[OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by jmucchiello »

Again, stealing medical charts? Dirk might have done these things but he's in hiding.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If you are intent on doing leg work (gather information and investigate), there is some to do inside the hospital and some to do outside the hospital as the PCs have pointed out. While Alan is restricted to the hospital for a while Angela and Blane can go either way. Though their being at the hospital past visiting hours (let's say 8 PM) will likely draw unwanted attention.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I was kind of expecting you to tell us what exists in the vicinity of the minimart in the direction the zombie came from that would just be player knowledge. One of us might have more than passing familiarity with the area.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It is in a location that gradually begins to fade into rural territory. There are some scattered buildings. A field. Beyond the field was a forest. The undead came from the direction of the field. If you want more detail, you'll need to go there and look around. If you feel you character has a great deal of local knowledge, some manner of check reflecting that would be needed. Expertise Windenburgh is the obvious option, I'll consider others if someone has a proposal.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

No, I just wanted what you said above. We were there. We should have seen the forest and the fields and the scattered buildings. Until you said that, we were on a road with gray nothing around it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What year is it again? Would something like a google search be a thing?
"Something pithy this way comes."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:45 pm What year is it again? Would something like a google search be a thing?
1999, and Google was still pretty new on the scene. Most people were using Yahoo, although the cool kids were using Alta Vista.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thank you
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

There is zero chance you can access the Internet from your hospital bed in 1999. There's no WiFi and I doubt someone in the hospital's IT department will run a Cat-5 cable to your room.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

jmucchiello wrote:No, I just wanted what you said above. We were there. We should have seen the forest and the fields and the scattered buildings. Until you said that, we were on a road with gray nothing around it.
During the first scene I was describing what was immediately relevant. Beyond that was generalized to keep your attention focused on the scene, where I wanted it. If I leave something out that you feel is relevant, it is up to you to ask for information or have your character seek it out. No one asked for details beyond the minimart until recently.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Blane wrote: … there are ghosts all around this place. I don't know if this is normal for a hospital but I saw them everywhere.
That is inaccurate. Blane can say what he wants to, but he only saw twelve. That was also in a specific area: in the hallway outside Hugo's room.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Sakuro wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:11 am
Blane wrote: … there are ghosts all around this place. I don't know if this is normal for a hospital but I saw them everywhere.
That is inaccurate. Blane can say what he wants to, but he only saw twelve. That was also in a specific area: in the hallway outside Hugo's room.
Ah, I did not get that sense from the description. Perhaps it was because it seemed like that was the only place Blane looked or could see. I'll revised my statement, not in edit, but in a follow-up/reconsider.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

jmucchiello wrote:did the clothes the zombies were wearing look like burial finery or normal every day street clothes?
The undead were wearing every day clothes.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

IOW, they didn't look like the dug themselves out of graves, right?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I don't know what "iow" means. As for the question … what does it look like when a person to digs themselves out of a grave?