[IC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
HP: 3
-{o}-

"Well, I'm more enjoying being alive then my stay hrre in particular. Nothing I can really complain over," He glanced down at thr bowl in his hand, the sensations of his... Hallucination, were still vividly there. "Though I don't think the food here is exceptionally appealing. Already lost my appetite."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Is there a different way we can approach conversations like that in the future?" Blane asks Angela. "I can't really change my appearance, if that was the problem. I'm not good at deception either in training or preference so if the truth can't get us where we need to go I fear the Good Lord might not have sent the right people for the job." Blane says heavily.

"What are your thoughts?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I think you jumped into it a bit too hard," Angela says. "We're both a bit muscular. We're both probably forward. That works with some people. But other need to eased into. You offered to help as soon as you said hello. Maybe that was wrong for this guy. I don't know. Also, that guy probably wasn't in a good mood since a supposed gang wrecked his fence."

"Who knows what we're supposed to do? Even with your faith, you don't know we're supposed to investigate anything."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alan
"Good. We wouldn't want you to get too comfortable. Otherwise you might not want to go home and get back to work."

There was a slight warmth to Ryan's voice. That good natured caregiver voice that medical professional the world over used when addressing patients. Warm, but there was just enough detachment in it to register as professionalism. He watched Alan though, and when his eyes dropped to the bowl of unappetizing soup, Ryan gave the food a quick glance before returning his eyes to Alan's face.

"You should try to eat something. Even if it is only a little."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We'll do the best we can, then. It just doesn't feel very heroic." Brother Blane says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"Yes, work... I'll finish this eventually," He conceded, though he sat the bowl of soup down at the table. "Little by little until my stomach settles. Need to build my strength back up, I don't want to stay here too long, pleasant though the company may be."

Alan leans back into his wheelchair, face stony, hands in his lap. "As much faith as I have in my colleagues I imagine things would be going much smoother if I could be there in the lab with them. What happened was... Just such a huge mess." He paused, blinking, before looking at Ryan. "Are you aware of the circumstances that brought me in?"
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Should we feel heroic?" Angela says. "Alan got banged up pretty bad. And we only saves two other people. Everyone else was slaughtered. We had our asses handed to us. There was no rhyme or reason to it either. The... The zombies weren't making a political statement. They did not get any enjoyment from their killing. They weren't even killing for food. They were just killing for no reason. Why? How can the world be like that?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"There's a whole minimart full of people that would argue with your count, there." Brother Blane says. "And Lucas, Hugo, and that other guy are alive if not whole. And we can work on that. As to reason, that smart guy, Alan will likely figure that out, or maybe the little squirrely fellow will come back with fresh insights. There's always hope; though maybe you should do the talking in a situation like we were in back there. You're more naturally charismatic and as opposite a scary big black guy as there could be."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alan
Alan wasn't eatting, but Ryan was. While Alan was talking he took the time to scoop up portions of pot pie, and shovel it into his mouth. When Alan posed his question about whether Ryan knew about the reason for his being hospitalized, Ryan took the time to wash the food down with a drink of orange juice from a plastic bottle situated left of his meal. Once his mouth was clear of food and drink he responded.

"Contrary to what some may believe, people that work in a hospital do not know everything. No, I do not know how you came to be here. Or anything about you, other than your name, that you read Greg Bear, and that you work in a lab of some kind. Do you perform research for a company?"
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun May 31, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"Forensics." He stated, simply. "Was caught up in something that happened yesterday. An attack on a gas station. Barely made it out with my life, but your doctors here helped me pull through."

Alan notes the way the man eats, and watches the way he reacts to the new information.

Insight: 21 Does he seem to be eating normally, is he acting any different when being told about the gas station attack, etc.
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alan
Alan studies Ryan's mannerisms, demeanor, body language, and expression while talking about his personal trauma. There is a note of acknowledgement in Ryan's face. The mention of violence at a gas station.

"I heard about that on the news. Sounded awful."

The unspoken lose of life had the expected reaction from a medical professional. There were notes of sympathy for the victims and disgust for all the death and harm done. Ryan was quiet for a moment and it took him a little longer than previously to go in for another bite of food. Ryan used his left hand. It was the arm with the faint impressions of a bite mark at the forearm. He ate quickly, chewing fast like someone restraining hunger, as though he hadn't eaten in a while. Or someone who needed to finish their food fast and get back to work.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"It was," he agreed. "I'd asked my nurse about what happened to the others brought in, thought they would've been released already. Somehow, it seems I'm the only one still left awake."

Alan takes the bowl in hand, stirring the contents with a spoon briefly. "Trauma, perhaps? I didn't think they'd gotten injured like I had. Wish I'd have been able to help sooner."
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Seven or eight people. Out of how many?" Angela says. "I'm sure you're use to seeing the bright side, the good side. I thought I was like that. Until yesterday, I think I was. Now I'm not so sure looking at the bright side helps when the dark side is so dark."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Seven or eight people that are otherwise alive and 4 new Warriors for the side of Light, forged in adversity and bound by the Touch of the Divine." Brother Blane says. "This does not discount the bad things that happened, those deaths were horrible and someone is responsible, but I hope you can take solace and heart in what good that did come from yesterday. And we can continue to do good where we find opportunities to do so."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I'm just really tired, today," Angela says.