For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

Disguise (38)

For a moment, Kaito and even Gerald might've had to do a double take and actually wonder if he'd already went and slipped into a new body during their brief period of preparation. Not only did Mike no longer look like Mike, but he didn't look like much of a he either. His disguise persona was still Asian, but he had grinned cheekily and asked that kaito refer to him as "Onee-chan" in a voice that was way too sultry with a figure a man definitely shouldn't have.

Uncomfortable his disguise might be to his companions, the Cognagion itself was ready to do whatever was needed to get the information Gerald wanted.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

When Mike stepped into the room with the Garald stared silently for a moment. What his eyes saw, and his preternatural connection to the other Horsemen told him conflicted. For a couple seconds he wondered if a new Horsman had walked in on them. He would have been upset if that were the case. Someone sneaking up on them like that would have been shameful. Possible, but something not to take lightly. Then the woman that wasn't a woman started talking and … it was confirmed he was indeed the person Kaito had Garald had been working with from the start. Once this was confirmed the initial tension in the Russian eased and he took a moment to look Mike up and done, just once.

"This look is good. Better than the more masculine one."

The statement was teasing and genuine at the same time. The early surprise and uncertainty had made him guarded, yes, but Mike being made up like a woman didn't seem to make Garald uncomfortable. Once reactions to Mike's disguise had abated he made a beckoning gesture to Kaito.

"The ring."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaitos research on Mary Lou turns up nothing too extraordinary. She is younger than the other two at 34. She started her career in her late 20's and has since become a highly sought after engineer who seems to be getting the tough for getting oil out of the ground. She's been married to Miguel who is three years her senior for five yearsl, age 37, who works as an accountant. Together, they have a daughter Mia age 4 and a golden retriever. The family seems to have a happy life with all their photos on facebook indicating they are happy. There is spans of photos where its only miguel and Mia, but that is likely when she's on the rig.

Their home is located just outside of Elmwood, Louisiana. It's a single story, single car garage brick house. There isn't too much Kaito can find on it picture wise online, but it doesn't seem run down. Teleporting into the area with the van is not difficult as their is bigger buildings in Elmwood they could teleport between.
The family are too low level to be able to resist Catastrophe, so feel free to montage the interaction with the family within reason. We could RP out the full interaction if you wish, but so long as you don't do anything crazy no one will really take notice.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito shares all this information and produces the ring. He shows them all a SAT pic of where he thinks a good landing would be. But this was Garald's show.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

When the little girl cheerily opens the door, 'Michka-chan' is there to present a disarming smile. "Heyy~ Is your daddy home? Me and my friends had something we realllly wanted to talk to him about."

As expected of a human child full of boundless innocence, she proved to absolutely not an obstacle for him in any way. She even pulled him along by the hand while going on and on about how super-important her mommy and daddy apparently were. Mike held back a gag at the sheer amount of sugar she was vomiting all over them.

The father was unexpectedly much more offput by these strangers suddenly barging into his home, until Mike put his falsely-feminine charm to good use. So much for loyalty. "Mia, why don't you go play with your dolls hm? There's a lot of 'big things' I wanna discuss with your father~" He spoke, throwing in a conspiratorial wink at the man that made him stammer as he shoe'd his daughter out of the room.

Mike leaned towards the man using a chair, pushing up his false cleavage and giving a deep, meaningful look. "So, tell me... This is a nice house you've got here, got anything nice around? Mmm... Something old and fancy perhaps?"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Any instructions to what Kaito should be doing?]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

[They might have computers he could try to get into and shift for potentially useful information, that's my first thought.]
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[So Kaito should follow you in the house, no explanation, and start looking around? You didn't say Mike mind controlled him or the daughter to accept whatever the three do. Mike didn't mention the other two Horsemen at all. Just trying to suss how the scene should play out.]
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

As Mike enter the house Garald holds Kaito back for a moment, speaking with him before the two of them follow inside. With a lowered voice he leans into Kaito and provides the youth with some direction.

"Look around the house. Not just superficially, really look. Dig into jewelry boxes and closets. Finish up on their electronics."

After that he let Kaito enter ahead of him, then closed the door behind them. Inside he watched the little girl, waiting for her to leave the room. Then he began to walk around, looking at pictures and items decorating the house. After Mike's initial question about family heirlooms was answers Garald followed it up with some inquiries of his own.

"Has your wife or any of her associates been acting differently lately? Have they experienced any unusual degrees of success or done anything out of the ordinary. Even something that might seem small at first glance."
OOC wrote:Kaito is the only person with actual Investigative Skills. So he has to do the leg work of digging through things and looking around. Garald and Mike can cover the interrogation/interview.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito nods at his instructions. He enters the house and while not in sight of it's occupants dissolves to his cloud form and flows upstairs. In this form he could flow into closets without opening them and had more 'limbs' with which to manipulate things. He could push into any non-airtight container and also flow through the house's vents in case anything was concealed there. A thorough search didn't mean he had to completely trash the place though he wasn't worried about keeping it pristine if he had to move stuff around.
He does the same with any study, including trying to find safes. If he does he turns solid long enough to tunnel a few air holes into a safe or vault then turn gaseous again to look inside.
He'll collect anything of note and end his search at the computers where he pauses and texts the others to ask the man for his password. No need to hack in if he was cooperative.
To search the house:
Investigation: 1d20+15 20
HP reroll
Investigation: 1d20+15 35
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

An outside observer would see this as a fairly strange scene straight out of a movie, it was in fact happening. For some reason the three had been allowed into the house and daughter listened to a complete stranger as if it was a normal every day occurence. No objections were even raised when Kaito went off to look around the house. For the Horsemen, it was becoming normal, but much of what was normal for them was out of place to everyone else.
Mike leaned towards the man using a chair, pushing up his false cleavage and giving a deep, meaningful look. "So, tell me... This is a nice house you've got here, got anything nice around? Mmm... Something old and fancy perhaps?"
The man first looked at Mike in disguise and thought. "Well, she got some jewelry from her parents. Nothing fancy, but maybe old. We don't talk about it much and Mary doesn't wear it. Just some old diamond rings her grandmother liked to collect and some silver earrings. She hasn't opened the box in years.", says the man.
"Has your wife or any of her associates been acting differently lately? Have they experienced any unusual degrees of success or done anything out of the ordinary. Even something that might seem small at first glance."
Hesitant at first, the man recalled a few things. "They did just find a new place to rill around the rig. Shell and BP told everyone to keep it quiet, so she didn't tell me much. Its nothing unexpected though. Theirs a lot of barrels down there. They wanted to show off the find to some big wigs or something.", said the man. He wasn't holding anything back, but at the same time he genuinely didn't know much."Shes on the rig for such long stretches, its nice just to have some time not talking about oil. Mia takes a lot of her time up.", remarks the man.

Kaito finds the normal trappings of an upper middle class family. A tablet for the daughter, a couple laptops, some older than others, papers, and things of that sort. There is some engineering documents related to the rig as well, but they are mostly operational in nature. In the jewlery box, there is a few old rings with diamonds on them, a charm bracelet, and necklace. None of them are even close to having a gold bar symbol on them though. In al likelihood, they are old family heirlooms. On the computers, not even password protected, there is family photos, plans for previous trips, some old school assignments, and other basics. Once again, nothing jumping out saying keeper of a key to unlock Armageddon.

One of the laptops has picked from a party on the rig from a few days ago of the workers celebrating something. A closer examination of the pictures shows a small bracelet with a gold chain connected to miniature three golden bars on a table. Who it belongs is uncertain or even where it might be now.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito takes a picture of the bracelet and forwards it to Mike and Garald. "Ask about this."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"Oh, this looks pretty~ Think it'd look good on me?" He asked with a wink, showing him the forwarded picture. "I'd bet you'd tell me all about this little piece if you knew anything about it, right?"
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Oh, this looks pretty~ Think it'd look good on me?" He asked with a wink, showing him the forwarded picture. "I'd bet you'd tell me all about this little piece if you knew anything about it, right?"
While one would ordinarily expect Miguel to be annoyed at this point, Mike made sure that didn't happen. "It looks nice. Wouldn't expect anyone on the rig to be wearing it though. Mary's always going on about the safety rules. Partly why she doesn't wear jewelry here. Doesn't see much need for it.", says the man. Instinctively, Mike knows he's being told the truth. Although it is getting a bit difficult to concentrate as the rate of losing his network is starting to increase. Its not enough to be a major change yet, but there is only so many people in the world and his clusters of influence are starting to become more concentrated.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito tries to get the date/time stamp imbedded in the picture. Likewise, he examines the Exif data on the pic for a GPS code to track the geotag. He'll check to see if this coincides with some company function.