[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Roger Smith is on the rig. If you're targeting him we can all ring-pop to the rig, do we need the boat? You get Roger and we start checking for the gold bars. They're supposedly on the rig now, right? We could store the Mike body and pick it up when we're ready to leave. Wouldn't that work?" Kaito asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

Right after the failed test with the ring Garald reached over to thrall. Grasping hold of the man's neck her snaps it in one swift motion from his hand. When the body became limp he guided it down to about waist level, then let go and allowed it to fall the rest of the way under it's own weight. Afterwards he looks apologetically to Mike.

"Apologies, but we cannot have the security risk of anyone outside our number knowing about the Ring. Not when people have been leaving your influence."

A sympathetic pursing of the lips the clenching of cheek muscles was offered at the end of that last statement. The emotion faded quickly though and Garald moved on. A single nod was given when Mike commented on transporting as a group to the city before he stole a new body.

"The oil rig is out in the middle of the water. Getting there unnoticed is not so hard. We move under water and come in from below. Even if they have sonar we would merely seem to be marine life."

Holding up the tablet that he held in his left hand he spoke directly to Kaito next.

"Can you get schematics for the oil rig?"
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito jumps at the sudden appearance of a dead body body in their midst. It was just alive a moment ago. The crack still echoed throughout the room. It took a moment before the Teens hands worked right again wordlessly finding F and J by the little ridges for his index fingers.

Kaito just nods at the Russian soldier's words and tries to access schematics. Often emergency plans are required to have them outlying escape routes and safety zones and such, and agencies that require those plans were notoriously easy to break in to.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

Mike tsks at the sudden disposal of one of the humans under his sway. "Even with all those mortals being taken away from me, my oldest ones seemed the most secure. Hadn't lost a one. Well, until now."

Shaking his head he turns back towards Kaito, and watches him work silently. Without any prompting two more men enter the room, pick up the body, and leave without so much as a hello.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaito can get into the public records easy enough. They aren't the most secure of databases on a good day. All of he plans for the oil rig are on public record with all the relevant authorities. As oil rigs go it has some innovation, but mostly its what you would expect. There is some minor luxuries for the workers who need to live on the rig such as a bowling alley, small movie theatre, and of course living quarters. Around it is a ladder that goes to the water line and a sort of dock. There is also a helipad.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How far is it off the nearest shore?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

While Kaito looks for schematics and get an idea of what security on the oil rig may be like, Garald sorts through what information the hacker was able to acquire on the three potential item bearers and their families, as well as where they were reported to live. After sorting through this he presents the information on the people to MIke. After giving him a chance to start in on the reading material he addressed both of his companions.

"Do you think it is worth taking a look at their homes for clues … or grabbing the families? We have time, and anything that needs to be done in preparation should be completed before Mike moves on to the new body. Interviewing people or getting their compliance, would be best handled before hand."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Mike said his recall is absolute so we don't need info and we wouldn't need to secure compliance if he's just puppet master-ing them." Kaito says, the idea distasteful to him. "Could bring unwanted attention too. People disappearing could tip off our adversaries."

"Speaking of, what does it mean if there are supposedly two sides - warriors for light and warriors of darkness, yet we have the literal Devil opposed to us? Also, why are there two sets of warriors but there are three outcomes - Light wins, Dark wins, or Humans choose for themselves?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

"Maybe you misunderstood me. I'm talking about the families of the people who might possess the object we're after. Not those of the person Mike would take the body of. We do not even know what the object is. We'll have to literally be in it's presence to know unless we do some investigating before hand. Their homes may have clues as to what that object is. Further, if the Gold Bar protects the wearer as the Dove had, we may be unable to influence them except through more mundane means. Having their families means we could coerce them into giving us the object rather than approaching them openly in a way that would provoke a confrontation with our opposition. Would you rather achieve success before there is a battle, or risk fighting on an oil rig?"

After explaining what he meant, Garald listened to the quandary Kaito posed to the group. A single shake of the head was Garald's initial response.

"There are never only two sides."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"The Gold bar was given to a group of people in the story, not a single individual." Kaito points out. "There are easier ways than just picking a random CEO's house to raid. With that in mind, I should check if the company has had huge successes consistently or just started having major successes after it brought on a certain team or individuals."

With all the information there, Kaito starts piecing that together. Talking through his process as he works.
Investigation: 1d20+15 29
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

Mike considers the options on the table for him while his companions talk shop. "Hmm... The more I read here, the more I think Smith is definitely my best pick of the three here."
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The oil rig, being a joint venture generally has been profitable for both companies, Kaito finds. The three key people had been part of it since the beginning, so there is no way to know which of them helped make it prosper if any. Data shows oil has generally been a profitable industry. The backgrounds of the people also have success in the oil or mineral markets running through the family. None stand out as obvious keepers of the golden bars symbol or what might have the symbol. One thing is certain though. No pictures have necklaces of golden bar looking objects.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

But neither of these companies were particularly prosperous before this project?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald could see Kaito believed he could get all the answers they needed from behind his computer. While he did not share this belief, the Russian was willing to let Kaito try, at least until he exhausted what information he could tap into. Leaving the youth to his work Garald turned to Mike who appeared to settle on which person's body he wanted to inhabit for their operation. A glance was given to their image before reading up on the information Kaito had collected on the person.

"If your mind is set, what is required to trigger the change? Will you need to make contact with them before your present body expires?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"This is the digital age Gerald. I don't need to get on a soapbox just to spread my message." Mike spoke, before moving to a laptop set up near Kaito's. One of the administrator's personal computers, confiscated for a better purpose. "I already have something ready. Just need Kaito to make sure our mark sees it. I've already primed it with a way to verify that my ideas have successfully taken hold. After that, you just need to help me... go to sleep for a few hours. I'll contact you both when I'm established."
------------