MnM 3E - Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: MnM 3E - Gargoyles: Defenders of the Night (IC)

Post by kirinke »

Evie

The gargoyle shrugs, the ability to teleport tends to make her less claustrophobic than her clan-mates. Still, she can empathize with it.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Izzy looks to the homeless 'man', questioningly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"A good idea. Yes. That would be agreeable. But.... from a different alley. It will still draw attention, and I'd rather the entrance to my home not be her new personal place of interest."

Did he shudder when he reference this person?

It takes moment or two more to plan and choose a spot, but with the water shield above you and the comfort of knowing it can be dropped easily to permit your departure you begin to actually discuss the sitatuation.

"Mr. Weiler." He snarks, referring back to the way he had been addressed a few minutes earlier, "Gotta admit, I like that...

"Anyway, Morgan told me to be on the lookout for you. The others aren't aware of you yet. I'd like to keep it that way. Me, I'm not to fussy about good help. They can be pretty stupidly territorial. Morgan says you're good eggs, I've seen a couple of eps of the series you supossedly come from... pretty freaking cool.

"Anyway, yes. Missing children. Main reason its not all over the news is that for the most part, its poor kids disappearing and who really cares about the poor? I bet if it was a bunch of rich kids, it would be all over the news and that fancy phone of yours would be pinging all kinds with updates. But nope, half a dozen poor kids are a few statistics and not much more.

"Don't get me wrong, there are a few cops genuinely working the case, but they are under funded and don't have the resources for this one. Besides, it's way above their paygrade. See, personally I think Auntie Em is back. Well, that she Merged with us and is trying to establish herself. Nasty character. Ever read Oliver Twist? Em is worse than Fagin.

"And she's hiding herself super well so far."

- Spectrum - take a HP.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"Who is Auntie Em?" she asked. "I take it you are not referring to Dorothy's relatives." she said, having read the Wizard of Oz before they had been cursed.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Esmerelda. Nasty character, something of a Diva with delusions of grandeur."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"Forgive me, you might want to start from the beginning. When I said we're new here, I wasn't lying. We've been in a cursed stone-sleep since before the Merge and it was broken not long ago, so all of this, is very new."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Izzy listens, but his face turns a bit scowley. "In addition to more info on this 'Em', any commonalities in the victims such as location they've gone missing from, time of day, gender, color, horn style, if applicable."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Dina

The small furry gargoyle reaches once more into his pocket, bringing out one of these new fashioned intelligent telephonic devices.

"Esmeralda..
Cities in Cuba, Australia, Brazil, the States, Chile, Bolivia and.. Chile again.
A trickster woman in a French religious tract or.. an animated movie.
Television shows from Mexico, Valenzuela, Brazil
*a moment of excitement*
or that old show with the blonde witch?"

He looks up again. "Nothing too helpful here."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ariel will change rooftops, continuing to run overwatch for the group. After Min relays that the man is worried about sky watchers though she'll try to stay in the shadows and dampening her fire.

Min moves unseen with the group, a silent lurker.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Can I get a perception check from Ariel plz ?

Meanwhile, your host tells you about the children that have been kidnapped. For the most part, kids from poorer areas, which has resulted in less fanfare and outrage in the media. He goes on for a solid minute that if these were well to do kids then all hell would break loose, but with things the way they are, these kids have to rely on a salty old wolf like him and a pack of young adults one step above thugs...

Esmerelda, he adds is the type you hope you never meet and is someone you"d feel great pity for and then immediately regret it. Hides beneath a hood, and loves to collect beautiful things. He needs help tracking the old hag. You get the feeling that his reference of hag is not just about her looks and age...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"Do you have anything we can get a scent from?" she tapped her nose. "We aren't lacking in that area and since we can fly, we can probably cover more ground than you can."

Battle Init
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ariel is alert, sniffing the air and listening out for danger.
Perception: 1D20+15 = [15]+15 = 30

Scent: Acute, Extended, Accurate, Tracking 2, Hearing Extended, Ultrahearing,
She doesn't have darkvision or extended vision. Her senses will most come from scent or hearing I'd think.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Izzy is inwardly worried that they'll miss out on the club tonight but doesn't give voice to those selfish thoughts.

"Or a place she was at last and maybe we can pick up her trail from there."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"That's the problem. I can't find her. None of us can." Is the matter of fact answer. "I think our best bet is locating the kids. I have a name and address of the latest to go missing. Six year old boy, name of Michael. Parents live in a low-rent complex about three blocks from La Sanctuaire."

Izzy looks at the clock on the phone, you still have a good hour or so.

Ariel sees a winged shape - too large to be a bird, much to large - on the edge of a building. At a glance, it looks as if it might be a gargoyle...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Evie

"Shall we go with you, or you with us? Your presence would help smooth our way." she looked down at herself and the others. "I have learned that gargoyles are rather frightening to humans who do not know us." her wings shivered in memory. "I do not wish our first meeting with the locals to end in screams and attacks."

Battle Init