from Japan, Australia, Canada, and Mexico are scheduled to attend.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

At least they just thought he's run away. They don't connect him with these 'powered people' in Brussels. Kaito makes sure to get them phones that can't be tracked or hacked with his newly increased wealth.

Kaito is listening to the latest message from his mother, keeping his face turned away from the other Horsemen to hide his grief and loss.

He also finished clearing his ungrateful father's security clearance from the tracking logs.

"So.... We should probably go after the gold bar." he says, back still turned to them.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

When the three remaining Horsemen gathered to discuss their visions and plan a coordinated effort Garald stood somberly brooding for a while before he finally spoke.

"We need to figure out who has the Gold Bars ... whatever form it takes in reality. The Dove was possessed by a peace advocate, and it enabled her to purse her goal of world peace. Following that pattern, the Gold Bars would be in possession of someone who worked with natural wealth … oil. Not an likely and executive, but someone who put the work in, or was close to the work."

Turning his head to look at a muted TV that was showing a news report of the event to take place at the oil rig tomorrow he spoke on.

"What individual has benefitted Olympus oil the most? That's a starting point for some research."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"We're going to get that cross to ourselves eventually. Those assholes are killing the whole "world domination" thing I'm trying to inspire here. Now, about this next op..."

Mike graps his chin in hand, and looks carefully at the people on screen. "Hmm... This face I'm wearing has become too well known. Perhaps it's time for a new model... Someone who'd blend in, perhaps?"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito will start looking into Olympic oil as a company and the oil rig in general. He'll try to get a list of who works there and a dossier on them as well as the top brass and major investors for the company.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"Ooo, great initiative Kaito. Hey, let me know if you find any good candidates for a new host for me, will you? Want to keep my options open for what's next." Mike spoke with as much casualty as someone looking for a new pair of shoes.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald's eyes settled on Mike as he talked about getting a new body for himself. He studied the thing that wore people like clothes, appearing to ruminate on the nature of the Horseman in question. Kaito began his research into Olympus oil and Mike took it as an opportunity to shop for a new body. Garald gave a subtle nod to acknowledge the merit of this idea.

"It could a way for you to infiltrate the event tomorrow as well. Do you retain the memories of your host?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

The face of Mike grimaced, "In far too much detail regarding some aspects. I was thinking the same thing though. Sure, I might be able to get one of them to cooperate with us for a few hours, but those bastards and the cross are making it frustratingly unreliable."

He looks down at his hands, flexing them a few times. "If you keep this one cold for me, I might be able to jumpstart it again after we're done."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito was.. a tad uncomfortable at the talk of changing bodies like one would change into a new pair of shoes or set one's ringtone to something different but then they'd met a guy who turned into bugs. That guy subsequently betrayed them but... whatever. He pulled up a TOR browser and set about getting into the company's more secure servers. "Please have a Linux API. That'd make this SO much easier..." he says to his tablet regarding the Company's firewall.
technology: 1d20+18 26