Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Adventures In Hyboria (Another D&D game): OCC thread

Post by Vivid »

What's easiest on you Tattoedman: for the players to post actions in order or do you want everyone to post at once and you consolidate at the end? The latter risks the chance of people targeting the same [potentially defeated] enemy, but it might be worth it for expediency sake. Or if us posting in order so you can just deal with the results of one person's turn is simpler for you we can accomodate.

And to the earlier point of group rolls such as Perception or Initiative, would that be something you were willing to do if we all agreed? I know you said you're generally busy and I'm sure no one wants to add to your load, but if that would be quicker...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Much better said than I could!

I could also see problems if one of the PCs ended up creating additional effects. For example, I was trying to force a 'morale check' cutting the scene short/er.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

and sorry Catsi!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vivid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:43 am What's easiest on you Tattoedman: for the players to post actions in order or do you want everyone to post at once and you consolidate at the end? The latter risks the chance of people targeting the same [potentially defeated] enemy, but it might be worth it for expediency sake. Or if us posting in order so you can just deal with the results of one person's turn is simpler for you we can accomodate.
It's be easier for me if the players would post in order.
Vivid wrote: And to the earlier point of group rolls such as Perception or Initiative, would that be something you were willing to do if we all agreed? I know you said you're generally busy and I'm sure no one wants to add to your load, but if that would be quicker...
If everyone was ok with me doing those rolls I wouldn't have a problem doing it. I just don't want anyone to feel that they're being railroaded by my handling rolls for the group.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's no trouble with you rolling my iniative on your own
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 am If everyone was ok with me doing those rolls I wouldn't have a problem doing it. I just don't want anyone to feel that they're being railroaded by my handling rolls for the group.
No problems here. It has the potential to speed things up nicely as others wisely point out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

generally prefer to roll on my own but I know ive had some wonky scheduling lately so if i ever hold things up feel free to move me forward
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 am It's be easier for me if the players would post in order.
Just to be clear, players post in order but should the players wait until you resolve the current player's actions before the next player posts?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 am It's be easier for me if the players would post in order.
Just to be clear, players post in order but should the players wait until you resolve the current player's actions before the next player posts?
Yes please.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

One of the obnoxious things about D&D YouTube videos- how many people talk about warlocks being a great game, thematically, but less than optimal mechanically.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I always get confused when I read stories and it's mentioned that this or that entity is offering to let a player form a warlock pact with then as a reward. It makes me ask, why? Why should a player be tempted by a sudden class change that they could make whenever they leveled up anyway?

I just don't get it.
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Tman- I'm probably being picky and it doesn't matter right now, but I'm not aware of any necrotic typed damage being involved. Was that flavor text? Did I maybe miss an official update somewhere?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eldritch blast should be Force damage, right?
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:52 pm Tman- I'm probably being picky and it doesn't matter right now, but I'm not aware of any necrotic typed damage being involved. Was that flavor text? Did I maybe miss an official update somewhere?
I based it on notes from your post, quoted below.
Spectrum wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:09 pm
Move action: stand from prone
Bonus action: cast hex, disadvantage on charisma checks
Action: Eldritch blast: to hit: _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 if that hits: _: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11 force damage _: 1D6 = [5] = 5 necrotic.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Looks around all shifty like.

Doh! :)

Yep, that is clearly my mistake.

I blame the pain killers?