Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Another D&D Game - Recruiting done & PCs chosen

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

THEN LET THE MATING BEGIN!!
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vivid wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:52 pm Yay! I've always liked the storyline in Sin City where Jessica Alba's character is rescued by Bruce Willis' character. Though Abigail is more the slightly shy (more just awkward) bookworm that Nancy came across as in her letters.
How often do you think Jakkar would visit Abigail?
I see you've been hanging out with Flynn :lol:

I swear that my next character will be named Jakkar ;~)

As for how often Jarrak would visit: no less than once a year. It's hard to really say much without a better idea of the setting. Are there smaller towns in the area, how long does it take to travel around, how often are their caravans or troupes moving about, how dangerous are the roads?
Also depends on how badly Abigail seems to need the visits. If she's literally alone in the world and the visits were that important to her he'd probably visit more often, though he wouldn't be settling down in the city.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wasn't me! :)

Some consonants are easy to transpose.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Oh, I'm sorry. I have mild dyslexia. I'll be better about it.

Uncle Jarrak's visits are highly looked-forward-to. I imagine he's the only one she really actively hugs when ever she sees. (trying to play a high-charisma introvert is interesting. I'm trying to find models in shows or movies.)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vivid wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 am Oh, I'm sorry. I have mild dyslexia. I'll be better about it.
You and everybody else! :lol:
Don't mistake me, I'm in no way offended, I was just using the opportunity to poke fun at Flynn for doing the same thing. I've used the character as an NPC in another game and all of the players called him Jakkar too. And I do mean everybody!

Besides, I'm not much better on the dyslexia thing.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Pay him no mind, Ark's just curmudgeon-y, and Canadian. There's that, too.

He and I have been tooling around these boards so long we're like those two old grandpas on rockers on the porch yelling at kids to get off their lawn who playfully raz each other too.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

So in the last few days I've managed to get a bit of work done (beside my actual job that is) and finally got the map finished as well as a listing of known places. I've also added this to the first page of this thread (which will be getting renamed soonish).

Map of Hyboria:
Athas River

Tirisfal (lands of the elves, kingdom of Silvermoon)

Eversong Pass (route most commonly used to journey between Tirisfal and Caerleon)

Tamoe Mountains (home of dwarves)

West Mount Nomri (connected to its Eastern counterpart by several portals scattered throughout tunnels that are honeycombed within it)

East Mount Nomri (connected to its Western counterpart by several portals scattered throughout tunnels that are honeycombed within it)

Yun-Silth Jungles (an unknown area as every exploration group sent there have never returned)

Bulgor Wastelands (a massive desert, home to several nomadic tribes of various races)

Zakarum Wilderness (home of the Wolfen Domain)

Arreat Ridge

Kalimdor Mountains (mountains and surrounding land that is home to nomadic barbarians)

Opal Island

Kurast Bay

Caerleon (kingdom of humans)
Last edited by Tattooedman on Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[It's cool to see the relationships that have built up.]

Neat map, Tatooedman!

Where are the PCs starting?

You seem to have two Mount Nomri's. One could be East Nomri and the other West Nomri. They could be connected by a portal that links the two to help intercontinental trade.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

neat

mix of WOW and Palladium fantasy

quick aside barring her being on a contract I Kiaras home base would be the major capital city since that's where the most work would be
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vivid wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:32 pm [It's cool to see the relationships that have built up.]
Yes it is!

That said, the members do not need to know everyone else. Just a suggestion, as it would probably be a bit easier, for example, to say that Jarrak knows Lan, Jack, & Tiberium while Kiara knows Abigail & Lan, while Tiberium knows Anne & Jarrak.
Vivid wrote:Neat map, Tatooedman!

Where are the PCs starting?
Thank you!

The group will be staring out in the town of Phandelver, in Caerleon.
Vivid wrote:You seem to have two Mount Nomri's. One could be East Nomri and the other West Nomri. They could be connected by a portal that links the two to help intercontinental trade.
…well crap. Thought I'd changed that mistake before I posted it. :oops:

Well, I've been around the gaming table long enough now to know when to take a good suggestion and run with it. So congrats Vivid, you just made the first PC update to the setting (I'm sure there will be more).
catsi563 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 pm neat

mix of WOW and Palladium fantasy
And a tiny bit of Diablo II & Conan. :D

Glad someone noticed some of the bits of influence I had for the setting.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Re: Adventures In Hyboria (Another D&D game): OCC thread

Post by Vivid »

Thanks for taking the suggestion.

I do still like the link between Abigail and Jarrak - That he was a traveler with Abigail's troupe and saved her from the bandit attack that killed her parents. He brought her to the Sacred Library (or stumbled across Library Clerics while injured from the fighting). A small bout of hero worship would really add to an otherwise stuffy (1-dimensional) personality.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Where in Caerleon is Phandelver? Given the amount of elven influence in the party it may be more on the Eastern side near where Eversong Pass transitions from the Elven lands.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:27 am Where in Caerleon is Phandelver? Given the amount of elven influence in the party it may be more on the Eastern side near where Eversong Pass transitions from the Elven lands.

Phandelver is closer to the Eversong Pass. I will update the map.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vivid wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:14 pm I do still like the link between Abigail and Jarrak - That he was a traveler with Abigail's troupe and saved her from the bandit attack that killed her parents. He brought her to the Sacred Library (or stumbled across Library Clerics while injured from the fighting). A small bout of hero worship would really add to an otherwise stuffy (1-dimensional) personality.
I kind of like the link as well.
Could even be the turning point from old injured solider turned entertainer over to paladin.
Made his final stand to protect his fellow travelers and, unexpectedly, didn't die ;~)
Tattooedman wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:33 pm That said, the members do not need to know everyone else. Just a suggestion, as it would probably be a bit easier, for example, to say that Jarrak knows Lan, Jack, & Tiberium while Kiara knows Abigail & Lan, while Tiberium knows Anne & Jarrak.
Yeah, makes sense.
And Gretchen was the best character on Recess, Flynn ;~)