[IC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
HP: 3
-{o}-

Ghosts? That proves one of his theories correct at least. "Perhaps, if they can be reasoned with... They might act as a third party source of information."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Angela, are we keen for Ryan Dirkwood first or zombie backtracking?"

"Not sure," she says. "Ryan might be a lone operator or he might be the guy behind this whole thing." She sighs. "Or any number of other possibilities in between. On the other hand, we can't rule out more zombies attacking some other place so that's probably more of a priority."

(ooc: did the clothes the zombies were wearing look like burial finery or normal every day street clothes?)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Brother Blane pauses in thought. "Actually, now that I think on it, the ghosts were mostly concentrated around Hugo's room. The boy might be a medium and that's why the Dark Forces are so interested in him or maybe whatever Craft the nurse is using is attracting them."
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Maybe we should do something now, Blane," Angela says. "Looking for where the zombies came from seems least likely to get us into trouble with the law. Though, it also seems likely to be a way we get into other kinds of trouble."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"If you wish to do that, then I shall attempt to do some legwork while I'm still stuck in this hospital. Perhaps I can see if these things you observered are still there, and if they're cognitive. If they are, then I might not even need to enter the rooms in question."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Alright, I'll trust Alan to know his limits when it comes to 'leg work'." Brother Blane looks a little dubiously at the hospitalized forensics technician. "Shall we head over there now, Angela? It's still midday, isn't it?" Blane checks the time.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Yes, it might be one o'clock at the latest," Angela say, noting there's no clock in the room. "Let's get going." She looks at Alan. "Be careful."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Brother Blane will use the phone in Alan's room (or ask to borrow a cell phone if there wasn't one) to get a hold of (or leave a message for) Lucas's sister. He'll leave her Alan's number and asks her if she would consent to allow Alan, a trusted medical professional see her brother (assuming Lucas is allowed visitors).

He'll likewise call the Parish and ask if any messages have been left for him or if there's any urgent pieces of business that need his input.

Otherwise he's ready to head out. Though he does ask Alan if he knows what the police protocol would be. If the cops have cordoned off are where they'd be looking to go it'd be a little silly.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I hope you have a car, Blane," Angela said. "I walked over here as I don't live far from the hospital."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I don't normally. But the Good Lord provides. Lucas's truck is in my care and we were at that minimart on route to pick up a donation of food for the Parish. Say, you wouldn't mind if we complete that task while we're out, would you?" The priest asks.

If she's amenable, Blane will borrow a phone once again and arrange for the house visit and food pick up of the generous donor for later that day/evening.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"I'll do what I can here," Alan speaks. He proceeds to tell them what to expect once they reach the crime scene, having been to them several times in the past already [Routine check of 16 for Procedures]. "I wish I could come with you, yet my fear of the wrath my fiance would display far outweighs my desire to discharge myself from the hospital."

He swings his legs over the side, grasping the IV stand with his left hand. "Maybe I can find where they hid my pack and lighter while I'm up too."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"That should be fine, Blane," Angela says. "I canceled all my appointments today." She turns to Alan. "Stay safe. And don't smoke in the hospital."

"Let's go."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

There is no phone in Alan's room, so Blane is left borrowing Angela's cellphone. His call to Sofia, Lucas' older sister, doesn't reach her. He is able to leave a phone on their anwsering machine, which features a duet of the sibling's voices as they invite callers to leave a message and the number they can return a call to. They sound happy in the recording. It is still early in the afternoon. Yesterday Sofia had still been working this time of day.

Calling the parish Blane is informed that he has received another call from a journalist seeking to interview him about the events at the minimart. Sally also mentions that she caught a middle aged woman painting 'child killer' on the front door to the church. She alludes to a verbal quarrel between herself and the woman before the stranger departed. It wasn't a pressing issue, as the woman was already gone and gave no personal information, but Sally pointed out the obvious by telling Blane that people painting 'child killer' on a church door is not a good thing.

Concerning how the police would handle the events at the minimart, they likely would trying to finish up any investigating at the site quickly so that the business could get up and running again. If the police had reason to expand their investigation, Alan does not know. But it is possible the area Blane and Angela are headed to could be cordoned off by police if they followed a trail to the origin of the undead. Though everyone had a story that described the attack being gang related.

After warning Alan to be safe and chiding him about smoking in the hospital Angela departs with Blane. Leaving the hospital in Lucas' beat up truck the two driving out of the city proper. Buildings become fewer and farther apart. Pavement turns to grass and trees become more common. The two eventually arrive at the scene of yesterday's battle. The minimart is a mess. Frank and Joey look to be cleaning up the area … arguing as they do so. There are a smattering of buildings in the area, houses and small businesses. A couple blocks away is a fenced off field with some a handful of cows meandering about. There is a section of the field's fencing that has been knocked down and a man in blue jeans, white t-shirt, and wearing a red baseball cap is working to repair it.Beyond the field is a copse of trees.
OOC wrote:I know Blane wanted to leave Alan's number with Sofia, but as there is no number for the room. You may leave the number for Angela's cellphone. She might not want that handed out to a stranger though.

Alan swings his legs over the side of the bed as Angel and Blane departs. He needs to grasp hold of the IV for support and put some of his weight on it as a wave of light headedness hits him, along with a stabbing paint in his neck. Getting around wasn't going to be fun, or easy, if he had this to look forward to as he undertook his investigation. As he began to rise to his feet Alan felt a tug on his arm and chest. Looking down he was reminded of his first obstacle, though not such a large one depending on how he chose to handle it: he was still connected to monitoring devices.
OOC wrote:How is Alan going to deal with the monitoring equipment? After he handles that, what is he planning to do for his hospital investigation?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

The first option is alqays the simplest, and wuite possibly the hardest he had avaible to him. If it worked though, then his options following were much wider. He pressed the nurse call button, so that he might try to negotiate being allowed to "go for a walk" inside the hospital.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Brother Blane will pull into the minimart's parking lot but take one of the farther away spaces. He'll head first to where Frank and Joey were sweeping up. "Joey, Frank. You guys okay?" He was prepared to ignore any attitude from the troubled youth and focused somewhat on the older man. "I wanted to make good on that offer of purchasing the case of cola I used the other day." He holds up a ten dollar bill.