For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by jmucchiello »

Angela Skyking
HP: 2, Status: Normal
Friday 23, July 1999, late afternoon
Insight: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12

"Alan, did you hear everything I said? We need to be consistent," Angela whispers.

(Do we hear any commotion at the elevator or is that now on the first floor?)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Blane
The people at the elevator door don't respond to Blane's words. They do, however, slowly back away. As though if they moved too fast or turned their backs on him he might attack them too. A nurse walking down the hallway stops at the sight of the scene and begins to approach to inspect the guard. Holding her hands up she makes she Blane can see them while she speaks quietly to one of the people gaping at the large black man who appears to have assaulted the white security guard.

"Go get someone from security."

With the nurse having spoken to the person directly they snap out of their staring fixation on the bloody guard, nod, and then run off. After they have left the nurse turns to Blane and speaks to him in her best 'I'm calm. Listen to my calm voice.' voice.

"Sir, please step away from the guard. I need to take a look at his injuries."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
HP: 4
-{o}-

"Whirlwind of motion," Alan slurred, his vission getting hazier. His words continue to trail off. "Lot's of... Lot's of wind and blood. Tried to s-save him, tried my best..."

Assist: 19 Might be 2 degrees of success for a +5

As he was finally pulled away, he looked again at the situation as a whole, to really understand what was going on.

Insight: 28
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Brother Blane
HP: 2

Blane scoots back and stays in the corner of the elevator, as out of the way as he can. His own uninjured hands are on his knees still in a crouch.

He'll offer no resistance when security finally comes.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Angela and Alan
Angela gives her story to the doctor and she's pretty sure he bought it. At the very least no one was shouting for security. That was a good sign.

Alan sees what his companion misses. There is restrain suspicion on the doctor's face. He didn't buy into what she said at all. In fact, Alan is pretty sure the questions the two of you have been asked are meant less for his benefit and more so to keep your attention on him and away from the nurse he sent for a 'stretcher'. Now there are a pair of security guards approaching from the direction the nurse left in. They move at a steady, unrushed pace. Eyes on Alan and Angela.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
HP: 5
-{o}-

Alan' hand weak, tries to brush Angela's arm just enough to draw her attention to the security officers coming at pace. He didn't have the strength to do anything by himself.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Angela Skyking

"They didn't believe me, did they? What should I do, Alan?" She whispers. "You need to go back to your room?" She says louder. She starts to push Alan away from the security guards. Not fast, not slow. But looking to turn a corner if she can.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"Take me there if you can, leave as soon as you're able. I will... Try to convince them we weren't doing anything wrong."
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Ma'am, you need to come with us."

A deep masculine voice calls out from behind Angela a few seconds after she has turned her back to the guards. Moving at a brisk pace she pushes Alan ahead of her, the two conspiring as they attempt to withdraw from the pursuing guards. There is a call from one of the guards for people to step aside. The sound shuffling feet as the few people left in Angela's wake move to comply. There is also the sound of more rapid, heavier feet pounding against the tiled floor as the two guards pick up their pace to catch up with Angela and Alan.
OOC wrote:You are roughly half way down the hallway. The guards are about a quarter of the way down one end. The guards are actually moving quickly, now that they see Angela moving briskly away from them. If you want to get to the end of the hall in the opposite direction and round the corner so that you are out of sight before they reach you Angela needs to run and make an Athletics check. Because if she starts running the guards will move from a jog to a run as well.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"What, Alan?" She says a little loudly. "Yes, Yes, I'll take you to your room right now." She picks up her pace a little to coincide with her 'obvious' concern about getting Alan back to his room. When she gets around the corner, she will speed up. She hopes she can get to his room and close the door before the guards make it around the corner.

Athletics: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Angela briskly moves down the hall and takes a right at the T-section. Once she is assured that she is out of line of sight of the guards she begins to accelerate to a run North, back the way to Alan's room. The hallway isn't empty there. There are people in it. Patients, visitors, and hospital staff. Maybe a dozen people between Angela and the end of the hallway, where she knows she needs to turn left before it is more or less a straight line to Alan's room.

The blonde sprints down the hall, pushing Alan along for a dizzying ride that includes a lot of weaving to and fro as Angela has to dodge more than one person who is not quick enough to get out of the way on their own. Behind the two of you there are heavier, though still distant, foot falls of the guards. There are shouts of 'Hey!', 'Watch it!', and varied curses from people that Angela nearly bowls over in her rush while the guards call out 'Stop!' and 'Clear the hallway!'.

As you pass the mid point going North you reach a four way intersection and nearly slam into someone a gurney with an unconscious patient being pushed towards the elevator. A nurse at the nurse's station looks up at this point and hollers after the two of you as you go racing by.

"No running in the hall!"

It is a frenzied mad dash, but the sound of the guard's shouts and the their heavy drumming footfalls on the tiled floor of the hospital grow more silent. Eventually Angela is able to round another corner, breaking line of sight with the guards again. In a final sprint she makes it to Alan's room, opens the door and shoves his wheel chair inside and closes the door behind her leaving Alan's chair to coast a few feet into the room under the momentum of Angela's run.

The room is still. Light leaks inside from the window on the other side of the bed.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

She makes sure the door doesn't slam as it closes. "Do you need help getting into bed? Or should I flee?" She asks Alan as she grabs the chair before it slams into the bed. She whips the curtain around the bed as added cover.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

"I'll... I'll be fine. You need to go, let them calm down. I have your number now, I'll call you when I can to update you. Try to... Distract yourself for a little while. We need to bw careful, but we also need to move quickly."

He get's out, atarting to stand up from his wheelchair. The edges of his vision are hazy and black. While he knew how pressing their situation was, right now he personally had to move slow.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Angela Skyking

Angela steps out of the room and looks for the stairs down or a public bathroom, whichever comes first.

(EDITED)
Last edited by jmucchiello on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Alan T. Darwin
-{o}-

'A wraith.' He repeated in his mind, for lack of anything better to call what he'd just seen. 'Malignant spirits... Echies of the dead. How. How the he'll can that exist? Why does it exist?'

In the eye he could no longer close something burned, that desire to understand, to know. He would need to do everything he could in order to fully comprehend the nature of these entities. Everything at his disposal to get closer to that goal.

While Angela was figuring out her next move, Alan did not go for his bed. Instead he went around it towards the bag where he had been keeping it. what he wanted to do was take it to the lab and run it though some tests to fully understand what reactions it might have with the human body, but the best way to know, to truly understand something... Is to experience it yourself.

The man began to poor a cup with strange green liquid, willing with every fiber of his being that it might take hold quickly- and hoped desperately it wouldn't lead to consequence.
------------