MnM 3E - Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: MnM 3E - Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night (IC)

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"Shall we patrol a bit and work up an appetite for music and food?" she asked, stretching out her wings. "We can be back in time for the band you mentioned first set."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Okay, but real quick like." Izzy says looking down as if he can see through the roof to the stage below. "Morgan, can we have a cellular phone to contact you if there are any issues?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan nods.

"I thought you might want a means to communicate." He reaches into his pocket and produces a small flip phone. "I chose this for anonymity and durability... Numbers are actually encrypted though. My line is the first contact, I added Mr Heyward as well.

"You should try to be back in about two hours or so. It'll be easier to get you inside and you can watch them warm up."
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 04, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

The gargoyle bowed gratefully. "Thank you Morgan. You are a true friend." she said, gripping his shoulder in a friendly, yet gentle squeeze of gratitude.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Radical!" Izzy says taking the cell and storing it. "Wait, is that still a thing people say?"

"And rather than us picking a random direction, Morgan, where is the worst part of town? Or a place that has seen a lot of crime recently?"
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"No, Izzy. It's not." Morgan says with a smile. "To answer your question, about 2-3 blocks as the Gargoyle flies north-east of here.

"One of the lower tier gang makes their home there and is often attacked by rivals. They are just strong enough to hold their position, be viable partners to trade with now and again and of course at night make things miserable for the residents. The residents though, actively defend them as their only protection against others...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So who's side should we be on?" Cassielle says. "If the residents defend them, it can't be too miserable, can it? Who exactly are these 'Others' and do we want them thinking we're moving in on their turf?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Twade? Are they people you twade with Mister Morgan?" Min asks. "An' it sounds like this 'Low Tears Gang' protects the people,... like Gargoyles. And are sometimes annoying, like the stowies when Hatchlings would get into the Castles' hay piles on into the gardens of way long ago.... Or when Uncle Broadway would eat everything!"

"Is that it?"
Min asks and Ariel cocks her head in a sideways question.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"I think It's more like rival groups of Vikings battling over a choice coastal town, where the residents favor one group because they have married into the town and because they know them, vs another group that has not. Each are evil in their own way, but the residents prefer one sort of evil over another. Better the devil you know as grandmother would say." she cocked her head at Morgan. "It it like that?"

Battle Init
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Dina

Dina perches carefully upon the outer wall, gazing out there, out among all the people of the city, listening as they go about their busy lives.

His ears perk carefully, twitching to the left and to the right, as he listens in on the underlying calls of the city, the radio, the police band, the fire.. trying to pick up on something useful.

His hands work as he listens, fidgeting with a few pieces of scrap, crafting a small mechanical gargoyle to sit beside him, someone to watch over the place while they are gone. Nothing too fancy, nothing with too much intelligence, a small pet everything more.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Evie, that would be a good analogy." Morgan says.

Heyward grunts, an obvious distaste foe any kind of criminal element in his posture.

"If it was up to me," he says. "I'd run through there like a bull in a china shop and put an end to them all. But, it's true. They do protect some of the residents - if only to lean on them for food and money. We definitely do NOT trade in their kind of fare."

"Easy, my friend." Morgan says to Heyward. "You are correct, but there is little we could do... until perhaps now.

"My suggestion is to get the lay of the land for yourselves. I could tell you whose side to be on, but the truth is that it is not that simple. Try to limit involvement to perhaps a few small crimes to start - to perhaps gauge escalation?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"If we turn the locals against us through ignorance and arrogance, we would do little good and great harm." Evie agreed. "We shall be careful."

Battle Init
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ariel, with Min mounted, orients toward the North-east, speculatively.
Are there buildings to leap to with 500 ft and enough to make my way the few blocks via rooftops?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Izzy stows the phone in a fanny pack, wondering if that accessory too had gone out of style.

"Hey guys, enemies are just friends that haven't realized how charming I am yet." the bright ochre bard says with a smile.

"Do you know the gang name? And others in the area?" Edit: He directs the last at Morgan or Rock.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed May 06, 2020 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Min snorts in laughter and Ariel rolls her eyes.