Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Glyph

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Glyph »

Prism
HP:1

Photon proved to be a better tracker then she, so Prism followed his lead as he opened a grate through which a trail apparently led.

"It is my hope that we are not too late to save them, the Judgement of the Light be on those responsible." She replied sternly, shining her light down the tunnel.
"Let us go." She said as she floated down the path.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp: 1

"Oh yes! Dragonfyre!", Thom exclaimed with a snap of his fingers. "Yes! You're the dragon Majax mentioned. Excellent." He turned then to regard the volcano.
Dragonfyre wrote:"I might be able to...pull some of the burn from the Cano....might.Got any suggestions?"
"What you are no doubt feeling is the nexus within the mountain. Anubis is activating it, which is, in turn activating the volcano. As mighty as you may be, not even an ancient wyrm could simply sever the linking of two elemental planes." Indicating depths of the cave, he adds, "This is where he entered. The most expedient way to stop the eruption is to stop him. Shall we?"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3 LP: 0

Chris sighed and shrugged as they rushed him, though he doubted any of them noticed his disappointment. Just once it would be nice if the punks would say 'You know, we can't possibly beat this guy. Maybe we should give up.' But not today apparently.

Seeing as how he was here to specifically make an example, Chris decided to run his 'Thug Intelligence Test' and see how it turned out. The first one threw a punch, like he expected the superhero to just stand there and take it. Chris caught it in his hand and let the electricity do the rest. The punk fell, twitching. The next came with a club, maybe thinking it wouldn't conduct electricity. He was wrong and joined his friend on the ground. The next showed surprising restraint and slowed up to wait for assistance. They came from opposite sides but had no idea how to use that to their advantage and a quick sidestep had them stumbling over each other. One lightning blast took them both down.

The rest came at him in a mass rush. Chris was a blur with arms and legs swinging wildly to keep up with the volume of attacks. Fortunately, he didn't have to spare a thought for offense as each block delivered a burst of energy to the attacker. Twenty-five seconds later, there were none of them left moving. Then, there was a crack and a sharp pain in his shoulder blade. Chris turned to look and there was one left standing, a smoking gun in his hand.

"You just put yourself on the wrong list." Brawling was one thing but when a gun came out, leniency was the first victim. He charged forward, slapped the gun out of the man's hand and knocked him down with a kick. Cuffs came out and Chris dragged him to a bench and secured him to it. A quick call back to the sergeant let the police know where to pick him up.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 1
LP: 2
Hornet...got someone calling himself a mage here who stepped out of the wall..." The flame and fire of the volcano, separated by just a few feet of rock, pull again at Tony's own primordial soul. Shaking his head to regain composure, Dragonfyre looks back at Magus Errant, Yours and mine concur...not natural. Still need to stop it..."Again, Tony pauses, "I might be able to...pull some of the burn from the Cano....might.Got any suggestions?"
"Hang on for backup, I'm on my way." Hornet answered. As he left the scientists the shrunken hero activated his communicator. "Hornet to Shock; I'm on my way to back up Dragonfyre at the volcano."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock

As you finish cleaning up the last of the brawling group a quick moment to take stock of yourself and the situation. The crow is dispersed as one good look at the lightning bolt you used to incapacitate the thugs in question was more then enough excitement for them. The bullet pinged your protective field with little effect leaving you unharmed.

All told a solid effort in crowd control. Its at that moment that an alarm rings at a bank across the street. The branch closed due to the emergency has both doors suddenly explode off their hinges as a blast of wind slams into them. This is followed by a pair of blurs that zoom into the place. mere moments later the sounds of the place being ransacked can be heard from within.

A quick peek inside nets you two members of the Ultimates, namely the Blur, and Dust Devil. Both are dangerous though even without their teammates.

quic note this happens as Hornets message comes in to Shock

good roll it lets you catch 2 bad guys in the process. Also a hero point for the daring do as promised :)

Dust Devil and Blur of the Ultimate's seemingly at this moment on a bank spree.

should you engage initiative will be yours for a surprise round then kicks in as normal given blurs speed.

youre move sir :)

Initiative when it kicks in

Blur 25

Dust Devil 18

Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

As the pair go deeper into the tunnels Colin can hear Elena trying to reach him but finds that hes not able to hear her well the deeper they go.

As they advance they can both feel the ominous pressure of the weight of billions of tons of rock and earth overhead. But also something darker seems to be adding to the pressure they both feel as if some malevolent force were pressing against them the further they go.

Even Prisms light seems almost swallowed at the edges by the darkness as if it were trying to reach them but the alien woman's light is strong and so the pair remain safe in its embrace. Colin whose flown among the stars isn't deterred at all by the darkness even though he can feel something out there in it.

Still the quiet in the tunnels is almost as ominous as the darkness itself.

Some perception checks would not go amiss here
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Dragonfyre
HP:1 Cnd: Grumbly

"Hang on for backup, I'm on my way."
Looking back at Magus, "Hold up Gandalf...we're waiting for a little back up," Tony grumbled. Then another wave of hunger flows through Tony, causing him to shudder. As suddenly as it hit, it passes, "Nexus?....you think Anubis is pulling on a Nexus? Can you interrupt his pull on the Nexus"
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism

As the the feeling of oppression grows, it becomes clear that there was something unnatural at work.
"On your guard Photon," she whispered as she began to grow tense, focusing on her surroundings. It would not do to be catch in awares.

kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Photon

Oh yeah, this was normal.

Photon is perhaps a little to blasé about the obvious danger in the tunnels to notice what is going on.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp: 1

Dragonfyre wrote:Looking back at Magus, "Hold up Gandalf...we're waiting for a little back up," Tony grumbled. Then another wave of hunger flows through Tony, causing him to shudder. As suddenly as it hit, it passes, "Nexus?....you think Anubis is pulling on a Nexus? Can you interrupt his pull on the Nexus"
"I certainly mean to try.", Thom answered. "Backup, you say? Excellent! But they should hurry...."
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shock
HP: 3->4->3 LP: 0

"Acknowledged Hornet. I got Blur and Dust Devil here making an unauthorized withdrawal. I'm going to try to prevent their escape." Chris wasn't wild about going in outnumbered but he didn't have help close by and these two could clean out half the island if left alone. He raced into the bank, quickly located Blur and charged him with a blow to the jaw. Then he followed up with a 360 roundhouse kick.
Initiative roll: 1D20 + 14 = [19]+14 = 33

Surprise round: Power attack for 2 on Blur.
Electrical Aura punch: 1D20 + 11 = [16]+11 = 27 Toughness DC27

First round for high initiative: Power attack 2 again
Electrical Aura kick: 1D20 + 11 = [2]+11 = 13 Reroll that
Electrical Aura kick: 1D20 + 11 = [9]+11 = 20 +10 makes that a 30. DC 27 again
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Shock

As Shock makes his rapid fire approach he catches a snippet of the conversation between the two.

"Hurry Up man! Binders gonna be pissed at us if we aren't back soon." Dust Devil snaps at Blur whose rapid fire loading money into large orange bags. "You know he didn't want us doing anything else except planting his doohickeys."

"Shut it man, hes gonna be grateful for all this loot, so just cool your heals or you know help." Blue responds his voice sounding like someone speaking from behind a fan. "besides we planted them all over so he'll get his monster anyways." Blur retorts.

Dust Devils rolls his eyes and then looks right at Shock but before the surprise can even register in his eyes, Shock lands a brutal cross to Blurs jaw that connects with a crack and snap of Electricity which deposits the blurred speedster on his rear end some ten feet backwards. Only his bizarre blurred physiology saves him from a clean knock out.

Dust Devil barely managed to snap his wind screen in place and its all that saves him from having Shock kick basically remove his head from his shoulders. Even still the wicked fast roundhouse kick connects with the mans jaw and he makes a very satisfying thump as he hits the floor.

Blur starts to rise up shaking his head and rubbing his sore jaw as he looks at shock "Bad move hero, now I'm gonna hurt you."

That hits thanks to blur being vulnerable his toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
is a bruised x1and hes knocked on his arse.

that also hit DD and his toughness save _: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
fail by 8 which is a bruised x1 and a dazed

Initiative status

Shock 33

Blur 25 bruised x1

Dust Devil 18 bruised x1 (dazed)

Initiative active you're up my friend :)

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Photon and Prism

The soft murmuring goes louder the deeper the pair venture and soon becomes a more distinct groaning. As they make their way down it is Prism who notices it first and quickly dims her light before the enter into a larger cavern area.

Her instinctive reaction keeps both of them from being discovered as inside the middle of the some what oddly shaped cavern which is mostly hexagonal a large group of people are standing swaying from side to side. Photon sees them as well but its Prism who recognizes them as the missing folk from the under dwellers.

Their backs are turned to the heroic pair and they just stand there in an award fashion swaying side to side. Among them walks a robed and hooded figure who studies them and pokes and prods one on occasion resulting in a soft tormented groaning before the figure makes a nodding motion and moves on to the next.

Something that both heroes notice though is that there are a lot more then just the dozen or so missing homeless here, theres close to sixty people standing in neat rows swaying side to side and moaning softly as the hooded and cloaked figure moves among them.

Along the walls Prism also notes various symbol, hieroglyphics of a sort pictures of animals and people and other symbols though what they might mean is anyones guess with out further study.

Actions folks?

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 1
LP: 2

One perk of his small stature was that Kirk could make good time when flying; at his size most things that would be obstacles for a normal sized person had unique ways through or around them for someone his size. Combined with his flight harness' speed and Kirk could cover an impressive distance in a short period of time.

Thus it didn't take Hornet very long to meet up with Dragonfyre and his newly met ally. "Hi, I'm Hornet. Wish we weren't meeting under these conditions." He said to the uniquely dressed man standing with his teammate in his usual upbeat and friendly tone.

Sorry for my lack of activity, things have been a little busy for me.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Prism

"There's the fiend." Prism whispered. She clenched her fists in anger as she observed the figure surveying the lost underdwellers and other victims like they were meat at a market.

Without any discussion or hesitation, motes of light swirled around her as the crystals in her hands and her single horn flared to life.

"Release them Monster!"

She shouted as she shot as high as the ceiling would allow and a searing bright ray of light lanced from her hands towards the clocked figure as she throws all her strength and rage into the blast.
Against wisdom and caution, Prism is going to Big attach attack the hooded figure. - All out Attack, and Power Attack +5 to damage -5 on defence.
All out Power Attack (+/- 5): 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28

Oh wow. Crit! DC 39 against that if it's a hit.
Inititiative: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
cause I expect it will be needed... unless I just one shot this guy.
defences at -5 until Prism's next turn.