[OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by Flynnarrel »

When we made our intention and plan known should I have asked you, GM, if the hallway was wide enough for what we had intended?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am not going to step in and critique your character's plans on every issue you raise. Whether you come up with a plan that I think will work or not, I'm still going to let you run your plan. Succeed or fail. Though I may give you warnings. In this case I gave you a few.

Your plan is to loiter as a group outside a room in a hospital hallway. A room that Blane was sent away from which is also watched over by a security guard. In addition to reminding you about the guard and Blane's previous bad experience trying to see Hugo I gave you narrative warning that your loitering was likely to be an issue, especially if you drew attention to yourselves. There was opportunity to revaluate your situation and adjust. Blane's first course of action was to peak into other people's rooms and draw the attention of the guard. Something that happened sooner than I was intending to happen.

What is done is done. There still is an opportunity here for Angela and Alan, at the cost of loosing Blane's involvement in the scene. You'd just be switching from the fake praying to the diistaction idea, with Blane being the distraction.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I guess we'll just have to work with it then.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Most hospital hallways I've been in can hold three loitering people praying easily. Thus, it never occurred to me that we would be in the way.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'll reiterate that I hate this plan, but its what we're going with so I'll commit fully.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'll clarify on the hallway topic: As I imagine it the three of you gathered in one spot take up roughly a third of the hallway's width. Not a big deal when things are calm. However if some emergency arises, you could pose an impediment. Someone would eventually ask you to move along or disperse to avoid that becoming an issue. Maybe after five or ten minutes. It was, in part, to give you a time limit and just a little tension. That way you didn't feel like you could stand there as long as you wanted.

This was cut short by Blane drawing attention to your group. Rather than call Angela and Alan out as guilty by associating with Blane, the guard used your loitering as a justification for sending them away.

Doctor Malsyn, I have advice for the future, if you do not mind receiving some: If you don't like a plan, or find that events have arisen that make your plan less appealing, you do not need to stay committed to it. You can take a step back, revaluate the situation, and try to achieve your goal via other means. Things will arise that you may not have expected or did not notice at first. You do not have to continue with a plan you feel is failing.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Angela does not have The Sight and Self Control active at this point. She may spend a HP at any time to activate them.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Could she attack it with her Cleave, if I told her where it was?
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Yes. However, attacking this thing would be as though it had Total Concealment if Angela can't see it with The Sight. I am also giving you the element of surprise, so Angela can get an attack in before the antagonist has a chance to react to your presence.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eugh. The description of that gives me shivers. Are we in combat? Does Hugo look in danger of bleeding out from that?
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm happy to hear about the shivers. You are in combat, as Angela attacked this thing, but not necessarily tactical level combat rounds. It is only one antagonist, there is no need for Initiative and marking turn order. The flow will be more narrative. As for Hugo, he just had a vein torn open. Yes, he is at risk of bleeding out.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As someone familiar with how hospitals are laid out, would he know if or where emergency bandages would be locsted within the room?
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

To my understanding medical supplies are kept in designated storage rooms, not the rooms that patients stay in. Alan could use shirts and bed sheets to improvise bandages. Those would be immediately on hand and he wouldn't have to search or bust something open.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I actually have a propper medical kit, yet not once has it been within reachnof my character naratively when it's need became apparent. Luckily I've rolled well enough to compensate out of sheer grit and determination.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

We are so fucked.