[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by mrdent12 »

Angelstein and Garald end up trading blows that both go wide with Angelstein looking more to distract than to do damage. Garald had seen this before, looking to save lives over winning the fight. All of the other actions correspond to that strategy as well. It wasn't the straight up fight it could have been, but more a delay and life saving fight as it turned out. "Get out of here and get to help you two. I'll delay the Russian as long as I can until someone else comes to protect you on the rig. It will be safe soon. He might speak like he is the good guy, but he wouldn't think twice about snapping either of you in two like a twig.", says Angelstein to Leon and "Roger".

On the rig, it bears out the safety advise with the dying sirens and noises of structural damage giving way to repair sounds.
AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4 <=======
MJ 4
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 1
-—o—-

"Keep looking, he's there s-somehwere, he's there, I can... I can try to find him. Hold on."

While Rodger was busy complying with the advice to get out of here, mentally Cognagion was doing something else entirely. He'd done it before just after the protests, which meant he could do it again here. While control was slipping amongst the network inside, he still had enough of them to form that same loose confederation of eyes and ears. It wasn't even that difficult to reason their looking around in seeming panic and fear, desperate to find a way off the rig before it possibly explodes.
Power Stunt wrote:Open your eyes and tell me what you see: Remote Sensing 14(60 miles) (Visual, Audible), Simultaneous, Subtle 2, Medium (Previously or actively Enthralled) linked w/ Enhanced Trait 5 (Perception 15[+20]) linked w/ Quickness (Limited to perception tasks) 3 (8 minute routine tasks) (3+1-1)*14+2+6 = 50
Perception (Locate wherever the one holding the Dove is hiding)=37
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

While no one in the central room saw a dove necklace, two of the workers start actively looking around while one man, not matching the description Garald gave, notices it and doesn't bother to try to blend in anymore. Kaito doesn't see anything strange about the mans behaviour, but before he teleports out with some non flammable flame around him he paused for a moment. During that pause, Cognagion would feel another pull on his control. Kaito knows from his previous examinations of the rigs plans that there was only two rooms the man could have gone off if he wanted to stay remotely in the immediate area. One was a large storage room and the other a backup control room that was still down for maintence. For either of the options, there was no knowing if he was in either. For their lot, the people in the room look even more panicked.

Around the rig, more sounds of work can be heard as if someone was effecting repairs through some force. Another alarm goes off soon after under the rig, but above the water. The likely repair was some exposed circuitry being covered with something and the sensors on it realizing the coverage stopped.
Cognagion needs to make a DC 18 power check for his mind control power

AP 21
Kaito 20<=======
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe.

Kaito will give what description he can of the man. And this guy teleports in a gout of heatless fire. So there's that.

Reasoning the whoever had the Dove necklace was also the one he was fighting for control of the cameras he reasoned that the person would need ready power and wifi access, both would be in the back-up control room. He heads there.

[I'll wait to determine what the rest of my action is when I hear what's there.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In the control room, Kaito finds emergency lighting, enough for maintenance work with desktops not plugged into anything. A quick look around reveals the medium sized circular room not functional at this point, but a hack could probably plug into a power outlet. Outside the door, he noticed it was closed shut. The likely reason being they didn't want anyone to see it in its unfinished state. For all the qualities the room possesses, there is no man who can teleport.
Cognagion needs to make a DC 18 power check for his mind control power

AP 21
Kaito 20 <=======
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito will complete his move to the large storage room to check there. What does he see?
[Can a mile can cover the distance (his Flight move)? Does he still have a standard action?]
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In the storage room, Kaito finds a bunch of boxes, backup drills, gears, and other such tools of the oil rig trade. What is missing from the room is light. That isn't a big deal for Kaito though as his powers allow him to pierce the darkness. In one of the corners he finds three people, none looking like the person he was chasing hiding in the corner. They are all in various states of fear. None of them take notice of Kaito because of the darkness, but their posture is more of people hiding from an active threat outside.

In other locations on the rig, Cognagion and Garald momentarily see a figure on a chair going through the air before one of the few alarms left turn off. Whatever damage was started was quickly being undone likely in stopgap solutions. The quick repair or just breaking them must hae started turning off the alarms though.
Kaito wouldn't be able to beat the insight roll vs deception to know which if any was the dove necklace holder.

AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18 <==========
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 0
CND: Healthy

Out of the corner of his eyes, amidst throwing punches, snapping off kicks, and evading return strikes, Garald takes notes the man flying through the air on a chair. Then the alarms decreases in number.

"Hurry up Kaito. This could turn into a three versus me scenario out here. Go nuclear if you have to, but get the Dove quick."

... he urges the youth over their shared mental line of communication. Yes, Cognagion was present, but he was better left concealed. Fragile in a straight up fight, even if their utility made up for it with unconventional options outside of combat.

Though the angel winged foe across from him hadn't heard the message, after conveying a sense of urgency to Kaito, Garald throws stiff right cross aimed at landing a blow across his foes' jaw.
OOC wrote:Garald continues to be a fist swinging distraction. His Standard Action is to attack the Samaritan. Punch Samaritan: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24 DC 28 Toughness if it hits.
Dynamic Array wrote: Immunity 10 [Mental Effects ; Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r)] * 10
Flight 7, Enhanced Advantage 1 [Move-by Action] * 15
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Garalds punch lands, but the place in the mans face where the jaw went sideways quickly settles back into place as if nothing had happened. There isn't any visible signs of Garalds attack or even the satisfaction of the man recognizing the clearly visible initial damage. "Get out of here now the both of you. I'll hold the mad Russian back as long as I can. The damage on the rig should be repaired soon enough.", barks the spectral winged man with matching spectral claws. The latter of the two he uses to take a swipe at Garald going wide.

Leon is petrified in place, but looking like h'es bound to take action on the order. Staying while two god level combatants duke it out or running into a potentially about to explode oil rig wasn't a choice he planned to make today.

Angelstein rolls an 18 on the save and 2 on the attack. One of the rolls is what you want to see for a GM roll at least.

AP 21
Kaito 20
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4 <=========
MJ 4
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe
Sakuro wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:12 pm "Hurry up Kaito. This could turn into a three versus me scenario out here. Go nuclear if you have to, but get the Dove quick."
I have a nuclear option? Kaito says into the link.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 1
-—o—-

"Kaito! It's him, it's this one. He's the one fucking everything up, I need you to- I demand that you kill him. I want him dead, I want him drowning at the bottom of a flaming ocean for messing with with my god-damn network!"

With an estranged effort, the people under his control, wherever they are on the rig, all suddenly point their fingers straight at the interloper now. Subtly was out of the question by this point, the Cognagion wanted him mangled, burnt, and dying.

Rodger himself moved almost on auto-pilot, tapping Leon's shoulder and shouting that he snapped out of it and help him get their boat into the water and away from that powderkeg. Cognagion tries to hide the mental fatigue affecting his stolen body, but their efforts to maintain the guise are at the lowest they've ever been.

Deception (Hide the fatigue): 25
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Leon doesn't need to be told twice to get the boat out. With the help of "Roger", the boat drops 10 or so feet into the water with the gods battling above them. Leon fishes out some paddles and tosses one to "Roger". Back on the rig, all subtlety is gone. Those still standing point at the central area tower with the in repair command area, storage area, and maintenance area. Inside, Kaito sees two of the people stand up and point at the floor leaving only a younger Hawaiian looking man cowering. The two who stand up aren't exactly quiet about it giving away something is up to the loan croucher. So, like he did last time he teleported away, he stands up.

"If you're here it's too late. The power of peace will remove any control you and your kind have over these people.", proclaims the man to no one in particular. He lifts his hands with a bronze chain coming out and the people in the room stop point and look petrified again. All around the rig, everyone's arms drop and they either go into a cower or just look confused as to why they did it. Back in the storage room, that same nonflammable fire engulfs the man as he vanishes again. With the control seemingly broken, there is no more motive to be center rig which means he could be anywhere.

As all this is going on, another alarm stops and the sound of heavy objects moving as if tipped over drums were put back into place can be heard on the rig. Its not long now before the initial damage is undone.
MJ rolled a 20 for the nullification making it a power check of 34 that Cognagion can't beat.

The boat just hit the water, so there is time to try to get thralls again on the rig, but they need to within hearing reach initially plus touch others to spread it. At this point most of the people are spread out hiding, so someone going about touching others to spread the control would like terribly suspicious and be traceable.

AP 21
Kaito 20 <=========
LR 19
Garald 18
RG 13
Cognagion 4
MJ 4
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

I lost sight of the Dove-Bearer. Kaito reports. And everyone's stopped pointing. Is not-Mike okay? he asks.

He inwardly curses. If his camera system was up and running this might be tons easier but no, it wasn't enough of a priority...

Garald, you still need back-up? Kaito asks into the link.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 0
CND: Healthy

Amidst a series of attacks, blocks, and counter attacks that kept Garald and his foe at a stalemate he heard Kaito's message in his mind. There was some concern in the Russain's response. He was apathetic to the world and people in it ... except for his fellow Horsemen. For them he had a bizarre brotherly bond that actually made him feel and care for them. When he responded, it was with an effort to try and send his words to only Kaito.

"He is in a fragile state. If we don't gain control of the Dove, I fear he may have a mental break. Can you patch his cellphone into the rig's speaker system? If he can spread his word to enough people on the rig, it may help him emotionally stabilize a while longer and force the teleporter back into an easier to search area in an effort to fight our comrade's influence."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe
HP:0

On it!

Gaseous Kaito sped to the abandoned control room where he rematerialized in front of the console. The front pocket of his hoodie held his tablet and the cable he needed for the AUX port. Making sure the back-up system was powered and connected to the PA he pulled up a VOIP app and called Roger's cell. The caller ID said 'Answer and be Patched in to PA system real time. Rock on!'
technology: 1d20+18 31
For the next part of his plan, knowing that the Dove-bearer was likely to try to counter the effect again, there was a 50/50 chance he'd come back here. Kaito waited just off center of the room and prepared to grab something necklace-height off a man as tall as the teleporter was when he stood.