Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread

Post by Spectrum »

I now have a new interpretation of attunement and intelligent weapons- Skippy!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I don't really have much to say on the current segment of scene. Just waiting to hear if the less friendly gobs need to be offed.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ditto. Also curious how lawful these possible executions might be in this setting.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

They are vermin to be destroyed.... and they don't speak Sylvan to show that they belong to the fey.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Hey folks. I hope that you all had a happy and safe New Years. After talking with Tman, I decided to decided to put a present under the game's tree. A bit of an experiment too.

I ended up getting stuff on D&D Beyond for Christmas. One of the things that they offer is a membership level that allows sharing content within a gaming group. I sent you all an invite to partake. It should allow tracking things even more streamlined. I'm also going to look into promoting Tman into having more rights to see things. I also talked to him about opening up more books for the group but that's his call not mine. I have heard that things aren't balanced very well and can cause some serious problems at the table.

Again, this is an experiment. If it goes well, if it works well, I'll keep it open. If not then well I won't. Not a threat, just not worth spending money on something we're not using. 😋 not expensive but it's better to be mindful of expenses.

Also, please keep the link private. There is a limited number of slots. This is a something that I want to share with friends, not strangers.

Thanks for letting me part of the game. I hope to enjoy sharing the fun times for A long future!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

First off, let me say thank you for sharing that! It looks very interesting from what I've seen so far.
Secondly, sorry for the delay in GM posts coming - I jammed a finger on my hand really bad (I can only fully bend it or keep it straight) so typing has been very difficult the last week (plus a few days, I'm only just now feeling up to it and I still hunt & peck with that hand). So thanks to everyone for being patient with me.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Additional content has been added. Full warning on tons of spoilers.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Did I pick out the wrong character? I thought that I picked the messenger monk?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm Did I pick out the wrong character? I thought that I picked the messenger monk?
That would be Lan you wanted.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

But to that question, what is the policy in this world, TM? are we within our rights to dispense 'road justice' on these Goblins even though they have surrendered and are no direct threat to us currently?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:26 pm But to that question, what is the policy in this world, TM? are we within our rights to dispense 'road justice' on these Goblins even though they have surrendered and are no direct threat to us currently?
Had the Goblins not given up, then the group would be well within their rights to defend themselves. However, with the Goblins having surrendered and no longer being a direct threat? No, not at all. In fact if the group did decide to use "road justice" and their actions were discovered, then they would be wanted by what passes for the law enforcement agents of the land (as well as the members of the Goblin tribe in question, IF they discover who was responsible).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Ah, that had never been clear. So, are we obligated to take these prisoners to the next town, feed them nightly, etc. To turn them in for their crimes?

I get not killing them in cold blood. But now what do law-abiding citizens do in this circumstance?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

That's the fun with some of these settings.
In some settings Goblins are monsters, unredeemable, destructive, and deadly. Your options are kill or be killed.
In other settings goblins are goofball idiots who, while occasionally deadly, are largely harmless in the right situation.

Same thing with justice systems.
Some worlds will manage jails, or work camps to contain certain levels of criminals.
Others have a cut off point where they're disposed of rather than taking the cost of upkeeping the prisoners.

I could use a little guidance in this setting as to what the appropriate solution would be in our situation. Letting them go seems like a bad idea, it sounds like executing them for their crimes would be frowned upon, and we're not really equipped to guard prisoners while going on a rescue mission.

Also curious to know what the opinion of Jarrak's god would be in regards to bandits. I can't imagine the god of travel would approve anything that specifically attacks people on the roads. ;~)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Heartbeat check
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Still alive on my end, just wanted to give the other PCs a chance to chime in how what to do with the other 2 goblins.